door sills

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 07:34 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got an email from jeff saying that the cl sills are mailing mon, or tues, only time will tell but it is looking better
Old 08-18-2002, 10:27 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ummm ... I'm seeing something here. He promised me to send them out on Sat, the latest Monday. Now, the latest is Tues. I'm getting impatient.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:09 PM
TRELOS

Can anybody post pics of the sills ?

Tnx

Juker008
Old 08-19-2002, 07:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

My god I got a response in my email. Mine will "ship" out Tuesday. Same explanation as given in previous posts.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:33 AM
Mugen Racing Team

how much is it for a pair or CLS door sills? you just stick them on with double side tape onto the black ledge right?
Old 08-19-2002, 11:04 AM
Casual Observer

I've been silent for awhile because I read the information on the maxima site and when I spoke to Jeff over the phone he sounded like a good guy.

I still hold out hope, and I'm still looking forward to receiving them.

As for our site getting no updates, I do remember Austin saying that he was supposed to be the liaison between A-CL.com and Jeff. That being said, we haven't heard from Austin in a very long time and that concerns me.

On the maxima site, Jeff said something about shipping everything by this past Thursday. I received my credit card statement on Friday and the charge to APSignworks was on it. I put in a telephone call to Jeff stating that I needed a verbal confirmation from him before I pay the credit card bill, because once I pay it I can't dispute the charge.

As yet no call, but if he sent them on Thursday then I should receive them by the end of this week.

Just my story for purposes of perfect information sharing.

And by the way, I'm comforted to know that Astro has all of our backs. If he's willing to go meet with Jeff in person after he gets back from his trip, then we just have to give mad thanks because that is above and beyond the call of duty and more than we have a right to expect.

Thank you Astro.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:19 PM
Suzuka Master

i got

I got a refund check from Jeff today...

Smitty
Old 08-19-2002, 03:46 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: i got

Originally posted by Smitty
I got a refund check from Jeff today...

Smitty
Did you ask for a refund, or did he just send it to ya???
Old 08-19-2002, 07:27 PM
ALi G in the House!

hmm i e-mailed him..and got a responce that he would look at the records and tell me if mine had shipped..that was on friday..i haven't gotten another e-mail back or anything about whats going on...so..hmm..i'm gettin pissed..
Old 08-19-2002, 07:41 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
i haven't emailed him or called at all. i ordered mine on the first wave of orders, and i still have not gotten mine.

he hasn't communicated with me at all.

i just want my damn sills. this is rediculous
Old 08-19-2002, 07:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: i got

Originally posted by AztecRol

Did you ask for a refund, or did he just send it to ya???
Yeah I seen all the problems that guys were having (bent up sills, waiting forever, ect.), So I called him about 3 weeks ago and asked to credit my Debt Card, but he decided to send me a check instead... A real pain in the ass, but atleast i got my 65 back..

Smitty
Old 08-19-2002, 08:46 PM
Advanced

I just emailed him with a 48 hr deadline to verifyable shipping info on my sills. If not, I am cancelling, shortpaying my CCard and he can experience how it is dealing with card companies trying to get their money. Dealing with us is easy by comparison.
Trouble is, I really would like the sills, but after 40 days and 40 nights....
Old 08-19-2002, 11:40 PM
TRELOS

Someone PLZ post pics of the sills .

I can't find those pics anywhere .

Juker008
Old 08-20-2002, 01:11 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Originally posted by Juker008
Someone PLZ post pics of the sills .

I can't find those pics anywhere .

Juker008
Juker, I did ONE search!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I typed in door sills and this was one of the results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit being a lazy noob!!!

Click on the link below, 10 PICS OF THE SILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=====> CLICK HERE <=====
Old 08-20-2002, 01:32 AM
Blown LS6!!

Check my sig for pix on a silver car...
Old 08-20-2002, 05:06 AM
Pro

woulda been sweet if jeff cut the ends of the sills to follow the lines of the stock plastic sill vs. having a rectangular piece of aluminum over a trapezoidal pieceof plastic
Old 08-20-2002, 09:22 AM
Racer

Today is tues so i should get a tracking number.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:25 AM
Casual Observer

Update (long)

Update:

I got a call back from Jeff yesterday evening and we had a quick telephone call. I've talked to him a few times on the phone and I still think he's a good guy who is coming through. He basically reiterated everything that he said on the maxima board (the link was posted last week in this thread).

