GLASS SENSOR & DUAL STAGE SHOCK SENSOR in CLS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 08:27 AM
6SPDCLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLASS SENSOR & DUAL STAGE SHOCK SENSOR in CLS!

I think this is it! Anyone try this yet? I'm about to do it...just want to make sure this Excalibur model sensor is legit.

It has a DUAL STAGE SHOCK SENSOR and a GLASS MIC built into one unit to install!

From Crutchfield...
Old 10-25-2001, 09:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
how much was it?
Old 10-25-2001, 09:07 AM
6SPDCLS

As low as $14!

Although crutchfield will sell at faukin' $40.00, they do offer a guarantee..

The thing is that this is probably a piezo type sensor...The crimestopper dual stage shock sensor I wanted to get sports that new Air Resonance technology..that means you have to mount where air can pass to it.

I dunno all the differences but on my old 93 integra, I had an alpine piezo type and it worked wonderfully...the best way to check is to kick the tire of the car..if the car alarm chirps/sets off, then that is one legit placement of the sensor...and or that is a good sensor.

Originally posted by mrdeeno
how much was it?
Old 10-25-2001, 10:20 AM
Drifting

Sweet. My ? is this. Do we really need a glass sensor? I'm pretty sure the shock sensor would go off if our glass is broken.
Old 10-25-2001, 11:10 AM
Intermediate

Where did you order it?
Old 10-25-2001, 12:23 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: GLASS SENSOR & DUAL STAGE SHOCK SENSOR in CLS!

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
I think this is it! Anyone try this yet? I'm about to do it...just want to make sure this Excalibur model sensor is legit.

It has a DUAL STAGE SHOCK SENSOR and a GLASS MIC built into one unit to install!

From Crutchfield...
If you are talking about putting it in the stock alarm, then forget it. As I've been saying so many times, the stock alarm is instant trigger. Putting a dual stage sensor in would not do any good. The glass mic? Why? Shock sensor will trigger if the glass is broken anyway. Plus running the wire from the body to the door is a bitch. Definately not worthed the effort.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:44 PM
6SPDCLS

Re: Re: GLASS SENSOR & DUAL STAGE SHOCK SENSOR in CLS!

Actually, you are right about one thing...the dual stage sensor is quite usuless because we have no warning chirp feature...but you can always not wire the pre-warn trigger to the alarm..and as for the glass mic, it's important because:

THE SHOCK SENSOR WILL NOT GO OFF if they use a center punch. But those crooks will still need to open the door to get in/out.

Let's say that you are parked outside. The wind is howling and your shock sensor of course doesn't go off cause it's an intelligent one. Someone breaks your glass (say for vandalism..using center punch or something more ingenious). Your car alarm doesn't go off. The bitch decides to just leave. You wake up next morning with a hole in your window.

It's for that occasion when your shock sensor really doesn't go off. This model is infrasonic (sub human detactable sounds)...so i don't know if it'll really work as well as those mechanical type sensors.

I'm putting it in tomorrow since it'll arrive via fedex overnight. I will try to post some pictures and some details.

Originally posted by SilverKnight

If you are talking about putting it in the stock alarm, then forget it. As I've been saying so many times, the stock alarm is instant trigger. Putting a dual stage sensor in would not do any good. The glass mic? Why? Shock sensor will trigger if the glass is broken anyway. Plus running the wire from the body to the door is a bitch. Definately not worthed the effort.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:47 PM
MaxManiac

http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wf...Shock&20SENSOR

I bought this one guys and plan on installing it to my Maxima soon. But it was cheap, 10 bucks, for dual stage. But you don't use the one stage of warning, just use the instant on part.

Just another source.