door sills

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 02:33 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow...just got my tracking #. should get it by tuesday...
Old 08-23-2002, 03:13 AM
CL Type S

I'm kinda new and missed out on the door sill group buy. I have a couple of questions tho. Sounds like a lot of ppl have been having problems with the manufacturer of those. Are those still for sale? They look really pimp compared to the black plastic that's there right now. Does anyone else make those (sounds like I might have issues if I buy from these guys). My most important question.....my sills have a couple of "ridges" molded into the plastic. Do those sills just sit on top of the ridges (there would be a small gap underneath the aluminum)?
Old 08-23-2002, 03:41 AM
Banned

jts1207:
Exactly what juniorbean said...I won't go into it on a thread...if you're really interested send me a PM and I'll tell you about it...but I don't want to dredge up old stuff.

clementlau:
Actually the name of the forum is banned here which is why it doesn't show up. A big falling out between the admins there and here.

TypeSDragoon:
Did you send me your info yet so I could forawrd it to Jeff? If so, ok, I'll go look it back up, and tell him to hurry the heck up...if not please do.

rootbeer:
Ha that's seriously pessimistic...UPS ground shouldn't take more than...5-6 days max...

civic4982:
Yeah he is...call him at 678 468 9041, or email at sales@ap-signworks.com, actually though do me a favor and email me first, Austin519@aol.com

madmax-cl:
Dude...some people's did get scratched in the mail...but you could have told him and he would have priority rushed you a new set. That was part of the huge delay everyone has encountered...a lot of the first batch got scratched so he had to put the newer orders on hold for them. I assume though you've already put them on and didn't report this to him? In that case, he won't do anything man. I wish you had. But, the good news, you can polish any scratch out of the metal as long as it's not on the lettering, you just use fine grain steel wool and/or abrasive compound. I would email him to ask specifically what he recommends, but it's a relatively painless process, and is why I think we'll be able to keep these looking new for the life of the car.

But anyone with defective product had theirs replaced...did you not talk to him about it (I don't remember you ever mentioning this to me).

As for the sticking...everyone I have spoken with...and the two sets I have tested myself...stick like no other. I had to pry the first set off with a screwdriver AFTER using goo gone...so if yours don't stick you didn't clean the surface well enough most likely.

Speedking:
Well...this product was a new product we were turning out...and I have personally spoken to just about everyone in the chain of development and everyone screwed my guy, Jeff, on this one. The cutter is unreliable and cut a bunch of sets wrong. The CAD guy put a lot of them into the computer wrong. The silk screener screened a lot wrong. The polisher scratched some. The packagers packaged some wrong. He's worked out all these kinks and is now slowly trying to catch up. Granted...we took 150 orders in the course of about 3 weeks...50 orders/wk is a lot even for him. But it IS a good product...I have them on my car, they look great. Feel free to check my site out, at www.acura-tl.org, for pictures. There are also lots of pictures posted here and on acura world.com as well.

Austin519
Old 08-23-2002, 08:44 AM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

Just sent in my first email to them as an inquiry to the matter.
I hope I hear from them soon
Old 08-23-2002, 08:51 AM
Drifting

I just got my tracking number. The sills should be here soon

spiro
Old 08-23-2002, 12:10 PM
Racer

I should also get mine on tuesday
Old 08-23-2002, 01:37 PM
Drifting

I just got my tracking number. The sills should be here soon

spiro
Old 08-23-2002, 01:39 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
can you guys please post the date you made your orders AND if you now have a tracking number or have recieved them:

i ordered mine on the last day of the first wave. NO tracking number yet

i really want to see how many people are getting their sills before me. it would be quite interesting to see the order at which they are being shipped.

thanks
Old 08-23-2002, 03:59 PM
Pro

Hey!!! that sounds like a familiar idea

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=78217
Old 08-23-2002, 04:50 PM

July 11th
Old 08-23-2002, 04:51 PM

no tracking or word from
Old 08-23-2002, 04:58 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Re: Hey!!! that sounds like a familiar idea

i'm not going to add it to my sig.

any problems with the sill's orders should go in this thread, not multiple threads. :p
Old 08-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Advanced

Got the sills today, Yessireebob!! UPS performed a miracle. Lookin' good and will go on tomorow a.m.
All is well that ends well. Hope you that are still waiting, will ge yours soon. Looks like AP Signworks is over the backorder hump.
Old 08-26-2002, 12:29 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

is there any word on the "order" that these are being shipped out?

like i said, it needs to remain fair and they should be sent out in the order they were paid for.

i'm still waiting for my tracking number. it has been 46 days since i paid for mine, and have not heard a word from anybody about my order.

