General questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
General questions...

I have a black/black '01 CL-S auto with 60k on it (tranny's been replaced). I have a few random questions for the forum:

1) Scratched bumper: the owner before me looks like she swiped a concrete wall; the passenger side near the fog light has some pretty deep grooves in it (no cracks though). The options I'm guessing I have:
a) Have it professionally fixed which, I gather, could be outrageously expensive or horribly done since the paint isn't easy to match on these (that's my understanding at least).

b) Try to find a used front bumper cover off of another black CL-S and hope the paint matches close enough (this would be a longshot, I know).

c) Get a bra
2) Used headlight: had to replace my passenger lense assembly because of a bad seal; is the old one worth anything? Or should I chuck it in the garbage?

3) Bose stereo: will it display the song time/length when playing a cd, or do you just get track #? I swear I've fucked with every knob on the thing....

Any input on the above would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
Welcome.

How bad are the scratches? Are they deap and noticable or just annoying?

As for the head light. I don't think it will really be worth anything. Put it on e-bay.

And check the owner's manual about the radio. I never really listened to CDs enough to notice.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:48 PM
if you only knew...

1) Get it fixed by a professional body shop. The guy I use is one of several shops in the country authorized to work on Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Maseratis so they do an excellent job (too bad he's in FL). I had my bumber painted b/c someone hit it and you can't tell. IMO, bras are only good for long trips and not every day use.

2) Used headlight probably worth scrap (maybe a salvage place will take it).

3) The stereo in an '01 only shows the track, not the song.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
first off, welcome to acurazine

1) Ok, now that i got that out of the way, depending on how bad the bumper is (please take pics and post them if possible), i'd either do option A or B. From what I understand, removing the front bumper cover isn't all that hard, so if you can locate a decent one in a junkyard that's probably the cheapest bet. If you can find one for a good price, I'd just go for that and have it painted by a bodyshop that can blend well. Either way you'll need to have the paint blended with what's there if you're repainting, but if you can save yourself some cash on the bumper cover itself, go for it.

2) Used headlight (depending on condition) might be worth something, but most people look to replace them with the '03 lights. You might want to put up a thread in the black market for it and see if anyone bites. Just make sure you post a price.

3) as mentioned above, radio will only show track #
Old 10-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the replies guys. The scratches are deep and noticable.... bugs the crap out of me. While I'd love to have it repaired by the calibur of place mentioned, michiamo, I'm afraid they'd have to carry me out on a stretcher after giving me the estimate. How much did that run you, if you don't my asking?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Racer

[QUOTE=michiamo]

QUOTE]

Is this different on an '03?
Old 10-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Bumper should only be like $300 something dollars for removal, repair, repaint, and replace...

edit: Put the headlight up on the black market:

https://acurazine.com/forums/non-automotive-motorcycle-sales-9/

I'm not sure what it's worth, but someone might want it...
Old 10-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
[QUOTE=DelawareCLS]
Originally Posted by michiamo

QUOTE]

Is this different on an '03?
no, my '03 only showed track # and disc #.

it only shows the time when you're fast forwarding or rewinding
Old 10-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Instructor

I have a black CL-S also and some ass fart scratched my front bumper. Dealership quoted me at 250 to repaint the whole bumper since it has a lot of rock chips anyway. Just for the record the initial invoice was like 330 but they gave me a break apparently cuz the manager used to own an identical car. Gonna have that done after winter
Old 10-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Cruisin'

Hey guys. Haven't forgotten about this thread and will post pics as soon as I can. Between work and a seven-month old at home, just getting time to take and upload pics is a chore.