FYI: Grille-Tech News

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 08:45 AM
FWD tuna boat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI: Grille-Tech News

I PM'd Grille-Tech yesterday. They responded with this:

Andre:

I'm sorry we don't have the CL grille inserts available; however, we work on many other makes and models besides Acura's. As a business, we must concentrate on several options besides investing all our efforts into just one. We have nothing against the CL, but we just simply haven't developed it yet.

I guess it's not happening any time soon.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Burning Brakes

We could always try to round up some CL members who wants to purchase a grill and see what happens. I'll be more than interested to buy one
Old 10-22-2004, 09:14 AM
FWD tuna boat

Originally Posted by racersky
We could always try to round up some CL members who wants to purchase a grill and see what happens. I'll be more than interested to buy one

I am more than interested in buying a custom grille too, but have not found anything nice...except for the Grille-Tech prototypes. I HATE the home depot stuff!

I swear, if someone would finally make these grilles, and a SEMA kit, they would be rich!!!

I'm guessing since the CL has been discontinued, companys dont want to invest in making ANYTHING for CLs. With all the aftermarket crap for mitsubishis, dodge neons, honda, and all those other lower end cars, you'd think the CL would have some, but there's nothing!!! No tail lights, grilles, lip kits, etc...it sucks. The TSX even has a bunch of aftermarket add-ons. I had to put the BMW M5 spoiler...love it though.

I'll just have to pay a bit more and have a true custom grille...one of a kind...i guess it's better than having something everyone else has.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:28 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
contack rondog, he is making a full line of upper grills for the cl. If this goes well he may also offer a lower grill.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Instructor

Not enough CL's to make it profitable.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:48 AM
FWD tuna boat

Originally Posted by allenn
Not enough CL's to make it profitable.
that's what i figured, but this website could really boost sales if it is a good product...just my opinion...
Old 10-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by andre
that's what i figured, but this website could really boost sales if it is a good product...just my opinion...
We already have a upper grille and we are currently working on a lower grille. Should be ready in a week.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Suzuka Master

What about the TSX and all the TL grilles?.... there were 3-5 people who went and got their cars measured for templates...

I am tired.... some many companies are just so dumb when it comes to making money... the demand was there. they dragged their feet for so long, that I am wiping my hands of it ever becoming a reality..

Get yourself a RonJon grille... he is not dumb, he likes to make money not sit there and wait...
Old 10-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Smitty
Get yourself a RonJon grille... he is not dumb, he likes to make money not sit there and wait...

I have a Ronjon Grille and it looks . Plus it totally replaces the grille so you can keep the stock as a spare and the customer service is top-notch.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387

I have a Ronjon Grille and it looks . Plus it totally replaces the grille so you can keep the stock as a spare and the customer service is top-notch.
Where can I get Ronjon, I wanna be as well.....
Old 10-22-2004, 03:34 PM
I NEED MONEY!

yeah, only thing about the ronjon is i dont have the money for is and i'm on a tight budget.... and the homedepot grille is ghetto... If i could get a grille for around 200 i would be very happy
Old 10-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bojangling
Where can I get Ronjon, I wanna be as well.....
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=157443&page=2

Originally Posted by VeeralS05
yeah, only thing about the ronjon is i dont have the money for is and i'm on a tight budget.... and the homedepot grille is ghetto... If i could get a grille for around 200 i would be very happy
You pay to play. The material alone is over $200 as its a whole grill, so the price is pretty good. The man needs to make a living, hes not gonna give this shit away just cause it seems like a lot of money to some. Hell, I'm on a tight budget as well, yet I bought one.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Homeless

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=157443&page=2

You pay to play. The material alone is over $200 as its a whole grill, so the price is pretty good.
I don't think so. You may want to do some more research on that statement partner.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by chris3240929
I don't think so. You may want to do some more research on that statement partner.

so true. http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org has the frame of our grill for around 40.00. hmmmm
Old 10-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ThinJim
so true. http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org has the frame of our grill for around 40.00. hmmmm
Its not just the frame. Its the whole inner grille as well. Your WHOLE GRILLE is replaced. Not just that little peice outside. The whole thing. Look at it again now. THat peice is 90+40+10(lip peice)+screws and bolts and then he needs to buy the mesh and then modiffy the grille. It comes out to close to $200 in parts. Its not that hard to understand.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:49 PM
I NEED MONEY!

what if i just wanted the inner piece thats made to fit our grille perfectly, instead of the whole thing... cause that homedepot stuff is hard to bend and shape correctly...plus the install on it is hard cause you have to cut up lil holes in the grille, trust me i tried and i gave up cause it looked like shit.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Originally Posted by bojangling
Where can I get Ronjon.....

