Got ticket for speeding 1000$

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Read Matt. 24 3-14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol this thread is great and I like the website^^ . Try not to go soooo hard on this guy remember he does have a $925 ticket which if it was me I would think about every day for at least a year. I think he learned his lesson, I think I learned my lesson jus reading this. I can think of plenty of things to do with a grand other than give it away.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 500 Likes on 278 Posts
Well, okay, the guy was really speeding, so not the smartest thing to do. BUT, I've lived 12years in Sherbrooke (from 6 till i was 18), a place 60miles East of Montreal.. and there are MANY roads there with a speedlimit of 70km/h and there is NOTHING on them.

Next time I go I'll take a few pictures if you want, they are connecting roads of little towns, and it's basically trees on the left, trees on the right, that's IT!

I've done some crazy speeds through there with my 95 maxima, not the smartest thing, because if I have a tire blow out, or some animal jumps infront of me, well I'm totally SOL, but I've never done that with passengers in the car, or if there were cars on that road at all. And this wasn't a windy road, it was a straight shot, and you easily had a 1+ mile visibility.

as for the Las Vegas guy, speeding in a 35mph limit, congratz, you're an idiot. Another fun game: russian roulette with a Glock, it's fun and you're sure to win!
Old 01-03-2007, 01:34 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vincethe1
i'm not american and i've done 120 in a 35 in my 06 6MT TL, and my friend did 105 in a 25 (in a sub devision) in a 2004 Maxima 5AT....
i meant the 115 in a 45 as a conversion (i dont use KM's).

and you're a fucking retard for going that fast in those zones. It'll catch up to you though.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i'm not american and i've done 120 in a 35 in my 06 6MT TL, and my friend did 105 in a 25 (in a sub devision) in a 2004 Maxima 5AT....

i guess what they say is true...

fucken morons have friends who are fucken morons too
Old 01-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Got DEP???

Originally Posted by PimpCL23
highway??? 45mph??? u sure???

over here in in the great land of AMERICA the lowest speed limit ive seen posted is 55... so... ya... CANADA sucks
I got a ticket for doing 80mph in a 45mph on a major highway in Massachusetts...

I was going through Boston at 5 in the morning and normally (during the day) I am always stuck in stop and go traffic here, so I never look at the speed limit...
I thought the cop was being a dick, I didn't even slow down when he put his blues on, because I had my Cruise set at 70mph (what I thought was 5mph over). Long story short, got the ticket and the next day driving through there, I noticed there was a posted limit of 40mph! This was on as highway that normaly is 65mph...

Long story short, I got out lucky! I was doing 140mph on the highway that led to this one and I decided to set the cruise so I wouldn't get in trouble...
It always works that way for me, try to obey the speed limit, I get pulled over...
Old 01-03-2007, 07:08 PM
CURBS FTL

does no one have a radar detecter?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mrdeeno

HAHAHAHAA, awsome!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Got DEP???

Originally Posted by trewatts
My last post was while using a radar detector...
Like I said, I in no way knew that the speed limit was so low. It was on a major highway. When my radar detector went off, I just kept going on cruise thinking I had no problem...
Old 01-04-2007, 08:26 AM
CURBS FTL

thats unfortunate... last ticket i got im pretty sure the cop made up a speed because he saw me braking as i came over the hill. i was going somewhere between 40 and 45 in a 30 and he said i was going 48.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:40 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by mrdeeno

mabe if i take a picture of the road i was doing it on you would stfu....
Old 01-04-2007, 08:55 AM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

mabe if i take a picture of the road i was doing it on you would stfu....
and my friend did 105 in a 25 (in a sub devision) in a 2004 Maxima 5AT....
the man is right you and your friend is f@#$king morons.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Its funny how uneducated people brag about retarded things.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 AM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

Originally Posted by Fabvsix
Ole timer chiming in....
Just a few days ago on 20/20 a man was driving thru his neighborhood where he lived for 20 plus years. Speed limit was 35, he was going 50 mph. Suddenly a car with two gals began backing out of their driveway. That man plowed into their car killing both of them. He was given "life" with NO chance of parole for just going 15 miles over the limit.....
THINK TWICE ABOUT HAULING ASS THESE DAYS WITH BLACK BOXES IN THE CARS AND LAWYERS !
i think he was driving gm and it had blackbox which supposedly recorded he was going like 80 mph at the moment, and it was used against him. damn GM American Revolution my ass
Old 01-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by trewatts
In CAnada it's illigal to have radar detector+ This cop didn't laser me he just saw me speeding and folowed
Old 01-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by bargamento
that has to be the stupidest thing i've ever heard....
i agree.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Pro

driving stupid is the new thing to brag about?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I almost got caught coming home last week.....I was doing 125 in a 35 lol I saw the cops lights flip on, but by that time I was already completely past him. I turned off my lights and hid in a neighborhood
Old 01-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Techniques
driving stupid is the new thing to brag about?
Not new.....they have been doing that for a long time around here.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Read Matt. 24 3-14

Originally Posted by JJaber06
I almost got caught coming home last week.....I was doing 125 in a 35 lol I saw the cops lights flip on, but by that time I was already completely past him. I turned off my lights and hid in a neighborhood
hahaha
Old 01-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JJaber06
thats crazy I wish I would do that to
Old 01-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Racer

I'm an engineer.. you are always more likely to get into a worse accident at a higher speed due to the square in the simple speed vs. force formula, the discussion was about one speed vs. another but I am saying look at the formula.

