EBC Sport Rotors Slotted & Dimpled. What Pads?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBC Sport Rotors Slotted & Dimpled. What Pads?

Its that time to change out the brakes. I have been all around the site, and others trying to figure out what exactly I'm going to do about my brakes. I was looking at rotors from Rotor Pros, EBC, Rotora, Brembo, Racing Brake, & Stoptech. out of the 6 rotors I've settled on the EBC Sport Rotors Slotted/Dimpled. They look great, the price is right, and most importantly from everything I've read they perform and hold up great.

Here's where I can't make up my mind. What pads to I get with them. I figured I would go with the EBC Green Stuff, but then while I was researching I came across a common theme. The green stuff pads are kinda sketchy in cold weather until you get them heated up. I live in New England and this is a daily driver year round for me. So I don't know about them.

From what I read Hawk Pads can start digging grooves into the rotors?

I know rotors and Pads have been done to death. But I did my research, I've used the search button for about a month now. I need to get my brakes done up soon. Help me out. what do you think. What would you suggest as a good match with the EBC Sport Rotors?

Hawk
EBC (which color)
Rotora
Akebono
Axxis
Old 06-18-2009, 03:59 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EBC Green I think is what people have found to be good pads.

Currently, I have Posi Quiet Pads...been great for me thus far.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:46 AM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
ive had those rotors and hawk performance street pads. the rotors didnt hold up to my abuse as i thought. they are warped like crazy now and have heat cracks in them now. they pads are great, exceeded my expectations.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 AM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
How much are the EBC rotors going for? I'm due.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Instructor

169 front, 136 rear @ placeforbrakes.com they do free ground shipping.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

AdaptiveOnes - hybrid pads
Old 06-24-2009, 02:58 PM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Performance Friction. Great stopping power and a lifetime warranty. Used them on previous cars. Buy 2 sets. When one wears you put the new ones on and then bring in the old ones and they give you a new set.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I just had the same rotors installed this past weekend, along with Goodridge SS brake lines and EBC redstuff pads. It's still too early to tell, but so far, great braking. The slotted/dimpled rotors make kinds a swooshing, almost scraping noise as they pass the pads. I've read that's typical of slotted/dimpled or slotted/cross-drilled rotors.

The redstuff pads, coupled with the SS lines give a really firm pedal. It takes some getting used to, especially after being OEM for so long.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:16 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had EBC dimpled and slotted w/greenstuff pads in the past and they where by far the best combo i had on this car. I have greenstuff pads laying around and am gonna buy those rotors (i was outbid on them on tuesday on ebay I should have just bought is now for $119, 1 person bid on them and they where $41.00 so i bid the last second up to $86.99 and that dude beat me he prob proxy bidded to $100 oh well)
That price u got was GREAT.
The only bad thing I heard bout dimpled and slotted rotors is you should not cut them.
I need rotors ASAP last time i did my fronts and bought what they had at pep-boys with the best cermaic pads they carreid and the rotors where still like $80 each and they suck big u know what..they warped all-ready after 6 months everytime i break hard you feel the pedal vibrating and hear it!! SUX.. you should also bleed your fluid and use castrol gtlma i belive thats what it is called, worked wonders on the feel of the pedal..
make sure u bleed in order FRD FRP RP RD.. and u are set!
Old 06-24-2009, 03:26 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
WOW that have REAL good prices on placeforbrakes.com

What do u guys think of DBA Gold street series or there street series..
I think DBA are all made down under and all I read is GREAT reviews on these rotors!

There 4000 series is $100 more then the EBC's but there street series is $50 more..
Has anyone tried these on there CL-S..

Our cars EAT up front rotors I remember when I first got this car everyone was going to the dlr to get there rotors turned becus they ate them soo quick..so have any of you dudes ever tried DBA rotors on the CL?
Old 06-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Instructor

So I just placed the order 2 days ago with placeforbrakes.com

I ended up getting the EBC Sport Rotors, Dimpled/Slotted with the Akebono
Street Performance Ceramic Pads. Read a lot of good things about them. From what I read, they seem to have good life, low dust, and excelent stopping power. I'm really happy so far, now I just have to wait and see how they actually turn out.

$449 was the total with for rotors & pads shipped. not bad pricing at all.

I need to order some brake lines now. I think Im going to order the XLR8 Brake lines from Josh. I think their $125 for all four lines. I'm not sure, but thats what i'm thinking it was. I know the SS Clutchline is only $25, so I'll order the brake lines and clutch line together.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightpoison
So I just placed the order 2 days ago with placeforbrakes.com

I ended up getting the EBC Sport Rotors, Dimpled/Slotted with the Akebono
Street Performance Ceramic Pads. Read a lot of good things about them. From what I read, they seem to have good life, low dust, and excelent stopping power. I'm really happy so far, now I just have to wait and see how they actually turn out.

$449 was the total with for rotors & pads shipped. not bad pricing at all.

I need to order some brake lines now. I think Im going to order the XLR8 Brake lines from Josh. I think their $125 for all four lines. I'm not sure, but thats what i'm thinking it was. I know the SS Clutchline is only $25, so I'll order the brake lines and clutch line together.
Those are great prices. I paid $485 for the EBC D/S Sport rotors and Redstuff pads, $150 for the SS brake lines and $120 for install, $755 total.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Instructor

Just ordered the Brake Lines and Clutch line. I was a little off on pricing. I picked up all 4 brake lines and clutch line shipped for $134. their XLR8 products, so I know their solid products an its a great price.

I can't wait to get my rotors and pads, so i cant get them installed. What brake fluid should I go with?
Old 06-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,182 Likes on 4,827 Posts
Dot 3 or 4.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:13 PM
B A N N E D

GTLMA Castrol Brake fluid is the best stuff other then that racing fluid like motul