Got new Apexi WSII exhaust for CL!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got new Apexi WSII exhaust for CL!

Woohoo! I just bought the new exhaust from Nopi today, can't wait to install it in the morning. Will post pics and sound clips asap The tips are great, they look similar to the stock CL ovals, but a bit more round and much more aggressive!

I hope it sounds as mean as it looks!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sweetness. post vids
Old 10-18-2005, 12:01 AM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
uhmm! you have a turbo'd S13 too. i had an auto '93 red fastback before my CL. is it the faster of the 3 listed? do you have any times on them?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:55 AM
That's Racist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apex'i RS right here (WS1 w/o the little cut out hole). enjoy your exhaust mang. The tone on these are awesome. Subtle, but existant.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:38 AM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

Nice! How much did they cost you? I'm thinking of finding exhausts too but I can't decide on which ones. I'm thinking Comptech or Apex'i. Has anyone heard anything about the Tanabe Super Medallions?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:01 AM
Don't Mess With Texas

hey kensukikatayo when are you gonna take peoples advice and change your settings so your sig doesnt show up in every post....its freakin annoying

edit: congrats on the exhaust...looking forward to seeing it on your car, AND hearing about your s13
Old 10-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

Originally Posted by cltypeSLOW
hey kensukikatayo when are you gonna take peoples advice and change your settings so your sig doesnt show up in every post....its freakin annoying

edit: congrats on the exhaust...looking forward to seeing it on your car, AND hearing about your s13
Sorry... Noone said nething before..
Old 10-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

its cool man...its just like mrsteve said...its nice to know what kinda brake pads you use and all but not every post
Old 10-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S
uhmm! you have a turbo'd S13 too. i had an auto '93 red fastback before my CL. is it the faster of the 3 listed? do you have any times on them?
I'm sure the fastest of the three is the S13 especially because he's running a gt35R which is a good sized turbo for that motor.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Racer

DAMN, All I gotta say is that this thing sounds like an NSX with that Apexi WSII ----and i've owned two so I know how they sound....

The exhaust sounds great...during idle and normal driving it sounds just as quiet as stock...the stock CL exhaust has a blurble and this is just barely louder in the cabin. On VTEC, it sounds wicked...it's not as loud as a GReddy EVO (or as distinct)--but it sounds great and compliments the car...its not so much the loudness but the tone that blew me away.

Word of advice...this exhaust DOES NOT bolt up perfectly like other Accord V6 exhausts. Nor does it line up exactly perfectly with the cutouts. The exhaust hangers mount perfectly but the catalytic converter bolts are a bit different (which was no biggie, just drilled them out a bit on the exhaust)...and the mid pipe was about 3" short..so the exhaust shop just cut the end of the pipe after the resonator and added 3". Other than that it fits. The mufflers ARE HUGE. They hang down quite far and there is not subtelty to them. The left muffler hangs a bit to the right of the cutout--but you can't tell from the sides and it's not enough to make it look bad.

Overall i'm happy with it though. I didn't notice a huge performance gain, other than the car loves to rev...it's so much better in the 2k RPM to 5K RPM range. My advice to other exhaust shoppers would be to just get the HKS or the Comptech rear muffler sections. It's cheaper and the piping isn't that much bigger than stock.

The exhaust cost me $610.00 from NOPI. I could have gotten it cheaper through a vendor, but the shipping was a killer (the exhaust comes in two huge boxes) and made it more expensive that buying it outright.

I'll post pics and vids sometime this week once I find my digital camcorder (unless there is someone in the Atlanta area who is willing to video tape it)---I just moved to a new house and I don't know where to find it yet.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Racer

Oh and on the S13. Yes it's my fastest in the stable for now. My dumbass friend rolled my Prelude as I was building it..so I bought a 97 Supra TT to build again. I know Supra's are overdone but 1000 WHP is my goal.

The 240 is heavily modded...in fact I can't even list most of them in the sig. The bottom end is fully built/balanced/blueprinted...the head is polished and ported. Along with the basics, it has HKS 264 cams/cam gears, HKS valve springs (and associated HKS hardware) GReddy intake manifold & headgasket, GReddy oil pan...the FMIC isn't Apexi anymore, I went to a larger skyline SPEARCO core, AEM stand-alone ECU, SARD variable injectors, NISMO motor/tranny mounts, Koyo radiator/Flex-a-lite fans, ACT Stage III clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Nismo LSD...
The suspension is TEIN SS-P coilovers, NISMO power brace...etc

My times in this car have lowered as i've built it obviously. With the current setup my best time is an 11.5@138 mph on a pretty hot day. It puts out a little over 500 WHP at a pretty conservative 23 psi.