Austin, i sent you a PM and a reply PM about this. I want this to be resolved without waiting another day.

thanks
Old 08-27-2002, 06:38 PM
Casual Observer

Good News: Just got a call from my wife and she says my door sills are at my house right now.

Bad News: She says the packing tube looks like it was opened or cut off on one end.

I'll post another update when I get home and survey the damage.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:39 PM
Pro

got my sills today. woop-d-do. let me know who wants them. ready to get rid of them ASAP.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:31 PM
Darth Tator

Originally posted by dhlesq
Good News: Just got a call from my wife and she says my door sills are at my house right now.

Bad News: She says the packing tube looks like it was opened or cut off on one end.

I'll post another update when I get home and survey the damage.
i am sure urs will look better than mine

Old 08-27-2002, 10:54 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

WTF

acura boy ordered his two weeks AFTER me and he just got his

this is really major bullshit now

i want my goddamn sills!
Old 08-27-2002, 11:14 PM
Pro

and the only reason i went ahead with the order was because i was gonna get nailed with like a 200% restocking fee or something like that. not sure how u restock something u never had in the first place
Old 08-27-2002, 11:16 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got mine today.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:20 AM
Darth Tator

is the red S ur doing or did u special order?
Old 08-28-2002, 12:20 AM
Retired. Not available.

mine
Old 08-28-2002, 12:53 AM
Banned

acuraboy:
"and the only reason i went ahead with the order was because i was gonna get nailed with like a 200% restocking fee or something like that. not sure how u restock something u never had in the first place"

Uhm...okay. I REALLY don't want to flame you here, but there is really no other way of putting this. You're full of shit. The restocking fee is NOT 200%. That would mean you are paying $130 (TL) or $110 (CL) to him to restock them. That means that he's making money off of you cancelling. That's total bullshit. If you're going to stir up trouble at least be honest about it.

I will tell you why he charges a restocking fee. What it should more appropriately be called is a used material fee. When you order, it takes about 10 seconds to cut the material, but he has to send it off to the slow-ass engraving shop to be screened, which takes forever. So once you order those sills, he has already used about $40 of metal on your order. So now if you cancel on him, he loses $40 right there unless he can sell them to someone else. If a lot of people did this, then he'd be out of business. Hence the "fee". It's not to penalize you...or make you not want to cancel...it's so he doesn't get screwed. Any manufacturer who custom fabricates stuff will do the same.

And really...if you want to vent about the sills, or me, or Jeff, go do it in a lounge thread...you're welcome to. I really couldn't give a damn if you want to sell your sills now, I bet no one else does either. They're all eager to get news about their shipments, not hear you sit here and shoot the sh*t about how you have yours and are so ultra-cool you're going to sell them now just to show that you're better. I'm a little annoyed that, after I tried as much as I could to help you out, make sure you got your stuff, etc....you would go and litter a post that I'm using to help people and keep them updated, THEN you would go start another with no other purpose than to complain about the arrival date of the sills. And you know some clueless people are going to post questions in there, so now that's ANOTHER thread I have to subscribe to and check...<sigh>

TypeSDragoon:
Don't worry man, as I said I'll take care of you.

riceboy and other with shipping issues:
He's packaging these well guys...I promise. I want to emphasize to you...if you have problems with your sills, i.e. defects in them or they were marred during transit, do NOT put them on!!! You would think people would know this but I've already had two guys bitching at me for messed up sills...but they put them on anyway, which now means that the shipping co will not reimburse and there's no way for us to even salvage them. So do NOT put them on. Contact me (Austin519@aol.com) or Jeff (sales@ap-signworks.com) immediately and we will ship you out a new set and claim it with the shipping co. If you do put them on it's over, there's nothing we can do (duh).

rootbeer:
Glad to hear it.

dhlesq:
See above.

Another note...guys I'm sorry it seems like I'm spending half as much time on this thread as I used to. That's a true statement...because a lot of these have popped up and I'm having to split my time between them all, and it sucks. Please all try to concentrate on one thread and one thread only, it'll make me more useful. That means acuraboy, stop it.

