got into accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 06:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
got into accident

my car is f...ed up, side collision into hood/front bumper area.
I wonder if they can even repair things like that, its drivable but I dont think its safe to drive because side wall next to pulleys and belt has shifted too close and almost touching pulleys and belt.
Looks like foundation has shifted... making mettal too close to the drive pulleys....
I wonder if they can total my car.
I got insurance and everything, but I wonder if sh*t like that can be fixed. I am glad I am alive and not hurt, and thumbs up for CL being pretty safe, it completely absorbed the force of collision, and I did not feel a thing. but the bad part, my car got way more damage than some 10 year old chevrolet who collidided with me with his front. I guess the downside of safety is that cars get completely jammed up...
If I get some pictures, I might post them.
its my first accident since I got my licenense (9 years ago), i guess it can happen to anyone at any time.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: got into accident

Can anyone recommend Acura body shops in philadelphia area? IS there such a thing as acura body shop? My freinds advised me to go to one local place they've been going that specializes in body repair, they were very satisfied and said that they saw cars that are more expensive than mines being there repaired.
Or should I go with Acura body shop, is there even such a thing as Acura body shop??
Old 05-18-2004, 07:07 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ardmore Acura's body shop did a nice job on my bumpers oh so long ago. Unlike their parent dealership , the service there was right on and the folks were quite nice. They're in Ardmore on Sibley Ave behind the extension of the Suburban Square Mall (behind Trader Joe's and the Farmer's Market).
Old 05-18-2004, 07:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Slimey
Ardmore Acura's body shop did a nice job on my bumpers oh so long ago. Unlike their parent dealership , the service there was right on and the folks were quite nice. They're in Ardmore on Sibley Ave behind the extension of the Suburban Square Mall (behind Trader Joe's and the Farmer's Market).
Do you in general think that body repair shops that have word "Acura" as part of the name are any better than those that do not have it? Aren't those places completely independent from "Acura", they might say that they specialize on Acuras, but thats about it?

PS. I think its totally different when it comes to repair vs. Body work (fixing cars from accidents).... Usually those places are completely different have no association with one another. Am I right or wrong? thanks
Old 05-18-2004, 07:25 AM
Where is my super sauce?

I think they only work on Acuras, so at least they have seen how part A is connected to part B before. Are they better then an independent shop?

They did a nice job on my small problem. Other cars on their lot were well painted and taken care of. It seems pretty professional.

I suppose also, if you have engine bay damage, someone experienced in fixing the stuff under the hood is near by at their dealership. Remember, fixing up the car is more then body work and paint -- they may have to replace components in the engine bay, replace suspensions, etc.

I think the body shop that I mentioned runs as a separate business, but under the same parent corporation as the dealership. If I recall correctly, the Ardmore shop also did body work for West Chester Acura which is also owned by the same people.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Slimey

I think the body shop that I mentioned runs as a separate business, but under the same parent corporation as the dealership. If I recall correctly, the Ardmore shop also did body work for West Chester Acura which is also owned by the same people.
Thanks for the information. I just thought in general Acura dealership service and acura body repair are totaly disconnected.... btw, i called my Acura dealership(Sussman Acura) and they recommended some place that is not specializing only on Acuras, they do all makes and models.
When I asked if the recommended place specializes in Acuras, they said "no", but said they do a good job and get their parts from Sussman Acura....
So as you can see the Acura dealership did not even recommend "Acura" related body repairs.... sounds strange, I would expect them to push for Acura repair body shops...
Old 05-18-2004, 07:43 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
if you don't mind having it towed to mechanicsburg its near harrisburg, dellinger's does excellent quality work. done right the 1st time. but it would be haul for you
Old 05-18-2004, 07:52 AM
Where is my super sauce?

FYI:

I still have the business card of the guy that took care of me in 2002. He's:

Gary Perry
Asst. Body Shop Manager
(610) 642-4646
110 Sibley Ave
Ardmore, PA 19003

Call him up and ask him why he can do a better job then anyone else...see what he has to say.

FWIW -- this is a State Farm preferred shop too (my insurer). The guy that rear ended me's insurance (Allstate) wanted to send me to some hole-in-the-wall shop in King of Prussia. Allstate tried to block me from using the Acura shop, but since my car was only 9 days old, I wouldn't budge.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:58 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ouch man.

Glad to hear you walked away OK though.