first speeding tix last night and need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 11:16 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude,
For your ticket under code & section what's the # did the cop wrote? and is there a letter A, B, or C after it?
The reason I asked to see if you can go to traffic school depends on this.
Your fine should be around $250.00-$400.00
You should tell your parent about this too.
Old 06-22-2001, 12:55 AM
I'm out of HELL!!!!

I'll be interested in hearing the actual fine for this ticket. On Long Island, 20 over will get you $75 + $25 court fees, if not more. This is 60 over, but in California.

Insurance is going to be your biggest problem if you can still drive. If your current carrier drops you, most other companies won't pick you up.

----

Changing topics....I normally wouldn't comment on things such as moomaster's post, but I feel the need. (Obviously this is my opinion only - though I think many will agree with me).

Your thinking is extremely flawed, moomaster. Yes, most things in this world are gray and not black and white...but do you seriously think that someone killed by a freak accident such as a tire blowout on a highway is just as much a victim as someone killed by an a$$ doing a drag race down a street?

While both are tragic and are hopefully avoided at all costs, one can definitely be prevented and one may not be.

It's funny..the burden of proof in these circumstances are opposite. For a tire blow out, the prosecution would have to prove that the tire was unsafe, under inflated, whatever it may be. However, in your case of drag racing, you are the defense and you are trying like hell to save your ass.

If you ask me, killing someone by drag racing should carry the same punishment as killing someone with a gun. Both are premediated.

So I ask, next time you decide to drag race, think first...is what I'm about to do dangerous for people other than myself? Clearly, the answer is yes.

Are you prepared to pay the consequences for something that might happen from drag racing? If you total your car, you chaulk that up to your own stupidity for racing in the first place. You kill someone, you're f**ked, period. Then at that point, will drag racing seem worthwhile..while you are sitting in jail wondering how you could have done something so stupid?

I realize most races end with no harm done and noone's comments will prevent you from racing in the future. But what will it take for you to stop? An "accident"?

Take it to the track and keep it there. Leave the rest of us out of your game.

Rob M.
Long Island, NY

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S. Satin silver, non-nav, #848
1997 Ford Probe (POST)
Old 06-22-2001, 01:11 AM
10th Gear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
last night around 2, my friends and i were trying to find the runs then we came across an empty road so my friend goes "lets see how fast you can go in a 1/4 mile" so i say ok, i floor it then a cop comes out of the cut and stops me. he said he let me off easy cuz he dint take me to juve, impound my car, it dint charge me for a misdemeanor for chirping. so he gave me an infraction for speeding so bascially a speeding tix for going 80 in a 25 zone. so what's going to happen to me? i'm 17 and need help. how do i do this without my mom finding out? how much will i be fined for? will i have to go to court? suspension of license? all of the above? a point on my dmv record? how long would the point last? can i do this without my mom noticing? will the insurance go up? this happened near great america in santa clara. someone please help me!!!!!! and what do i do? and what will probably happen?

what the hell are you talking about??? if it is your first ticket it doent matter... why would they arrest you? or impound your car? basially all your gonna be hit with is a big fine, yea your moms is gonan find out when the insurance notifies her that you got 4 points... fdamn kid, take a pill...
Old 06-22-2001, 01:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dancl01:

dude,
For your ticket under code & section what's the # did the cop wrote? and is there a letter A, B, or C after it?
The reason I asked to see if you can go to traffic school depends on this.
Your fine should be around $250.00-$400.00
You should tell your parent about this too.
</font>
on the tix, the cop wrote "22350 VC- Speeding"

------------------
thanx,
mr5parkle
Old 06-22-2001, 02:57 AM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mr5parkle:
on the tix, the cop wrote "22350 VC- Speeding"

</font>
kid,
have you told mum yet? And on you on your parents insurance. I bet most everyone in this forum would agree that when each of them had their first auto incident (tix/accident) they grudgingly told their folks. When I had an accident, my parents were just happy that I was okay. I actually had a second accident (clean for 9 yrs) 2 wks ago at 7am on a Sunday -- my parents didn't even ask why I was coming home at 7am until a day later. Later, my parents did bring up that fact though. If anybody is this forum can actually say that they've never had an incident -- hmm . . .

As for the ticket, your parents may hire a lawyer just to save their butt as well insurance wise. (I assume that your parents are fairly well-off as you don't have a "beater") Also, your parents will lecture you about the usual shit -- do pay attention. (I don't mean to sound old but around age 22 or so, we all realize that we aren't invincible. I actually just learned it 2 wks ago after my wreck. My parents were like at least you learned without hurting yourself.) And I stayed invincible until 25.

Anyway, cheer up! It could've been worse. (I know that doesn't help a whole lot but it *is* true.)
--Satya
Old 06-22-2001, 03:30 AM
I love my CL-S

80 in a 25 zone..you deserve a punishment,tell your mother about this first, and let she helps you. (since you are driving their car). Hope you will learn a valuable lesson from this..don't drive like an asshole (dangerous for YOURSELF AND OTHER PEOPLE)...You are only 17..

