FCUK!!!! I got a ticket!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 10:15 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
FCUK!!!! I got a ticket!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNN!!! I got a ticket for goin 85 in a 55, and that is what he clocked me at. Shit. WTF. I think i was goin like 95 before we made i contact. I can't even be pissed. He caught me redhanded. I didnt even try to make up an excuse. Any idea how i can weasel out of this in wonderful Cook County IL? oh man i need a radar detector...

what did ken steel say once, its like buying a condom after gettin the chick pregnant?
Old 09-05-2002, 10:56 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
You don't get out of anything in Cook County
Old 09-06-2002, 12:24 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: FCUK!!!! I got a ticket!!

Originally posted by Loseit
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNN!!! I got a ticket for goin 85 in a 55, and that is what he clocked me at. Shit. WTF. I think i was goin like 95 before we made i contact. I can't even be pissed. He caught me redhanded. I didnt even try to make up an excuse. Any idea how i can weasel out of this in wonderful Cook County IL? oh man i need a radar detector...

what did ken steel say once, its like buying a condom after gettin the chick pregnant?
Did I say that?

Ouch, sorry to hear about the tix. It's never too late to get a radar detector, your future savings are at stake here. May I suggest the V1? :P
Old 09-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

i need a V1!! but no $$$
Old 09-06-2002, 08:22 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Nicky, how much is this ticket and can I get supervision...basically i dont want it to go on my record!!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's what you do

A couple of options here:

(1) Extend it as much as you can... and then 6 months down the road, hope the officer doesn't show up in court
(2) Get a lawyer and you'll probably get traffic school even though its 25 over the limit
(3) Pay the fine, but add a little more to the check. Say, the fine is $300, pay $310. The court cannot completely process the ticket (and send the DMV info) until the ticket is completely closed, meaning they have to issue you a refund for $10. NEVER cash that $10 and the loop doesn't get closed and the DMV doesn't hear about your point.

All three options above have worked for me in the past...

Good luck!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:39 AM
:)

i've gotten pulled over 3 times in the past year or so... The first 2 tickets i did absolutely nothing... i did not pay them, and actually never got the courtesy notice, so i just didnt worry about it. I figure if there was something on my record, it would have showed the 3rd time i was pulled over, but it didnt.. i probably have a warrant out for my arrest now....
Old 09-06-2002, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Here's what you do

Originally posted by allmotor_2000

(1) Extend it as much as you can... and then 6 months down the road, hope the officer doesn't show up in court
(2) Get a lawyer and you'll probably get traffic school even though its 25 over the limit
(3) Pay the fine, but add a little more to the check. Say, the fine is $300, pay $310. The court cannot completely process the ticket (and send the DMV info) until the ticket is completely closed, meaning they have to issue you a refund for $10. NEVER cash that $10 and the loop doesn't get closed and the DMV doesn't hear about your point.

Good luck!
Does number 3 really work, do you actually have experience with this personally?
i have read that all dmv's are onto this
Old 09-06-2002, 07:56 PM
Race Director

Good luck!
Dude, you were doing pretty good till I got to number #3. That's where you lost me...it almost looks like you copied and pasted that crap.

Stop giving out stupid urban legend bad advice that you've obviously never done that would only make our good members look like idiots for reading and obeying that sh*t; we've heard those rumors probably long before you even started to drive! You're spewing the same BS I heard about way back in the late 80's. :angry:

Trust me it doesn't work and you'll be stupid to try it. No one has done it and no one can proved they've done it, no need to ask him.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:11 PM
Safety Car

Eh?

Dude.

Listen up here. I don't know if (3) works now. The fact is that I have been pulled over (during my college years) about 100 times and gotten about 50 tickets. Of these, I have had reckless driving, engaging in a speed contest (23109a) and what-not. I
never got my license suspended, nor had more than 3 points at any time. It has also been clean for the past 3 years, even though I have gotten a few tickets.

It worked when I did it... can't say it works now. BTW, college was from 93 to 97, so its not in the fcukin' 80's - however old your
ass is! I apologize for the insult, but don't judge me when you don't know me!

You can also call Mitch Mehdy (aka Mr. Ticket) down in El Cajon (near San Diego). Give him $50 and you'll be surprised at what he can do with the district attorney's office.

Maybe you think I am BS'ing, but then again, that's your perogative.

It's just life man. We used to street race 5 nights a week back then... trust me, you get pulled over for hanging your tassle on the rear-view mirror!

Enjoy!
Old 09-06-2002, 10:52 PM
The Quite One

Re: Re: Here's what you do

Originally posted by kensteele
Dude, you were doing pretty good till I got to number #3. That's where you lost me...it almost looks like you copied and pasted that crap.

Stop giving out stupid urban legend bad advice that you've obviously never done that would only make our good members look like idiots for reading and obeying that sh*t; we've heard those rumors probably long before you even started to drive! You're spewing the same BS I heard about way back in the late 80's. :angry:

Trust me it doesn't work and you'll be stupid to try it. No one has done it and no one can proved they've done it, no need to ask him.
Kensteele is right! It doesn't work!!! I have work with many cities, counties, and state governments and even if you pay more they still put the points on your license. The reason that you don't see higer insurance rates, is because most insurance companies have been very busy and they don't have time to run everybodys drive record! Most insurance companies only check it when to have a claim. That is so they can make there money back!

