Got my car back from the shop after hail damage

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002 | 08:41 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Got my car back from the shop after hail damage

Well, after three grueling weeks I finally got my car back from the shop after the hail damage.

In short, and without a doubt, my car looks better than it did the day I picked it up!!

The entire car was re-painted and it looks like there might not be as much metallic blue in the black paint as stock--the black looks darker and deeper.

Overall the new paint looks so friggin' deep and shiny. Three coats of paint, three coats of clearcoat. No swirlmarks, no dings, no scratches. She looks tight.

So I finally can go and pick up my 03 tails and put them in. Then I have to get two wheels buffed out and she'll be lookin' better than new.

Thanks goodness. The last three weeks have really been a drag.
Old 06-21-2002 | 08:46 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

I felt the same way when I got mine back from the body shop. After the repaint, it looked better than new. I was actually suprised how good it looked. I had to wait over a month and it was the worst month ever. Stuck driving a Pontiac Grand Am. . .
Old 06-21-2002 | 09:23 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

glad you're happy with the work, and that your car has been returned
Old 06-21-2002 | 09:27 PM

Sounds like it turned out really really well for u, jz!

I've wondered what the black would look like with not as much blue in it.

BETTER!

If it was black like, Porsche black, no flakes at all really.
Old 06-21-2002 | 10:46 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Which body shop did you/they use? I'd like to know for future body/paint work.

Congrats on getting your car back, and ENJOY!!!!
Old 06-22-2002 | 12:00 AM
Advanced

glad u got ur car back , sucks not havin the car u "love" ya know what im saying
Old 06-22-2002 | 12:28 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Congrats........You are lucky that you found a GOOD bodyshop!!!!!
Old 06-22-2002 | 01:47 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by Astroboy
glad you're happy with the work, and that your car has been returned
Old 06-23-2002 | 06:47 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the kind words all!

I went to Zamora's on Gude drive in Rockville. I went to school with the owner so I knew he would take care of me and they certainly did.

I had a chance to clean her up today and I have to admit that even looking it over in the bright sun I couldn't find a single thing to complain about! All I did was rinse her down with water and a chamois and it was perfectly clean. The paint is so incredibly smooth--as good if not better than when I had done a claybar, swirlmark remover and Zaino treatment. I will be much more careful these days on what does and does not touch her to avoid marring this beautiful job.

I too was very nervous upon picking her up. I just couldn't imagine that all of that damage could get taken away. But, those guys up there really are artists and they take great pride in their work from the guys I spoke with. It was pretty cool to actually see the whole process. I actually saw her at her worst--all new panels not even primed yet, all moldings, chrome, headlights and tailights removed. Sad.
They were nice enough to repaint my grill also to match the body color perfectly. I had originally painted it black on my own and it looked very good--but now it looks perfect.

It truly was sad.

But, all is well. I'm picking up my new tails tomorrow so I should be psyched. If I could only find the wheels I want in 18's I'd be even happier.

For the MD boys and girls--see you all on Saturday at the meet!
Old 06-23-2002 | 08:11 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Pics please
Old 06-23-2002 | 11:49 PM
Racer

Nice, glad to hear your car came out better than new, I should get my car back from the shop this week too, Can't wait to see how it is gonna look.
Old 06-24-2002 | 02:43 AM
Ain't No Other...

Damn I miss my car and wanna know how she is gonna turn out also, 3000 dollars in damage, whole left driver side needs to be painted and dents pulled out and my wheels are both scrapped up...getting my license plates hole filled and grilled matched to my car's color...hope they do a good job because they have lifetime warranty on their work and is an I-CAR Gold Class member...btw had to get new rear view mirrors and everything...good thing my bodykit wasnt damaged