------------------
01 silver cl-s
AEM CAI red
Piaa 19169
Cannon winter floor mats
35% and 5% tint
Old 06-22-2001, 01:11 PM
Instructor

VC 22350 is a regular speeding tix. It's not a racing or a two point tix. You should be able to attend traffic school and your insurance will not go up. You don't need a freakin' lawyer , but for future ref spent some $$ and get a V1.
I'm not a lawyer or a cop, but I was in the same situation as you were right now.
Old 06-22-2001, 01:28 PM
Dub Driver

Good luck buddy

------------------
Sup !
Old 06-22-2001, 05:54 PM
Banned

I'm just going to shut up now before I get mad over nothing..

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter with Cold Air Funnel and Ram Air Attachment
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
Yes, I know I'm going to hell for wasting gas on Civics....
My Peoples
Old 06-22-2001, 05:57 PM
Intermediate

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moomaster_99:
I'm just going to shut up now before I get mad over nothing..
</font>
Good idea, bro. You were losing your mind on that last post. Editing it was the right move.

BTW, I live and work in San Jose... what about you?
Old 06-22-2001, 05:58 PM
- daemonichris -

well ONE thing's for sure, your mom has to know no matter what because you're a minor so she has to show up in court with you. chances are, i don't think you'll be able to fight such a big offense. i think the judge will probably suspend your license, but even if not, they'll probably put you on probation and your family should probably get ready to welcome the new, improved, and definitely HEFTIER premium from your insurance company.

i know how it is though, i'm 18 and i already had 2 speeding tickets. just watch your ass from now on.

------------------
Acura 3.2CL Type-S w/ Navigation
Black/Ebony

H&R Sport Springs | Pirelli P7000 Supersport 235/40ZR17 on stock rims | Neuspeed Tower Strut Bar | Custom CAI | Cleared Headlights, PIAA 19169 | Tint all around | Mesh Grill | Dual 12'' Alpine Type-S Subs | Kenwood KAC-728S Amp | RÄZO real carbon pedals
Old 06-22-2001, 06:02 PM
Banned

Live in the City and work in Palo Alto. Which company you working for?
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JATLIFE:
Good idea, bro. You were losing your mind on that last post. Editing it was the right move.

BTW, I live and work in San Jose... what about you?
</font>

------------------
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
My Peoples
Old 06-22-2001, 06:10 PM
Intermediate

Cadence Design Systems off Montague. Live in Silver Creek Area of SJ.
Old 06-22-2001, 06:20 PM
Banned

I see....

------------------
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
My Peoples
Old 06-22-2001, 08:35 PM
Advanced

There is a huge difference between going to a sanctioned, legal event, and having something happen to you as a victim of pure circumstance versus engaging in an illegal and dangerous speed contest. A sanctioned event takes precautions to protect everyone...drivers, crew people, and spectators. There are fences, guardrails, nets, etc. The crowd is kept at as safe a distance as possible so that they may still enjoy the race. The drivers aren't even allowed to compete without proper safety equipment (and for your information, most wouldn't if they could...they are smart enought to know what's at stake). Tell me what kind of precautions are taken for a street race to protect everyone involved? And one more thing...look at the back of the ticket to such an event. There are disclaimers everywhere. The sponsors know it's dangerous too, and by attending, you are consenting that something could happen. To even think of comparing the two is ludicrous.

Shit does happen, and on any given day you can get killed as an innocent victim of something. The idea is to do what you can to put the odds of survival as much in your favor as possible while still allowing yourself to enjoy life.

I will end this by simply saying that no, in this case what you say will not be right with me in any way simply because there is no justification whatsoever for an illegal act that puts people and property in unneccesary danger, and like it or not, I'm afraid that you'll always be on the losing end of any debate like this. But, it is your life and you are entitled to your opinions and beliefs as well. I just hope that those beliefs don't cost you dearly someday.

------------------
2001 CL Type S, Nighthawk Black, Parchment Interior, Non-Nav, Rear Wing, Tint
Old 07-24-2001, 02:59 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Hey dude,

So what happened in the end?
Old 07-24-2001, 03:45 AM
Burning Brakes

i got 1 point, 280 fine, and 30 suspension. how much you guys think my insurance will go up by?
Old 07-24-2001, 04:35 AM
Prostyle Owner

Originally posted by mr5parkle:
<STRONG>i got 1 point, 280 fine, and 30 suspension. how much you guys think my insurance will go up by?</STRONG>
I have to say congrats.... that is VERZY good for a 60 mph over limit ticket. Just be happy that cop was not a prick and give you a racing ticket or some other s*** like that. I have to say though that you got the easy end of the deal. Next time take your friend to the track or a desert you KNOW is completely clear and you are the only one there in a radius of 2 miles. At least you didn't hit anyone that was just going home from there kids soccer game.