Matthew
Old 09-06-2002, 11:11 PM
Race Director

Re: Eh?

Dude.

Listen up here. I don't know if (3) works now. The fact is that I have been pulled over (during my college years) about 100 times and gotten about 50 tickets. Of these, I have had reckless driving, engaging in a speed contest (23109a) and what-not. I
never got my license suspended, nor had more than 3 points at any time. It has also been clean for the past 3 years, even though I have gotten a few tickets.

It worked when I did it... can't say it works now. BTW, college was from 93 to 97, so its not in the fcukin' 80's - however old your
ass is! I apologize for the insult, but don't judge me when you don't know me!

You can also call Mitch Mehdy (aka Mr. Ticket) down in El Cajon (near San Diego). Give him $50 and you'll be surprised at what he can do with the district attorney's office.

Maybe you think I am BS'ing, but then again, that's your perogative.

It's just life man. We used to street race 5 nights a week back then... trust me, you get pulled over for hanging your tassle on the rear-view mirror!

Enjoy!
Ok, whatever. Read this: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blpoints.htm
Old 09-06-2002, 11:34 PM
Go Gators

I was traveling I-20 east from B'ham, AL to Atlanta, GA and got a speeding ticket. I was very thankful though...it was 95 in a 65....before that I had been traveling between 110-120 most of the way. I had a radar detector but it was no V1....it didn't even beep once when I crossed the GA state line.

Me thinks I really need to save the cash and get a V1. I had a full car load (5 people...yeah, 1 too many). The person in the middle was sitting up so high, I couldn't see out the rear window. I think the cop was following me for a while cuz he looked really pissed at me. He didn't even give me a chance to say anything. COUNT THAT AS $150.00 down the drain. Thats a little more than a third of a V1 wasted!

Oscar
'03 CL
Old 09-07-2002, 12:45 AM
duy
Racer

Trial by Declaration

I'm not sure if you have it there, but in Cali instead of going to court to fight the ticket you can write an "essay" stating your side of the story then submit it to the court. The officer will write his part and turn it in and the judge will read both and make his verdict. Most of the time the cop will not write anything and you will win. My brother has been a CHP for 12 years and he has never responded to any. That's how I won my last 2 speeding tickets.
Old 09-07-2002, 12:55 AM
puhaha

Originally posted by duy
Trial by Declaration

I'm not sure if you have it there, but in Cali instead of going to court to fight the ticket you can write an "essay" stating your side of the story then submit it to the court. The officer will write his part and turn it in and the judge will read both and make his verdict. Most of the time the cop will not write anything and you will win. My brother has been a CHP for 12 years and he has never responded to any. That's how I won my last 2 speeding tickets.
dude, if that's true. I should do that. I have a court date in Oct. 2nd for 31mph over
Old 09-07-2002, 02:21 AM
Safety Car

Well.... what can I say?

I am the idiot... I apologize. You are right...!!

Topic over.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:43 PM
Semper Fi

You know, it seems pretty simple to me.

If you speed a lot, you are going to get caught once in a while.

If that's not ok, don't speed.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:57 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

woah, Lester-leptiin with some deep insight here!!
Old 09-07-2002, 06:06 PM
usc
Racer

Originally posted by duy
Trial by Declaration
Well, according to my sister's boyfriend, this is a decent route to take. He's gotten a number of tickets over the years and have been able to squirm his way out of them using the trial-by-declaration method.

With that said, HOWEVER, this very last ticket he got earlier this summer, it didn't work for him and he just finished traffic school a few weekends ago. The odds are probably in your favor going this route (if it's available to you), but it's not a 100% success rate.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:12 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The ticket should be $135.......and if you don't want it on your record, you have to go to traffic school
Old 09-07-2002, 06:18 PM
Banned

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi..._effects.shtml

your answer
Old 09-07-2002, 07:38 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Originally posted by oce01acura32cl
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi..._effects.shtml

your answer
Thanks!! its all so clear now !! hahahah!! Shit, ill be goin like 25 under the speedlimit then!!
Old 09-08-2002, 06:58 PM
Subie Dubie

V1 is awesome, but it won't save you all the time, like pacing or airplanes. But i wouldn't be without it.
Old 09-08-2002, 08:35 PM
Semper Fi

Originally posted by Loseit
woah, Lester-leptiin with some deep insight here!!
What? Sarcasm on *this* forum? What's the world coming to?

So, you think that my "deep insight" is really well-understood stuff? Is that right? Then, how come so many of our forum members insist on whining when they get a ticket?
Old 09-09-2002, 02:45 PM
Advanced

[QUOTE]Originally posted by allmotor_2000
[B]A couple of options here:

Are you sure this works?? I'm an atty and every time there is an open case, I get nastygrams from the Ct clerk telling me to pay/get the refund/ etc. Maybe I oughta start practicing in Woodland Hills!!
Old 09-09-2002, 02:58 PM
One Bad Mutha

Location: From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
Hey duy,

Does that Trial by Declaration shit really work, I got a ticket in Claremont, No way would I ever go to the Pomona courthose, straight up ghetttttttto! I would flee the country before I stepped into that place or even the DMV in Pomona. I just called and requested the Trial by Decalration method, I will let you know if it worked, I already went traffic school in Jan, so thats out of the question. Peace