Disclaimer

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 09:12 AM
'Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disclaimer

in today's Wall Street Journal:

"Fearing copycats, Universal warns against mimicking new action film...Studio puts out disclaimers about illegal car-racing in 'The Fast and the Furious'"

Here is a small exerpt..."The studio has also moved quickly to get the film's 2 stars, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker, to record public service announcements that encourage safe driving. The PSA's will be shown on the Web site, and later may be included on the video and DVD release of the film. It hopes to get the announcements played on radio stations, and Universal's paid radio advertising will include a safe driving tag."

i guess with previous problems the movie industry has had with people imitating actors, Universal is really trying to urge people to be legal, cuz if u think about it, this movie comes with lots of potential liability. any thoughts??

Chris

------------------
Copyright 2001 ScooterKin Enterprises:

'01 CL Type-S: Red on Black

- PIAA 19224 road lamps
- mudguards
- moonroof visor
- fenderwell trim
- spoiler
- wheel locks
- the OLD cup holder
- ...last, but not least, the Xephyr CAI
Old 06-21-2001, 09:39 AM
Banned

It's so sad the *&^% lawyers have ruined our society to the point where people can't enjoy a movie without a stupid "don't try this at home" disclaimer. In the glorious words of Don Henley and the Eagles Hell freezes over CD, "Ol' Billy was right let's kill all the lawyers, kill em' tonight"!
Old 06-21-2001, 09:55 AM
Team Owner

I watched Castaway on Friday.

Good thing I read this thread, because I was thinking about crashing a FedEX plane this weekend for fun.

Shawn S

------------------
Make me an offer….It’s FOR SALE when the 6-Speed MANUAL comes out, I HATE the SLUSH SHIFT !!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - X****r CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 06-21-2001, 10:21 AM
'Cooter

funny u mentioned that...did u know FedEx initially didn't wanna b included in the movie b/c they have never lost a plane and that this may spark speculation of safety of their aircraft??

------------------
Copyright 2001 ScooterKin Enterprises:

'01 CL Type-S: Red on Black

- PIAA 19224 road lamps
- mudguards
- moonroof visor
- fenderwell trim
- spoiler
- wheel locks
- the OLD cup holder
- ...last, but not least, the Xephyr CAI