As for these young people who feel the need to do more than twice the legal limit, do they not think their life is worth much?? If someone's going to do that just make sure there aren't people around to crash into

Originally Posted by amashraf
No, that has to be the dumbest response I've ever heard. Perhaps if you've ever taken a physics course (which I highly doubt), you would understand that there is really not that much difference for a driver at these speeds. Of course, there is a difference between 75 mph and 100 mph, but nowhere near as great as a difference as between 10 mph and 35 mph, when we're discussing accidents. In sheer velocity, obviously, the intervals are exactly the same (25 mph), but in terms of human impact, there is a great disparity between the two.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Intermediate

I just do not understand how people still cannot understand this concept. Granted, you may be an engineer, but I myself have taken many physics and mathematics courses throughout my college career - two classes short of a mathematics major. These formulas are known to anyone who's taken these courses. My background, though, is comp sci.

BUT - we're not discussing the finer points of mathematics or the theoretical world of physics here. What we're talking about is what the effects on humans are at these speeds. OF COURSE the force of impact will be MUCH greater at 100 mph vs 75 mph. HOWEVER, the force of impact at 75 mph is great enough to easily endanger your life.

If people are still so naive as to believe that the government is concerned with their safety, they need to check themselves into a mental clinic. Speeding fines are simply a money-making machine.

Are the Germans really that stupid??? Have any of you nay-sayers ever even driven on the Autobahn? I can tell you this much: The Autobahn has 10 times the cars on it as any interstate highway in the Midwest. Whether it be I-35, I-90, I-94, I-29, etc......these interstates have barely any traffic on them. In Germany, there's a good amount of traffic AND there are rolling hills in many parts.

Why is it that the Germans don't have a need to pull over people based on their speed. People there drive at their own comfort level. They take the responsibility of driving upon themselves. And, everyone is driving around 100 mph. Why don't you see a significant fatality rate there?

Because, if you have a safe vehicle and are a capable and attentive driver, you can easily manage 100 mph. If you were in an accident at 75 mph OR 100 mph, you'd be screwed.

Or maybe 75 mph is too fast for you too??? Maybe you'd like to cut the speed
limit to 40 mph. Then everyone would be safe, wouldn't they?

People have a tendency to repeat that which they think they are expected to trumpet. Think for yourselves. Just think about it.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

I think a lot of wrecks in the states that occur at highspeed is because other traffic doesn't expect another car to fly by them at 120mph on the highway. Plus I swear that 1/2 the drivers in the friggin state of florida don't know what the rear view mirrors are for.

the other thing I notice when I go visit the family back in europe, some countries have speed limits on the highways in the city, but inbetween, you're free to roll. And I was amazed to see how I was following some cars going about 220km/h and once we get in the city everybody would drop down to 100km/h, go through the city carefully, then when the speedlimit sign was marked off, they opened it back up. But then again, people there don't speed as much as you'd expect. I guess since it's legal, it's no longer cool, who knows. But in no speed limit zones i'd pass cars who were not going any faster than 70 to 80mph.

The thing I find interesting here, is this big taunt from the car manifacturers and the law. Here the big V8 and all that is super popular, and the speed limit is fairly strict. 70 mph to me is pretty sad for mustangs vetts... heck even the good ole Excursion or Suburban feel stable at those speeds.

I just see it as, in europe, you buy your slick car, you get out of the city you do some highspeed runs, you get that out of your system and voila you're done.

I don't think speed alone will kill someone (unless it's REALLY fast), I think it's a combination of speed and road conditions. And also, some people grossly over estimate their driving skills. That's why I don't ride passenger anymore. I mean, a few months back, I was riding with a friend. it was wet, and we were not speeding. This sharp turn comes around turns the wheel and the car starts to understeer. (bad tires).. what does he do, turn the wheel even futher and nail the breaks... now the tires had 0 chance of gripping. We didn't wreck, he was going too slow, we stoped just short of the ditch, but that's totally pathetic. If you want to see idiots driving, just watch that video where cars go down a snowy/icey hill.... drivers JUMP out of the car. AH HA HA, oh my god!