I told him that I thought people were more upset about the lack of communication than they were about the actual delay in shipping. We talked a little about how the communication was supposed to work here, and he said that Austin was supposed to be taking care of it here and that Austin had asked him not to post here way back at the beginning of the group buy.

Now this sounds like someone passing the buck, but I specifically remember Austin getting pretty pissed when people started talking directly to Jeff, and when Jeff started talking directly to customers. This was in the original 28-page or more thread about the group buy.

That being said, Jeff is under the impression that Austin got into some kind of trouble here on A-CL.com and that he is no longer welcome here. Obviously I'm in no position to comment on whether that is true because I just read and post here, but if someone in a position to know wants to call BS on what Jeff said then go ahead. Austin did go from regular updates to the invisible man rather abruptly though.

I also addressed the issue of quality concerns briefly and Jeff said that he has only had to deal with two issues on this board. He said one person asked for a refund, and it was recently processed. He said the other person's sills were damaged in shipping but were installed in their as-shipped condition by the customer. Jeff said that he and that person reached an agreement as well. He said that to his knowledge, all other complaints relate to delays in shipping and poor communication on his part.

With regards to shipping, he attributes it to more orders than he expected, poor quality lettering done by vendors that he had to have redone, and a backorder on 3M tape. With regards to communication, he attributes it to his relying on Austin to handle communications with customers from this board. I asked him about email and phone calls, and he just said he was too swamped to handle the communications; I think it's a poor excuse but I understand where he is coming from.

Now, I'm just relaying my conversation for purposes of perfect information sharing, and just in case it answers any questions that anyone else had. I don't have a direct line to Jeff but as long as I happened to have him on the phone I tried to get the whole picture from him.

If you take issue with anything relayed above, then it's possible that I got an imperfect understanding from Jeff. This was a ten-minute telephone conversation over a cell-phone in traffic.

Also, my general impression was that this is a regular guy who bit off more than he could chew but who is making good on every agreement; it's just taking him a little more time than he expected.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:16 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Re: Update (long)

Originally posted by dhlesq
Update:

I got a call back from Jeff yesterday evening and we had a quick telephone call. I've talked to him a few times on the phone and I still think he's a good guy who is coming through. He basically reiterated everything that he said on the maxima board (the link was posted last week in this thread).

I told him that I thought people were more upset about the lack of communication than they were about the actual delay in shipping. We talked a little about how the communication was supposed to work here, and he said that Austin was supposed to be taking care of it here and that Austin had asked him not to post here way back at the beginning of the group buy.

Now this sounds like someone passing the buck, but I specifically remember Austin getting pretty pissed when people started talking directly to Jeff, and when Jeff started talking directly to customers. This was in the original 28-page or more thread about the group buy.

That being said, Jeff is under the impression that Austin got into some kind of trouble here on A-CL.com and that he is no longer welcome here. Obviously I'm in no position to comment on whether that is true because I just read and post here, but if someone in a position to know wants to call BS on what Jeff said then go ahead. Austin did go from regular updates to the invisible man rather abruptly though.

I also addressed the issue of quality concerns briefly and Jeff said that he has only had to deal with two issues on this board. He said one person asked for a refund, and it was recently processed. He said the other person's sills were damaged in shipping but were installed in their as-shipped condition by the customer. Jeff said that he and that person reached an agreement as well. He said that to his knowledge, all other complaints relate to delays in shipping and poor communication on his part.

With regards to shipping, he attributes it to more orders than he expected, poor quality lettering done by vendors that he had to have redone, and a backorder on 3M tape. With regards to communication, he attributes it to his relying on Austin to handle communications with customers from this board. I asked him about email and phone calls, and he just said he was too swamped to handle the communications; I think it's a poor excuse but I understand where he is coming from.

Now, I'm just relaying my conversation for purposes of perfect information sharing, and just in case it answers any questions that anyone else had. I don't have a direct line to Jeff but as long as I happened to have him on the phone I tried to get the whole picture from him.

If you take issue with anything relayed above, then it's possible that I got an imperfect understanding from Jeff. This was a ten-minute telephone conversation over a cell-phone in traffic.