Austin519
Old 08-28-2002, 04:24 AM
Pro

Originally posted by Austin519
acuraboy:

Uhm...okay. I REALLY don't want to flame you here, but there is really no other way of putting this. You're full of shit. The restocking fee is NOT 200%. That would mean you are paying $130 (TL) or $110 (CL) to him to restock them. That means that he's making money off of you cancelling. That's total bullshit. If you're going to stir up trouble at least be honest about it.

I will tell you why he charges a restocking fee. What it should more appropriately be called is a used material fee. When you order, it takes about 10 seconds to cut the material, but he has to send it off to the slow-ass engraving shop to be screened, which takes forever. So once you order those sills, he has already used about $40 of metal on your order. So now if you cancel on him, he loses $40 right there unless he can sell them to someone else. If a lot of people did this, then he'd be out of business. Hence the "fee". It's not to penalize you...or make you not want to cancel...it's so he doesn't get screwed. Any manufacturer who custom fabricates stuff will do the same.

And really...if you want to vent about the sills, or me, or Jeff, go do it in a lounge thread...you're welcome to. I really couldn't give a damn if you want to sell your sills now, I bet no one else does either. They're all eager to get news about their shipments, not hear you sit here and shoot the sh*t about how you have yours and are so ultra-cool you're going to sell them now just to show that you're better. I'm a little annoyed that, after I tried as much as I could to help you out, make sure you got your stuff, etc....you would go and litter a post that I'm using to help people and keep them updated, THEN you would go start another with no other purpose than to complain about the arrival date of the sills. And you know some clueless people are going to post questions in there, so now that's ANOTHER thread I have to subscribe to and check...<sigh>

Please all try to concentrate on one thread and one thread only, it'll make me more useful. That means acuraboy, stop it.

Austin519
well well well, i'd like to be the first to welcome back good ol AUSTIN, the man of mystery. where ya been ol pal?

i'll try to do this slowly so ur two brain cells can follow.
the 200% is called sarcasm. i would suggest going to your local library and reading about. it's good stuff. i sincerely doubt that there are others on this board as blatantly mentally impaired as you that actually missed the sarcasm. if so....my heart goes out to their families. and yes he does make money on me cancelling because he'll trun around and sell them to someone else. so its 75 from me + the restocking fee + the resale of the same item (@110 by now i suppose) from one set of sills. but then again u claim that he *may* not be able to sell them again....right! make up ur mind what ur gonna call it, restocking fee, used materials fee, austin fooked up fee....choose one already.

have u read this thread nimrod? the bulk of this thread is venting about u and jeff. if u wanna make this personal against me just lemme know.

u really need to get a grip kid. u might be the mod at some other piss-poor managed board but i don't see ur name after "mods of CarTalk". the mods have no problem with u selling stuff outside the blackmarket so why would they have an issue with me discussing something U brought up in this forum. u're a real ass austin. u matryr yourself over the pains of having to check ALL these threads. get a life bitch. maybe if u didn't screw this one up there wouldn't be SOOOOO many threads. Jeff expressed a bit of disappointment to me in his emails regarding how u dropped the ball on taking care of this board's orders. u might be checking and u might be subscribed but u sure as shit ain't posting much to help us out.

as far as i see it, u owe me and every other person who ordered sills and got treated like crap a big apology. butdo me a favor and save my apology. intead just

Old 08-28-2002, 04:29 AM
Pro

LOL...i'm ultra-cool...thanks austin
Old 08-28-2002, 04:31 AM
Pro

and BTW....the etching "ain't all that. APS should take them back just for that.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:50 AM

i hope I get mine sometime this week...I hear peeps saying they got the number for Tuesday...darn it...today is Wednesday. I still havent heard any response from my inquires, but I'm hopefull that I will get them shortly
Old 08-28-2002, 12:16 PM
Casual Observer

Good News as far as I'm concerned:

I got them. I love them. I was going to install them tonite, but after seeing Silverknight's pics with the red S I need to do that first. What did you use, modeling paint?

And TypeSDragon:

I think you and I ordered at the same time, on 7/11 or 7/12. I'm in SoCal so shipping times should be similar for us. I never got a tracking number but I also never asked for one and never gave Jeff my email number. He should have sent yours out really close to when he sent mine out and shipping times should be similar so I don't see why you wouldn't have them within a day or two. I hope Austin does have you covered if theres something going on.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:54 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by SilverKnight
Got mine today.
Is that a custom job from Jeff, or did you do that yourself Silver?????
Old 08-28-2002, 01:11 PM
Retired. Not available.

