ESM green wire, which is map sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006 | 12:48 AM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

ESM green wire, which is map sensor?

I have a 02 TLS with the CT SC. I have removed the emanage temporarily and need to connect the esm back up. I know that 3 of the 4 wires go to the third plug (C) in the ECU. Which wire is the map sensor wire that connects to the green wire? I know its on the first plug (A). Im thinking its the brown/yellow but not sure. Someone please check in helms or help if you installed this unit! Thanks
Old 01-10-2006 | 09:29 AM
Advanced

good question man. I have to call comptech today about that same thing. If you don't find out today. I'll pm you as soon as i find out. The instructions say: green/red for the blue signal wire and green/red for the green signal wire (like it's the same wire) but i wouldn't think that would be right?
Old 01-10-2006 | 12:00 PM
Advanced

Comptech have the installation instructions on their website
Old 01-10-2006 | 07:10 PM

their installation instructions, though updated and much better than before, still does not say which wire is the map sensor coming into the ecu. It explains the other 3 wires color and pin #, but it doesnt say where to find the map sensor wire.
I believe its also on the first plug and they mention that you are tapping wires in only one plug, not the case for our cars!
I know someone can answer this!
Old 01-10-2006 | 10:49 PM

oops, look like i said green wire in the title, i meant the blue one
Old 01-11-2006 | 07:38 AM
Advanced

here's the deal with the E.S.M. i called Comptech last night. Everything is on the same plug (C). Cut the Green/red wire. This wire goes from ECU to the map sensor. When you cut it, solder the blue wire (from ESM) to the part that goes out to the map sensor. Solder the Green wire (from ESM) to part that goes in to ECU. Solder the black wire to the green/white wire and red to the yellow/red wire. then put it back together turn key to "on". Put a multimeter in the + and - holes in the ESM, and adjust so the ESM reads 2.84 volts. For wire locations on ESM go to: http://www.comptechusa.com, then install and download ESM instructions. Easy though, I did it last night.
Old 01-16-2006 | 06:48 PM

Answer to Misfires UPDATE!

This will be helpful for others should they experience any problems. After finding out that the coil packs are not the problem, the last two things to blame was the emanage and injectors.
Since removing the emanage is a cinch, i did that and the car immediately ran a little better. I finally got the esm back on and the car was running like shit. After putting on new connectors, and setting the voltage with a digital multimeter, i thought i would be good to go. That allowed for boost but there was hesitation still, something not right.
Checked the wiring and the map wire connectors werent seated properly. I tightened up the connection and the car boosted for a little while. So now i was boosting fine but engine was still not running right, felt like it did with the emanage.
I came home and directly soldered esm map (green) wire to the harness. This SOLVED everything!
The car boosts without any hesitation. I still need to solder the blue, but am holding off because emanage is going back in if misfires dont return. When i had the misfires the car was as slow as NA. Now i dont have a 1st gear anymore so it should be fine from here on. The problem was the connection of the map sensor wire then. I will connect up the emanage again in a week and will post updates then as well.
CONCLUSION: If you are installing an esm or removing one, the most important thing is to solder the map wire. The red and black are just + and - , they 'borrow' power and ground. The map wire is MUCH more sensitive to any resistance so soldering is the only way to go!
Old 01-16-2006 | 06:50 PM

the interesting thing is that i ran the esm for over 6 months without any problems, without soldering any connection!