Also, my general impression was that this is a regular guy who bit off more than he could chew but who is making good on every agreement; it's just taking him a little more time than he expected.
THANKS for the update. Personally, I am not worried. I know that two of my friends here in the Bay Area have received them and the look hot!!! I think that the company that Jeff works for should have done one set of sills at a time. They did sills for our cars, the TL, the MAX, and the a few others, all at the same time. Maybe if they would have taken care of one car at a time, but that is hindsite. I can't wait to get mine and I am sure I will get them soon. I got an email from Jeff last week, and he said that a bunch were shipping out soon. I hope my order is in that batch!!!
Old 08-20-2002, 03:35 PM
Banned

Re: Update (long)

I talked to AUSTIN on IM 2 days ago, showed him the posts and link. He said he hasn't checked this site lately and never gets email confirms anymore. But he told me that he was gonna post that evening a update. Still no update I see.

Also, Jeff is posting on a c u r a w o r l d.com (Austins site), which austin said is busier than both of these sites. That is where the updates are happening, so if you need them, go there.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:35 PM
Banned

SilverBullet:
Two days ago? Dear lord man it was like yesterday...haha. I've sent this link to Jeff so he can respond to everyone personally. I'm not going to try to just because I don't have everyone's info.

Also, just to clear that up, acura world .com is no more my site than acura cl is...I just mod for it and I no longer mod for this site. I will admit though, since all the TLers went over there after the A-TL fiasco...and since Jeff is a vendor over there, and since we have a whole forum for this kind of stuff, they probably are getting more updated than you guys...I'm trying as hard as I can to NOT let that happen though...

Austin519
Old 08-20-2002, 04:38 PM
Banned

By the way...Jeff (AP Signworks) told me that someone told him I was mad at you guys? Or at A-CL? Or something? Anyone want to explain...cause I'm totally not...just curious as to what I did that gave that impression...

Austin519
Old 08-20-2002, 05:23 PM
Duck Fuke!

Originally posted by Austin519
SilverBullet:
Two days ago? Dear lord man it was like yesterday...haha. I've sent this link to Jeff so he can respond to everyone personally. I'm not going to try to just because I don't have everyone's info.

Also, just to clear that up, acura world .com is no more my site than acura cl is...I just mod for it and I no longer mod for this site. I will admit though, since all the TLers went over there after the A-TL fiasco...and since Jeff is a vendor over there, and since we have a whole forum for this kind of stuff, they probably are getting more updated than you guys...I'm trying as hard as I can to NOT let that happen though...

Austin519

what happened at a-tl.com????......................i noticed that place is like a ghost town lately?
Old 08-21-2002, 11:01 AM
Racer

Has anyone received them from this batch yet.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by jts1207

what happened at a-tl.com????......................i noticed that place is like a ghost town lately?
Just a big mixup between Austin and ACP.com... it got a little messy for a bit... then the group-buy was pulled from atl.com
Old 08-21-2002, 03:44 PM
Pro

Originally posted by mretif
Has anyone received them from this batch yet.
nope...it's wednesday afternoon and no sign of the cute UPS chick
Old 08-21-2002, 05:52 PM
4th Gear

I found the following update posted by Jeff of API signwork on 8/13.
Basically he explains the reasons for the unexpected delay of the CL/TL door sill,
and claims all the sills should have been shipped by now.

http://www.**********.com/forums/sho...&pagenumber=10
Old 08-21-2002, 05:58 PM
4th Gear

Sorry don't know why the URL I posted shows up like that. Here it goes again:

http://www.**********.com/forums/sho...&pagenumber=10
Old 08-21-2002, 06:13 PM
4th Gear

I am sorry the URL posted is garbled again. I'm not sure why.
Here is the extract from the message Jeff at API Sign Work posted in the Acura World forum:

Hey guys, this is Jeff at AP-Signworks. Basically I'm here to provide some answers to your questions because I know how it is to wait for a part during a groupbuy. It took 9 weeks for me to get a body kit for my car during a groupbuy last year, and they had $1200 of my money, so trust me, I know the feeling.

