Disappointed when looking for CL-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 01:06 AM
Uber-Acura-Oakley

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Disappointed when looking for CL-S

I was recently checking out a used CL-S down in Calgary yesterday and I asked the salesperson for a test drive. He said that since the car had so low KMs and next to new, he was restricted ( according to what he has to say) from taking out the car for a drive unless he knew I was willing to be a down payment on it. He did say that he would allow me to take it out for a spin for about five to ten minutes but that would be it?

Although I could understand a bit of his reasoning, apparently he thought I as was only there to kick tires. I think he was simply too lazy to allow me for a test drive and wanted to make his cut on the vehicle when asking me for a deposit. I drive a RSX premium at the present time so its not like I drive a clunker. Also, I would go back to the Acura dealership where I bought my car but the management was less than adequate ( the sales rep however was very good and accomodating since I preordered my RSX to when it was delivered to me but he no longer works there) Anyways, I'll check out the the other Acura dealerships to see what type of response I get but I thought I drop a line to see what type of treatment you CL owners got when you purchased your car.

Also, for those that live in Calgary, I would especially like to hear your impressions when you purchased your CL.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:56 AM
whoXwanXsum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuck that guy! he is a fag, u shoulda hit his ass. not like its a fuckn lamborghini or some shit
Old 07-07-2002, 01:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Find another dealer to work with.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:49 PM
Slower traffic keep right

Screw em man. That's the same treatment I got from Nissan when looking at a fully loaded Altima. I think I surprised them when I rolled up in a new Acura CL-S and told their sales manager that they would of had my sale if it hadn't been for his rude salesman.

I'm actually glad he was rude. I'm really glad I bought the CL-S over the Altima SE.

Good luck.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:00 PM
A stick shift whore

Which dealer did you go to? Silverhill or Northwest? I bought mine at Northwest and had no trouble test driving it before buying. I had a bad experience at Silverhill with one salesman that made me never deal with that dealership again! I have not had any problems at Northwest with either of my CL's. Their service department is awesome.

My 2 cents
Old 07-07-2002, 02:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Well, I was looking for a new 2001 CLS in July of 2000. I drove up in my 95 Grand Cherokee, I was checking out the CLS in the showroom. This really cool salesman looks and says "there's a black one parked out front, here (he tossed me the keys) take it it for a spin", I gave him my license he coped it real quick, and then said "see you back in say an hour?"

no kiddin!

This was the Acura dealership in Schaumburg, WoodField Acura.

They will have my business again if I ever live back in Illinois. Especially my car salesman, no pressure at all.
Old 07-07-2002, 05:02 PM
Uber-Acura-Oakley

Originally posted by TypeS-Cgy
Which dealer did you go to? Silverhill or Northwest? I bought mine at Northwest and had no trouble test driving it before buying. I had a bad experience at Silverhill with one salesman that made me never deal with that dealership again! I have not had any problems at Northwest with either of my CL's. Their service department is awesome.

My 2 cents
I went to Silverhill . Based on the overall response from people that I know who bought their Acura from them, it was relatively positive. I stopped by NW afterwards but either they were too busy or everyone there must have been down at the Stampede or something. I waited for about ten minutes for a salesperson but I had to leave. Anywho, I'm planning on taking my RSX for an oil change (damn third one already) and I'll see what type of response I get from West Side. If their management still sucks, I stop by NW one more time to see if I could get a Cl for a test drive. As for Silverhill, I think I'll get the name of the manager from my friend who bought an MDX to see what he has to say about the salesperson that I talked to.

Cheers.
Old 07-07-2002, 08:19 PM
Bling Bling

When I first decided to test drive the Cl, I went to Acura of Peabody (MA) and ended up waiting for the salesman I spoke to previously. He told me he needed to complete the sale of another vehicle and could be a while. The manager of the store quickly came to me and asked if I needed help. I told him I wanted to test drive. He quickly put the plates on, tossed me the keys and said "we close at six," it was about quarter of five at the time. I was very happy with the guys there and go there all the time for service