I'm got the performance out of it, now the car is being prepped and sprayed with a custom PPG paint and getting the 5 lug conversion and a Brembo BBK installed. The interior is the last...time to rip out the nasty stock Nissan cloth.

By the way, i've owned this car about 5 years now..and I don't know if I am the only one with a 240 that feels this way...but...I HATE DRIFTING. To me, ice-skating with that much power is a waste of time, and tire. Sure, it looks good and it takes skill...but i'd rather autocross or drag than drift. I'd rather stomp the hell out of a SRT10 Viper or a Z06 Vette than drift.

The car is in the paint shop (it's currently sprayed flat black)...and i'll post the pics/dyno sheets/vids or whatever as soon as I get unpacked if anyone is interested. There's this particularly interesting race at a drag strip with a Lingenfelter Twin Turbo C5 Vette that's pretty interesting. Let's just say the owner didn't like getting beat by a 4 cylinder rice car (he ran an 11.9 to my 11.7)..
Old 10-19-2005, 01:09 AM
Racer

Oh and on a side note...I got new tires for the CL... 225/45ZR18 Pirelli PZero Rosso...these tires are OUTSTANDING!
Old 10-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Racer

After a couple of days of having the exhaust, I love it! It's very similar sounding to a stock G35/350Z exhaust...until VTEC-then it wails. The mufflers seem to have "broken in" and have a bit more tone at lower RPM's than they did the first day.

The only negative is that everyone wants to race now...lol.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:06 AM
That's Racist

pics or death.

but i'm a bit confused, as my apex'i exhaust has no sound past the 3k mark...

and I haven't gotten any invitations to race... there was some guy who had a pretty (clean) done up civ hatch that shot a thumbs up though.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:59 AM
Beware of leakage

I'll agree Sleep, with the VTEC Cam lobes being only on the intake side, the exhaust note really dissapates after 5k RPM's.
I know when I had my CLS with CT headers and Greddy axle backs, Only exhaust note was from 1-4k RPM's.

It's not like my GS-R having the larger VTEC lobes on the exhaust cam, and when the changover occurs it makes he exhaust note noticeable different.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Pro

Pics of version 2?
Old 10-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Chopper
I'll agree Sleep, with the VTEC Cam lobes being only on the intake side, the exhaust note really dissapates after 5k RPM's.
I know when I had my CLS with CT headers and Greddy axle backs, Only exhaust note was from 1-4k RPM's.

It's not like my GS-R having the larger VTEC lobes on the exhaust cam, and when the changover occurs it makes he exhaust note noticeable different.
I didn't really mean on the inside of the car. I had my brother do a drive by and nail it. It sounds completely different outside the car than stock throughout the RPM band
Old 10-21-2005, 11:26 AM
That's Racist

This I will agree with. I had one of my friends drive by me, and the exhaust note is so much sweeter when you hear it from outside.

NOW PUT UP THOSE DAMN PICTURES AND VIDEOS kthx
Old 10-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
This I will agree with. I had one of my friends drive by me, and the exhaust note is so much sweeter when you hear it from outside.

lol...i will soon. As i said, i'm in the process of getting moved into my new house and I don't know where my digi cam and camcorder are. Moving sucks. As soon as it gets dug out I will post them.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Where in Atlanta are you? Want some help filming? I have a steady hand. I live in Cumming, and work in Alpharetta.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Racer

Hey did you notice that your tips don't match up with the cutouts perfectly? And that the muffler look like they hand down too far (it's kind of an illusion actually, since they are so much larger and have more bling than the factory).
Old 10-21-2005, 05:36 PM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by thedream21479
Hey did you notice that your tips don't match up with the cutouts perfectly? And that the muffler look like they hand down too far (it's kind of an illusion actually, since they are so much larger and have more bling than the factory).
Do you mean mine specifically? or the Apex'i's in general?

I've since learned to overlook minute details... otherwise I would be stressed to death. Especially aobut this freaking car.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Racer

Do you mean mine specifically? or the Apex'i's in general?

I've since learned to overlook minute details... otherwise I would be stressed to death. Especially aobut this freaking car.
LMAO...ain't that the truth. The minute details is what got lost in this generation of Acura.

No, I meant your exhaust, do the muffler tips hang a little off center? I mean, I can understand why---the exhaust is really made for an Accord V6 which has no cutouts in the rear bumper.