I didn't know he was for sale.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Meat stick

Received 229 Likes on 97 Posts

PLEASE??
Old 10-22-2004, 11:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JaredGMS

PLEASE??

Not the greatest pics but everyone whos seen it like it a lot(those who know what it looked like before at least).
Old 10-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Homeless

It comes out to close to $200 in parts. Its not that hard to understand.
Easy there tiger, no need to get nasty. You want to spend the money, be our guest. If someone wants a different option, that doesn't make them a bad person.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor

well, the parts come out to over $240 alone, thats including the grille housing, the outer grille trim, the mesh, and all the screws and bolts add up too. Then the cutting, painting, assembling, shipping and love all add up, i mean, i was just doing it because I got so many PMs about it. They haven't been flying off the shelves, but Ive sold a few. Now if you want to modify your own grille, I wasn';t going to initially do it, but I am thinking about it now. Check out this thread and you will have all your questions answered. its $200 plus the shipping back, if you send me your grille. You can still drive around no problem, it'll just look a little funny. I would modify and ship back. I accept Paypal and credit card payments. and shipping back to you should take 1-3 days depending on how close you are to NY.

RonJon Grille Sale...

Old 10-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Easy there tiger, no need to get nasty. You want to spend the money, be our guest. If someone wants a different option, that doesn't make them a bad person.
You were the one saying that it wasn't that much money, and called me out on my numbers. And I have no problems with more options. Thats what makes this country great, we don't have to go to one person for a part, others can sell the same thing for what they want. Unfortunatley, right now besides comptech, not a lot of other companies have invested much time and effort as rondog has with RonJon to come out with products for the CL.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Homeless

You were the one saying that it wasn't that much money, and called me out on my numbers. And I have no problems with more options. Thats what makes this country great, we don't have to go to one person for a part, others can sell the same thing for what they want. Unfortunatley, right now besides comptech, not a lot of other companies have invested much time and effort as rondog has with RonJon to come out with products for the CL.
He is certainly allowed to make money & doesn't have to justify that. BUT he'd be out of business in a short time if he paid retail numbers for all those parts. I would think he's a bit smarter than that, etc.

As to the rest of your statement above, I agree. We need more options for the car(for all budgets), absolutely. I wish I had somewhere else to store the bodykits & grills> I'd buy in bulk & sell them myself.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor

He is certainly allowed to make money & doesn't have to justify that. BUT he'd be out of business in a short time if he paid retail numbers for all those parts. I would think he's a bit smarter than that, etc.

As to the rest of your statement above, I agree. We need more options for the car(for all budgets), absolutely. I wish I had somewhere else to store the bodykits & grills> I'd buy in bulk & sell them myself.
Well, actually, i am paying retail, since each grille is different. I can't stock the 01-02 housings, and 03s (since they are actually different parts) and the colors of the outer grilles come in over 10 colors. So I do get a small discount, but nothing significant, pretty much retail. If this does pick up, I would then buy in bulk, but when testing the market, I can't dive in head first and buy 12 grilles to get a discount. besides, alot of people complain that the CL doesn't get much products when those same people don't buy them when they are available. Can't base your sales on here say alone.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by rondog
besides, alot of people complain that the CL doesn't get much products when those same people don't buy them when they are available. Can't base your sales on here say alone.
Agreed. Look how long it took me to sell the 20 Versus kits, at well below retail.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:00 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by rondog
well, the parts come out to over $240 alone, thats including the grille housing, the outer grille trim, the mesh, and all the screws and bolts add up too. Then the cutting, painting, assembling, shipping and love all add up, i mean, i was just doing it because I got so many PMs about it. They haven't been flying off the shelves, but Ive sold a few. Now if you want to modify your own grille, I wasn';t going to initially do it, but I am thinking about it now. Check out this thread and you will have all your questions answered. its $200 plus the shipping back, if you send me your grille. You can still drive around no problem, it'll just look a little funny. I would modify and ship back. I accept Paypal and credit card payments. and shipping back to you should take 1-3 days depending on how close you are to NY.

RonJon Grille Sale...

wow...nice looking grilles
Old 10-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Pro

my ronjon grille is in the mail, cant wait!!!!