It finally happened to me... SO SADDD

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 01:19 AM
I8URV8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just crossed into 30k miles and it started going on me today...going to acura tomorrow...anyone have a guess as to how long it should take??
Old 08-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 01CLKID
i just crossed into 30k miles and it started going on me today...going to acura tomorrow...anyone have a guess as to how long it should take??
Im getting my car back today and i dropped it off on tuesday. It takes about a week.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pits200
It should go based on years and not on miles. I travel on the highways every week, I am anal as hell about my tire pressure, oil levels, etc etc. If something happened and my car downshifted to 2nd gear while I was going 80mph, no lie, I will drive myself to Honda America in my rental car and drag someone out of the office and give them a piece of my mind.
What really worries me is that Acura keeps replacing the trannies with the same faulty design and they are putting us in danger. They know very well that a lot of trannies keep failing. Are they waiting for someone to die to take this problem seriously?
Paying for a new transmission = 5000 dollars
A life lost on the freeway = PRICELESS!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
juruki:
Honda Motor company announced an 80 million dollar recall as they decided this route, rather than to "redesign" the tranny thus cheaper....They have deep pockets and BIG TIME LAWYERS waiting to challenge anyone.....don't bother as you would go broke trying to sue HMC.....
Either keep the car and take the risk or get rid of it.....
Old 08-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Fabvsix
juruki:
Honda Motor company announced an 80 million dollar recall as they decided this route, rather than to "redesign" the tranny thus cheaper....They have deep pockets and BIG TIME LAWYERS waiting to challenge anyone.....don't bother as you would go broke trying to sue HMC.....
Either keep the car and take the risk or get rid of it.....
I know i wont stand a chance against HMC alone, but what if we all tried? Im just being optimistic here.
Anywayz i just talked to the dealership to see if i could get a new warranty for the new tranny and they told me they cant do that. I read that some people got 12k, 36k and 50k extra warranty if they were close to the 100k original warranty (like me). I talked to honda customer care and they told me the same thing. I basically have to wait until it fails again to do something about it...
Did any of u guys get an extended warranty for free after your tranny died?
Old 08-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
So what good is an extended warranty when you could be seriouly injured if not killed?????? I got an extended warranty. It's called a 2004 Acura RL.......LOL

Potential buyers should do their homework as this and other sites offer tremendous FREE information about the tranny woes on this model and others.....
Old 08-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Update

I got my car back today but didnt get the chance to floor it during the day. Just now I was driving back home and i went WOT on the freeway on ramp. The car shifts to second way before redline!!! Whats up with this? I can get it to 7200 gateshifting but on D5 it will shift at around 6600-6750 (this only happens in 2nd gear).
Any ideas? I dont wanna drop my car off at the dealership again.....
Old 08-15-2006, 09:07 AM
A clean ride is in

OK guys, 1st of all great thread. I'm getting pretty close to 100K, and I plan on keeping the car for a while. I am on the original tranny and as far as I can tell, it's never had the oil jet kit. It's starting to act a little weird around 2nd and 3rd but no lights have come on. Should I still take it to Acura and have them install the oil jet kit? Will that cost me??
Old 08-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Got DEP???

Originally Posted by juruki
Im getting my car back today and i dropped it off on tuesday. It takes about a week.
I have had my tranny replaced twice already, and both times it was ony 2 days
Old 08-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Got DEP???

Originally Posted by treyster
OK guys, 1st of all great thread. I'm getting pretty close to 100K, and I plan on keeping the car for a while. I am on the original tranny and as far as I can tell, it's never had the oil jet kit. It's starting to act a little weird around 2nd and 3rd but no lights have come on. Should I still take it to Acura and have them install the oil jet kit? Will that cost me??
I had my last transmission replaced at 98,850 miles.
If you are having some kind of slipage between 2nd and 3rd, I sugest you start driving it hard by shifting it hard between 2nd and 3rd (not using the sport shifter, but by using hte actual gear selections). One of my Marines had an 02 CLS and he did the same thing once he found out about recall.
Acura replaces them with no questions asked... They just have to be able to replicate the slipage (or whatever the problem is).
After my first replacment, my new (refurbished) tranny would make a whining (low toned) noise that reminded me of the diifferential in my Mustang when its differential was going. Acura confirmed the low noise (most people I know never realized it unless I said something about it) and replaced the tranny no questions asked.

A little question: I see that some people are taling about the Honda dealership... Of course I know Acura is made by Honda, but up here I can't even have Honda look up part numbers for me. I have to go the distance to an Aura dealership. So, my question is: does any actually get work done at a Honda dealership instead of Acura???
Old 08-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Dealer made my car slower (changed shift points)

I thought it was weird that my car was shifting at 6500 rpm and tried going WOT again this morning. It shifted at 6500 on first gear and 6500 on second but i had to stop because there were cars ahead of me.
I called the dealership and they told me they reprogamed my ECU to change shiftpoints. I started telling him that i wanted my car the way it was before but he told me he made my car SAFE to drive and that there was nothing he could do about it. This is kind of how it went
Dealer: why do you want your car to get to 7000rpm?
Me: I go to the 1/4 mile with my friends and i bought this car because it was decently fast
Dealer: Well your car is not a race car. By going to the tracks you are abusing your car and making the transmission fail.
Me: that doesnt make any sense, theres people that drive their cars like grandma's and their trannys still fail.
Dealer: Well there's nothing we can do for you, we made the car SAFER to drive.

I WANT MY CAR THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE. I think its not fair they are reprogramming my ecu because their transmissions suck.
Has this happened to any of you guys???
Old 08-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
From what people have said, the simple answer is.... Yes, I think the shift points are different when people get their trannies replaced. My car will get nowhere near 7K RPMS
Old 08-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pits200
From what people have said, the simple answer is.... Yes, I think the shift points are different when people get their trannies replaced. My car will get nowhere near 7K RPMS
Is that legal??? To change something in your car without your permission? I bought the car because i liked its performance and its luxury. Changing the shift points will affect my performance and its not the same thing anymore...
Old 08-16-2006, 01:19 AM
yay! for SRS xtension

its amazing how they let us take the hits for thier crap - do CL-s trannies go out more often compared to the slower, differently tuned models that use the same AUTOV6. or did they just build that model tranny out of glass. ALSO those early off the press models in 2000(CL), do those hold up any differently than the rest?..