How did your mom take it?

Later,
Dantes
Old 07-25-2001, 03:20 AM
Burning Brakes

she just said i pay for the tix, and see how the insurance diff will be
Old 07-25-2001, 03:31 AM
w.t.f., mate?

The ending to this "saga" was pretty lackluster.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:02 PM
Burning Brakes

lackluster?
Old 07-25-2001, 11:10 PM
Old timer

80 in a 25 isn't automatically nuts. There is at least one road I can think of near where I lived that I tended to do 75-ish on and it's posted at 25mph.

It's the ridiculous super-slow speed-designations that small, communist Maryland towns like to impose on drivers so you have to drive through their shitty little towns and backroads really slow so you don't run over their little bastard children that don't know any better than to run into the street and get killed.

Now the road I'm talking about where I could do 75-ish is just a backroad that's all wooded, not a street with houses on it. But there are a TON of roads in MD that are posted 25mph and should EASILY be 35mph, possibly 40mph. Fucking ridiculous. It's like they know they're in the shallow end of the gene pool and need to protect their negative-IQ children by punishing everyone else who is forced to drive through their area.

-J

Btw, this was all like eight years ago so none of it can convict me today.

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: JRock ]
Old 07-25-2001, 11:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 696 Likes on 538 Posts
Dumb ideot, driving 80mph in 25mph zone is dangerous
Old 07-25-2001, 11:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by JRock:...snip...snip...snip
<STRONG>
It's the ridiculous super-slow speed-designations that small, communist Maryland towns like to impose on drivers so you have to drive through their shitty little towns and backroads really slow so you don't run over their little bastard children that don't know any better than to run into the street and get killed.

....snip....snip....snip

-J

Btw, this was all like eight years ago so none of it can convict me today.

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: JRock ]</STRONG>
Yeah thats a terrible reason to lower limits. What spoil sports.
Old 07-26-2001, 01:00 AM
Old timer

Yeah, they should keep the little bastards out of the street.

-J
Old 07-26-2001, 04:07 AM
Burning Brakes

keep the little basterds out of the street? are you referring to me?
Old 07-26-2001, 11:13 AM
Burning Brakes

<STRONG>keep the little basterds out of the street? are you referring to me?</STRONG>
WooT. Heh heh. Although one truly never know do one, I'd feel confident that with Jrock's obvious deep level of compassion
he was not refering to mr5.
Old 07-26-2001, 11:44 AM
pumpkin escobar

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
<STRONG>last night around 2, my friends and i were trying to find the runs then we came across an empty road so my friend goes "lets see how fast you can go in a 1/4 mile" so i say ok, i floor it then a cop comes out of the cut and stops me. he said he let me off easy cuz he dint take me to juve, impound my car, it dint charge me for a misdemeanor for chirping. so he gave me an infraction for speeding so bascially a speeding tix for going 80 in a 25 zone. so what's going to happen to me? i'm 17 and need help. how do i do this without my mom finding out? how much will i be fined for? will i have to go to court? suspension of license? all of the above? a point on my dmv record? how long would the point last? can i do this without my mom noticing? will the insurance go up? this happened near great america in santa clara. someone please help me!!!!!! and what do i do? and what will probably happen?

</STRONG>
see, this is the kind of crap i'm talking about. you go 80 in a 25, all you get is an infraction of speeding. i go 80 in 55 and i got a reckless driving ticket. i guess your cop was cool and mine was a straight dickhead. i was even polite to him, but he wouldn't budge. what state are you in? i'm in VA. i'm so fucking pissed, this is my first ticket and i'm 24 and i've been driving since i was 16. it seems like everyone else gets off of shit way worst than mine, but i get fuct. anyways, just wanted to vent my anger, thats all. maybe my skin is my sin. i wouldnt doubt it here in VA.
Old 07-27-2001, 01:07 AM
Burning Brakes

i live in san jose in cali
Old 07-27-2001, 09:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 6,896 Likes on 3,502 Posts
mfnlaw is absolutely correct-you can't hire a lawyer, you're too young. Second, recently she said it is amazing all of illegal (yes, speeding is illegal) activity that is supported on this bb, which again, is true. Has anyone else but me noticed the postings getting the most attention are those that ask for support for the most ridiculous things (leaving the scene, drunk/reckless, etc.)? Yeah we all do ( I think) stupid things when we are/were young, but c'mon, take your punishment when you deserve it instead of trying to weasel out of it!! Sorry ladies and gents, but just my .02 cents worth.
Old 07-27-2001, 05:35 PM
w.t.f., mate?

<STRONG>lackluster?</STRONG>
yeah...it would've been more exciting if you were hauled off to a salt-mining work/torture camp in the middle of Pakistan and your car converted into a Clown-mobile but oh well.
Old 07-27-2001, 07:45 PM
10th Gear

tell the judge that you didn't know that you couldn't do that And that you were not caught for driving fast but for DWA! Driving While Asian