I did it myself. Took about 10 min
Old 08-28-2002, 01:29 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by SilverKnight
I did it myself. Took about 10 min
HOW??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

PM me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show some love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 08-28-2002, 05:21 PM
Banned

acuraboy:
What...last time I posted on this thread was the...23rd? Last time I posted an update on any sills thread was...last night? I have more important things to do than exchange flames with some idiot on an online forum...you're just honestly not...worth...my...time.

To everyone else...I'll have answers as soon as I hear back from Jeff (Raptor and Dragoon that means you two).

Austin519
Old 08-28-2002, 09:23 PM
Pro

i feel bad for your future.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:32 PM
Pro

seriously Austin, i'd be only too happy if i didn't have to deal with you. next time u want to address me do it off the board unless u feel like humiliating urself again. otherwise i fully endorse your choice to ignore me but i doubt i will notice any difference. i hope that this has proved at least somewhat amusing for some of u out there. for the rest of u, i apologize for austin's outbursts.

remember, if anyone is interested in a set of sills for cl-s, pm me
Old 08-28-2002, 09:34 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Originally posted by acuraboy
i feel bad for your future.
allright allright, let's not turn this into a battle. Austin is helping us out as best as he can. we all have lives outside of the boards

sure some of us are pretty pissed at what's going on. i know that i'm a little peeved because i get angry when things are pretty un-fair. but i have not started huge flames, but have commented on what's going on.

so let's not turn this into a battle. let's work through the problem and get it over with. but i think overall, it needs to stay fair. do things in the order at which they were ordered and take care of the "problem" ones that are damaged/ect.

Now i have NOT sent a single email to this Jeff person or tried to contact him over the phone. we are ALL aware of the problems wether they are for real or just a story. I'm sure he doesn't like receiving a dozen calls about the same thing when he is trying to do his best. put yourself in his shoes for a second and think about the big picture. maybe if we give the guy a break he might have a chance to get off the phone with you guys and actually get some more of these sill's sent out :P

that's all i want to say. thanks
Old 08-28-2002, 11:13 PM
on bin laden

austin,

can your of jeff email/pm me with what is going on with my order?

thanks,

~fotis
Old 08-28-2002, 11:36 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Just checking on the status of the First Gen Sills. Any word/update?

BTW . . .

I'm NOT complaining, but guys, some of us have paid a Looooonnnnngggggg time ago (2 1/2 months):

From: service@paypal.com Save Address Sunday, June 16, 2002 12:26 PM

To: hoover6479@msn.com
CC:

Subject: Receipt for your Payment

This email confirms that you sent $55.00 to ap_signworks@hotmail.com.

------------------------------
Payment Details
------------------------------

Amount: 55.00
Transaction ID: 4C202186FEXXXXXXX
Subject: Acura CL Door Sills
Note: Here's payment for a set of door sills for my 1997 Acura 3.0CL (First Gen)! I'm interested in the pair that read: "ACURA CL". Thanks!
Old 08-28-2002, 11:53 PM
Intermediate

is it possible to put a flip-out t.v. and still have you navi fully functional
Old 08-29-2002, 01:45 AM
Banned

TypeSDragoon:
It's ok man...that's why I am here...to deal with crap so that Jeff can actually work instead of him being sucked into stupid flame wars. If they want to hate on me for doing nothing but trying to help...ok, fine, that's their prerogative...don't understand the logic but ok. By the way, Jeff emailed me about you and said you have a tracking # now in your email...can you confirm this?

fbazakos:
Fotis...he told me he emailed you...I will tell him he must be mistaken and will also talk with him personally as soon as I can reach him...(which I haven't been able to for almost a week now but hopefully soon...so sorry for the delay in answering you).

dustbuster4:
And you have every right to. He told me they were done and shipping last week. Again, as I told Fotis...I haven't heard from him so I don't have anything to say right now...but hopefully I can tell you this week...I've called every day at least once . He must be seriously busy.

NightCrawler:
!??!?

Austin519
Old 08-29-2002, 01:53 AM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Austin:

Thanks for the help. Jeff emailed me with the tracking # and everything.

dustbuster4:

YOu should email Austin, and follow it with an email to Jeff. That's what I did. And Jeff replied to my email right alway with the tracking # of my shipment. IT was two day mail too, so I could be getting it this FRIDAY!!

He told me they were done 10 days ago, but ran out of tape and they were backordered on it. SO agains, email him.

Quick Reply: door sills