Got ticket for tint. Can I take it off show it to them, and put it back on?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
It depends where you are in Calfornia. In Los Angeles city courts its progressive more you get caught the more the fine goes up and your charged accordingly. In the city of Los Angeles you cannot just pay the fine they make you take the tint off and either get it inspected at the court or Highway Patrol. I have had this done several times and I wish I could have just paid the fine but they want you to go through the trouble of taking it off and getting it inspected so you think twice next time. As far as other cities in the Los Angeles area I don't know.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by juruki
I got a ticket for having tint on my front windows. I have a Black CL-S with beige interior and the car looks funky without the front tint. I was planning to take the tint off, show that I fixed it and put it back on. Am I gonna get in more trouble if they pull me over for the same thing again?
Well you see when I used to have my CL what I did was take a picture of the car without tint at close to the same angle and save that picture for future usage. Then I tinted my windows and when I got pulled over I just showed up to court and gave the two pictures of my tinted windows and my non tinted one. It works everytime for me but that's in Philadelphia though.