finally got tinted

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 08:59 AM
I shave my change purse

Received 155 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by 9D7Ack
nice....how is seeing out of those at nite.....hard?
Its ok, took a few nights to get used to.

The first night I felt blind when trying to squeeze into a parking backwards at the mall..lol

I had to open my door a bit to look back (my tints were still wet.)

I'm better now though
Old 06-11-2004, 09:00 AM
I shave my change purse

Received 155 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Dem1K
looks great man...I agree w/ Marc S, shoulda gone with 5% eheh...that's what I did. Either way, it really compliments the silver CL's very nicely. The 03 exhuast is a nice touch as well!
Thanks alot

5% would have been way to dark for me IMO

The 20% I have now is dark enough to deal with lol

I'm just waiting to get pulled over. :o
Old 06-11-2004, 09:06 AM
drop em like its hot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey will, nice tints

yeah man, nassau cops generally dont give a shit bout tints, but nypd are a bunch of cocksuckers... they'll keep giving you crap bout those tints. those $60 dollar fines really add up
Old 06-23-2004, 07:24 PM
01- cl-s sundance gold

Tint looks good so does the car, nice and clean. I paid $200 for my tint (20 % on the back and side windows and 35% on the front) It's getting done for the 3rd time this Saturday.The front windows keep getting dust in them but on a postive note the back window came out great. Once piece, covering the tailight and the dot matrix.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:05 PM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverCL225hp
As far as the look, it is very good. But it is not good to tint the front windshield actually.
Explain, because if you've never had it done you dont know wtf you're talking about. Tinting the windshield is fine, as long as it's like 50%.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:18 PM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
Thanks alot

5% would have been way to dark for me IMO

The 20% I have now is dark enough to deal with lol

I'm just waiting to get pulled over. :o

I used to have a TA with 5% on top of 20% on the back window, and 5% the rest of the way around. It was Ya, I got hassled by the cops, but it was worth it. I could still see, just took some time to get used to it.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:51 AM
Instructor

Damn.. is it that much more expensive to get tint done up north.... I'm in north alabama and it was only $100 for the side and back 20% w/ a lifetime warranty! no taking the seats out and it only took him about an hour...
Old 06-26-2004, 11:35 AM
My Work is Done Here

Originally Posted by jtkz13
Explain, because if you've never had it done you dont know wtf you're talking about. Tinting the windshield is fine, as long as it's like 50%.

When people talk about tinting the front windshield, they are most likely talking about the strip accross the top. You can't tint the whole window. There is a little mark in one of the top corners of the windshield - about 6 inches down - it says "AS 1" or something like that. It marks where your tint can come down to on the front (in most states). I had it done on my old TA, got hassled a few times because it came down a little further, but just a few warnings. So when someone talks about tinting the windshiled, they are most likely not talking about the entire window.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:53 PM
goldeneye style

Originally Posted by ccannizz11
When people talk about tinting the front windshield, they are most likely talking about the strip accross the top. You can't tint the whole window. There is a little mark in one of the top corners of the windshield - about 6 inches down - it says "AS 1" or something like that. It marks where your tint can come down to on the front (in most states). I had it done on my old TA, got hassled a few times because it came down a little further, but just a few warnings. So when someone talks about tinting the windshiled, they are most likely not talking about the entire window.
yes this is true usually ppl just tint the very top of the windshield (or it comes factory tinted that way). HOWEVER, i know and have seen a good number of people who have tinted the entire front windshield 50% and even one guy who did 35% on the entire windshield so ppl have done the entire windshield before. its not the smartest thing to do, especially for visibility at night, but ive seen it numerous times.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:10 PM
My Work is Done Here

Originally Posted by moonraker
yes this is true usually ppl just tint the very top of the windshield (or it comes factory tinted that way). HOWEVER, i know and have seen a good number of people who have tinted the entire front windshield 50% and even one guy who did 35% on the entire windshield so ppl have done the entire windshield before. its not the smartest thing to do, especially for visibility at night, but ive seen it numerous times.

Where the hell did they find a guy that would be stupid enough to do that tint job? Every guy I've ever known that does tints will tint as dark as you want, but I've never known a guy that would tint someone's enitre front windshield. I guess if you pay someone enough
Old 06-26-2004, 08:14 PM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey tint nOObs, dont speaketh of what you dont knoweth.

I had my ENTIRE WINSHIELD tinted 50% in my taurus and it fuckin rocked. NO headlight glare at night, NO snow glare during the winter, and NO dash glare onto the glass. I would probably not recommend 35% but LOTS of people tint the windshield.

I personally have an eye disorder that allows me to legally tint as much as I want, and I for sure will be tinting the windshield of my CL-S and Mustang very soon.

BTW tint imo looks hella when the windshield isnt done. The glass looks blue comapred to the rest of the windows. Here's a pic of my windshield done at 50%.