got some new problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 08:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got some new problems

i took my car on a trip ths past weekend,on the way my side air bag light came on and went back off ,but now it does it a lot it does not stay on,and my driver window wont do the auto down it anly goes half way,and i think the tranny in about to go its acting weird, the car has 35,000i have only had the car about a 5 weeksdoes any one know what the proplem is or how to fix it please, thank u
Old 03-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Back to Four Doors

Re: got some new problems

Originally posted by mikeycls
i took my car on a trip ths past weekend,on the way my side air bag light came on and went back off ,but now it does it a lot it does not stay on,and my driver window wont do the auto down it anly goes half way,and i think the tranny in about to go its acting weird, the car has 35,000i have only had the car about a 5 weeksdoes any one know what the proplem is or how to fix it please, thank u
1) The side airbag light sometimes comes on if you have a "reasonably" heavy package in the seat. The sensor there is designed to turn off the airbag if it "thinks" there is NOT a person in the seat. Sounds like a bad sensor.

2) Window doesn't lower .... sounds like another sensor or the motor.

3) For the tranny, you gotta describe "weird." Could be it's acting normally and you were expecting something different. Or it could be going bad. Mine crapped out when going from 2nd to 3rd gear ... as in ... there was NO 3rd gear ... just hi revs like the car went into neutral.

For 1 and 2, take it to the dealer as you are still under the factory warranty. For 3, you may just have to wait and see.

Good luck ... I know you will enjoy the car when you get these nit picky things taken care of.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:40 AM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

Do you have someone riding w/ you in the front most of the time? Tell them to quit moving around! Sensor usually comes on and off when the person gets close to the window. Like Lead_sled said, it's a safety feature
Old 03-26-2003, 01:12 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
If you lean against the side bolsters too much, the side airbag light will come on and the airbag is deactivated. The reason being, if you're leaning against it hard enough to trigger it, then you're too close to the window and if the airbag deploys, you could be seriously hurt.

Now, if the sensor is going on and off by itself, have the dealership look at it. Most likely a bad sensor.

As for the window, dealership. There could be something stuck in the track, or the motor is going, or there's something wrong with the switch. Either way, it should be an easy fix.

Tranny... that's not that easy. Look for sudden downshifts by itself, or hesitation when shifting. It might be going bad.

Good luck.