I think everyone still waiting ordered on the last day of the original groupbuy, at least I can't find anyone in my records who still has an outstanding order that was placed before then. To tell you the truth, we were kind of overwhelmed. It was the single biggest sales day we've had. Primarily, we are a wholesale shop, we ship this stuff in bulk. It's easy when you're shipping 80 products to 1 shop, much worse when you're shipping 80 products to 80 different people.

After taking the orders and sorting things out, the guy who does all the cutting went on a 12 day vacation. This was on the 7-14, 3 days after taking all those orders. So we shipped out what we had left, which was very little and basically waited until he got back on 7-27. He's the only one who can do the cutting, I know it sucks, but there is nobody to take his place, so when he's gone, we have to wait. We got sills cut on 7-29 and sent them to the shop to have the logos imprinted on there. That's where the fun begins. They had orders to rush the sills and I expected them by 8-2, on 8-4 I still had no sills. I call them and it turns out they hadn't even touched the sills, the guys in the work area had never gotten the work order sent in by the sales guy I deal with. At least that's what I was told. So on 8-5, they give me about a third of my order which was promply shipped out, and then on 8-8 I got the rest of the TL sills. Unfortunately-and you CL guys are going to hate me for this-the huge order of CL sills I sent in won't be done for 2-3 more days. So by the end of tomorrow, all of the TL sill order should be shipped out and I will have tracking info for anyone who wants it. Just email us. By Friday, all the CL orders should be gone and you can get tracking info from us then. And we can finally get this whole thing sorted out.

So to summarize, I'm sorry for the wait. It was totally unforseeable on our part, I'm sorry we missed the anticipated shipping dates, and things got so delayed. You guys were all supposed to have had your sills about 2 weeks ago.

And as of now, all orders are being shipped UPS. I've currently got 7 insurance claims filed against the post office on these sill orders alone. 6 of them have never turned up, and 1 turned up mangled. And I have 2 more claims I'm filing in the next couple of days. We try to pack them so they withstand being thrown around the truck, etc. But there is nothing I can do when the sill shows up crushed with a footprint on the tube. Or when it simply disappears and they put a trace on it and can't tell me where it is. Or when it shows up 29 days after it was shipped by Priority Mail.

BTW, we've had a lot of problems with our email, so if you haven't gotten a response from me, please resend the email to apsignworks@bellsouth.net . We've responded to every email we've seen or Austin has forwarded us.

Sorry for the long post, I hope a few things were cleared up. Thanks for your patience.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:00 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

"I think everyone still waiting ordered on the last day of the original groupbuy, at least I can't find anyone in my records who still has an outstanding order that was placed before then."

ummmmmm me. i ordered mine on the first wave, and still have not gotten them....
Old 08-21-2002, 08:37 PM
Racer

we were supposed to have received them two weeks ago...more like a month i ordered on the 11th.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:50 PM
Advanced

Got my UPS tracking number from Jeff today. Now it's a game of daily checking on UPS's site to track progress. Knowing a bit about their network, it will probably go from Jeff into the brown truck to the Atlanta dist. center, consolidate into a full trailer for the rail, Atlanta rail to New Orleans, stop, switch to another railroad to Dallas, then truck to the dist. center in Garland, and then into the brown truck to me, say about 10 days min.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Lucky you, still haven't got mine. Tuesday came & gone.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:36 PM
ALi G in the House!

hmm i'm still yet to get them or to get another update from jeff..i've called and e-mailed..sigh
Old 08-22-2002, 01:23 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does anyone know if Jeff is still offering these? or is he stopping? I want a set really bad...
Old 08-22-2002, 01:34 PM
Silver Bullet

I got mine....they do stick but ot as good as I hoped because of the ripples on our plastic door sills now.....plus mine sills came a bit scratched......bad business when you get your product about 5 weeks after you order it and it comes scratched.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:42 PM
I love my CL-S

all i can say is good luck guys...

i waited almost 1 month for mine..and finally got it 2 weeks ago..

they look really nice
Old 08-22-2002, 02:26 PM
Racer

I still have no tracking number.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:31 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

is he shipping them in a certain order? i hope to god he is sending them as "first come first serve" because i have been waiting too long already for them and haven't heard a thing from him about shipping mine.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:44 PM
Drifting

Its been a week since Jeff emailed me, and I still dont have the sills, or a tracking number.

Quick Reply: door sills