To me going 140mph doesn't make you a good driver, or cool, it's knowing when you can and can't go 140mph. problem is that going 140mph on "roads" is rarely safe, not because of the speed, but because of other traffic, and even if the road is clear of traffic, at that speed you could come up on some debree that will destroy your tires really fast.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by imposss
180km=115milles 70km=45milles
ha milles... its miles
Old 01-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by amashraf

I just do not understand how people still cannot understand this concept. Granted, you may be an engineer, but I myself have taken many physics and mathematics courses throughout my college career - two classes short of a mathematics major. These formulas are known to anyone who's taken these courses. My background, though, is comp sci.

BUT - we're not discussing the finer points of mathematics or the theoretical world of physics here. What we're talking about is what the effects on humans are at these speeds. OF COURSE the force of impact will be MUCH greater at 100 mph vs 75 mph. HOWEVER, the force of impact at 75 mph is great enough to easily endanger your life.

If people are still so naive as to believe that the government is concerned with their safety, they need to check themselves into a mental clinic. Speeding fines are simply a money-making machine.

Are the Germans really that stupid??? Have any of you nay-sayers ever even driven on the Autobahn? I can tell you this much: The Autobahn has 10 times the cars on it as any interstate highway in the Midwest. Whether it be I-35, I-90, I-94, I-29, etc......these interstates have barely any traffic on them. In Germany, there's a good amount of traffic AND there are rolling hills in many parts.

Why is it that the Germans don't have a need to pull over people based on their speed. People there drive at their own comfort level. They take the responsibility of driving upon themselves. And, everyone is driving around 100 mph. Why don't you see a significant fatality rate there?

Because, if you have a safe vehicle and are a capable and attentive driver, you can easily manage 100 mph. If you were in an accident at 75 mph OR 100 mph, you'd be screwed.

Or maybe 75 mph is too fast for you too??? Maybe you'd like to cut the speed
limit to 40 mph. Then everyone would be safe, wouldn't they?

People have a tendency to repeat that which they think they are expected to trumpet. Think for yourselves. Just think about it.
it also takes a lot more tests and time to get your license over in germany... in america, we will hand a license to any 16 yr old idiot driving his daddy's corvette. they have a lot more skill and experience, and when your not worried about the law, your a lot more comfortable driving faster than usual...

ive been in a wreck thats was the other guys fault, ive had speeding tickets before, and ive driven way too fast before, but the most important thing here is common sense. dont do what you know will get you in trouble unless your completely willing to pay the consequences.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PhilB81
I think a lot of wrecks in the states that occur at highspeed is because other traffic doesn't expect another car to fly by them at 120mph on the highway. Plus I swear that 1/2 the drivers in the friggin state of florida don't know what the rear view mirrors are for.

the other thing I notice when I go visit the family back in europe, some countries have speed limits on the highways in the city, but inbetween, you're free to roll. And I was amazed to see how I was following some cars going about 220km/h and once we get in the city everybody would drop down to 100km/h, go through the city carefully, then when the speedlimit sign was marked off, they opened it back up. But then again, people there don't speed as much as you'd expect. I guess since it's legal, it's no longer cool, who knows. But in no speed limit zones i'd pass cars who were not going any faster than 70 to 80mph.

The thing I find interesting here, is this big taunt from the car manifacturers and the law. Here the big V8 and all that is super popular, and the speed limit is fairly strict. 70 mph to me is pretty sad for mustangs vetts... heck even the good ole Excursion or Suburban feel stable at those speeds.

I just see it as, in europe, you buy your slick car, you get out of the city you do some highspeed runs, you get that out of your system and voila you're done.

I don't think speed alone will kill someone (unless it's REALLY fast), I think it's a combination of speed and road conditions. And also, some people grossly over estimate their driving skills. That's why I don't ride passenger anymore. I mean, a few months back, I was riding with a friend. it was wet, and we were not speeding. This sharp turn comes around turns the wheel and the car starts to understeer. (bad tires).. what does he do, turn the wheel even futher and nail the breaks... now the tires had 0 chance of gripping. We didn't wreck, he was going too slow, we stoped just short of the ditch, but that's totally pathetic. If you want to see idiots driving, just watch that video where cars go down a snowy/icey hill.... drivers JUMP out of the car. AH HA HA, oh my god!

To me going 140mph doesn't make you a good driver, or cool, it's knowing when you can and can't go 140mph. problem is that going 140mph on "roads" is rarely safe, not because of the speed, but because of other traffic, and even if the road is clear of traffic, at that speed you could come up on some debree that will destroy your tires really fast.

i totally agree... btw that video is funny as shit! i saw it a couple months ago on you tube... made me laugh so hard... you know if i was really in that situation, i would have just gunned it and tried to steer the car past all those idiots. at that point though, everyone was hitting everyone regardless of the situation... here is a link to the video... hilarious

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ivGWma3ZieI