East Bay CL owners........

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002 | 07:14 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

East Bay CL owners........

Someone on this board lives in Tracy and goes to Acura of Pleasanton. We have exchanged emails etc......Do you know Steve Hinton ? Is he to be trusted ?

Dropped my CLS today for the following:

2nd time pulsating in brakes, replace bottom portion of drivers seat due to tear in leather, squeaking sun roof, replace dash board panel under steering wheel, check all service bullentions, and check the NOTORIOUS transmission fluid that it is pink and heathly !

4:30 verdict:
Re-surface rotors again, claim there is plenty of meat on Rotors. Re-place pads with NEW ones. Ordered new botton leather piece for drivers seat-contract that work out to leather shop......

Loaner: POS Ford Tarus

Car should be ready Friday coming.......

Price: unknown at this time.....
Old 06-19-2002 | 07:15 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

BTW: My dealership has a 2002 NSX T Black on Black......fooken gorgeous !
Sticker price: $89,000.00
Old 06-19-2002 | 07:49 PM
Instructor

Hey there

I love Acura at pleasanton. they are great.

I do all my work over there......oil change.....Maintance.....etc. but no major work yet (hopefully never have to)

Don't know Steve......i alway deal with a guy name bob or something.....if you want i can try to look for his busniess card.

BTW can anyone suggest a place to do modification in the area?
I want to lower my car (comptect).....also should i ordered the spring now and bring it the shop and have the shop order it?
Old 06-19-2002 | 07:57 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

I had them install my comptec sways for a "piece of mind".......So far they are good, but I deal with the gal there: Jamie, who was off today. I've never dealt with Steve. That was my question. I don't know a Bob at that dealership........Keep us posted !
Old 06-19-2002 | 08:10 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

umm Steve Hinton is one of the service advisors at pleasanton acura

i even saw him yesterday @ acura
Old 06-19-2002 | 08:12 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

there are 3 service advisors there

Steve Hinton
Dave Bible
and Jamie

Vince is the service manager

:P
Old 06-19-2002 | 11:38 PM
Instructor

If memory serves me right, Steve is the only one that's half way decent. Dave Bible, has no clue. Terrible customer service. Story is to long to tell. Jamie is ok. Though I think she lied to me last time I brought the car in. Sort of blew me off when I asked if they checked the transmission like I asked them to.

I'm kinda sketchy on Pleasanton after my one experience with Dave. I thought some how they were better when they were in the older facility instead of the current lot (old BMW lot).
Old 06-20-2002 | 01:24 AM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

I purchase my TL from Pleasanton..

and they gave me the first year of service for free.. they were able to fix the sunroof and check out a few other things during that year..

never had a problem with them..

but I haven't gone to them since I've moved about 5 min away from Hopkins..
Old 06-20-2002 | 10:02 AM
Instructor

I agree w/Andy. Dave Bibel seems to have the "I don't give a crap about you or your car" attitude. (At least when I have talked to him) Unfortunately, that is every time I go in! I think Steve has been around quite a long time. I remember seeing him at least 6 years ago when I had an integra. Anyways...I bought my car there too.

Keep us updated on cost. I found a little tear on the back side of my passenger seat. Is that covered under warranty?
Old 06-20-2002 | 12:24 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Your seat is covered, however, they will try to "fix" it. They did that, it came back, so I RAISED hell and demanded the bottom portion be replaced under warranty. I love to use the words $34, 000 automobile blah blah blah............awareness has a value !
Old 06-20-2002 | 12:28 PM
Instructor

my bad

Sorry guys

It was Dave that was my rep most of the time......IMO he seem nice.......but then i never have any major problem with my car.

I dealed with steve one time.....very nice guy.......he got me a TL loaner for my maintiance.

So R u saying they do modification work?
Is it only limit to Comptech???

Thanks
Old 06-20-2002 | 01:58 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Yes, I called Comptec and they referred me to that dealership ! They had a huge banner "Comptec" sold and installed here........
Old 06-20-2002 | 02:27 PM
Banned

Originally posted by popxyz
Hey there

I love Acura at pleasanton. they are great.

I do all my work over there......oil change.....Maintance.....etc. but no major work yet (hopefully never have to)

Don't know Steve......i alway deal with a guy name bob or something.....if you want i can try to look for his busniess card.

BTW can anyone suggest a place to do modification in the area?
I want to lower my car (comptect).....also should i ordered the spring now and bring it the shop and have the shop order it?
$100 spring/shock install
$40 sway install
$160 header install....
$40 alignment
and anything else like brakes (resurface, pad slap, brake line install) are about $40-60, if you find a cheaper install price...we can work something out.

Don't waste your money on an install at a dealer...this is basic mechanic work.
Old 06-20-2002 | 04:03 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Moo:
If I were to dump this car soon, I'd take your advise in a heartbeat, but planning on keeping this car for a long time, I buy a "PIECE OF MIND" if ANYTHING GOES WRONG, guess who's the blame........................?????? This is my ONLY defense and believe me it works with my 1998 Accord coupe EX-V6 ONLY serviced by Concord Honda and they been kissing my A$$ cause they are the ONLY one's who have serviced that car in the past 4 years ! Again, something goes wrong, I just call the Service Manager aaaaaaaaand I'm taken care of !

It's a "Peace Of Mind"............
Old 06-20-2002 | 05:46 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Originally posted by korchen
I agree w/Andy. Dave Bibel seems to have the "I don't give a crap about you or your car" attitude. (At least when I have talked to him) Unfortunately, that is every time I go in! I think Steve has been around quite a long time. I remember seeing him at least 6 years ago when I had an integra. Anyways...I bought my car there too.

Keep us updated on cost. I found a little tear on the back side of my passenger seat. Is that covered under warranty?
holy crap! you finally posted!
Old 06-20-2002 | 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Fabvsix
Moo:
If I were to dump this car soon, I'd take your advise in a heartbeat, but planning on keeping this car for a long time, I buy a "PIECE OF MIND" if ANYTHING GOES WRONG, guess who's the blame........................?????? This is my ONLY defense and believe me it works with my 1998 Accord coupe EX-V6 ONLY serviced by Concord Honda and they been kissing my A$$ cause they are the ONLY one's who have serviced that car in the past 4 years ! Again, something goes wrong, I just call the Service Manager aaaaaaaaand I'm taken care of !

It's a "Peace Of Mind"............
True...it's up to you...no problem...mechanics are mechanics....I only take my stuff to the dealer for warranty problems...suspension is suspension...