A Dilemna...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001 | 02:59 PM
Adrienne

A Dilemna...

Today when I pulled into work, I noticed a brand new black CL-S in my office parking lot. Now, do I leave a note about the forum on their windshield so as to spread the word about Acura-CL.com, or do I not do something so stupid because I have no idea if the owner is one of the executives in the office, who will look on the site, see that I'm a regular poster, and then fire me? I don't know what to do.
Old 08-08-2001 | 03:01 PM
Drifting

Dont do it. Why risk your job. I wouldnt want to know what people here at work know what I'm doing. Executive or not.

Spiro
Old 08-08-2001 | 03:02 PM
Nightbane

Originally posted by DevilCL:
<STRONG>Today when I pulled into work, I noticed a brand new black CL-S in my office parking lot. Now, do I leave a note about the forum on their windshield so as to spread the word about Acura-CL.com, or do I not do something so stupid because I have no idea if the owner is one of the executives in the office, who will look on the site, see that I'm a regular poster, and then fire me? I don't know what to do.</STRONG>
I was going to suggest you ask around a bit first and find out who own's the car. However what Spiroh says is correct, why let anyone, boss or other wise, know what you are doing. So don't worry about it.
Old 08-08-2001 | 03:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by spiroh:
<STRONG>Dont do it. Why risk your job. I wouldnt want to know what people here at work know what I'm doing. Executive or not.

Spiro</STRONG>

Agreed
Old 08-08-2001 | 03:07 PM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

I agree, Don't act to quickly. Check out who drives it though and play it cool, not worth putting your job in jeopardy.
Old 08-08-2001 | 03:09 PM
Retired Post Whore

Yea do not do it. I don't want you to be unemployed!
Old 08-08-2001 | 03:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

I agree. You should wait until you find out who drives it. A job is not worth risking just to spread the word.
Old 08-08-2001 | 03:12 PM
Banned

Any executive in my company wouldn't be driving a CL-S.

So I would, and have, left little notes and such on windshields, but I don't think anyone has joined Oh well.
Old 08-08-2001 | 03:42 PM
Adrienne

I don't really think it's an executive because it wasn't parked in one of the reserved spaces, but you never know. I think I'm gonna not do it though, because I don't really like anyone in my office that isn't in my department, and I'd hate for them to see what I do all day...

*sigh* it's too bad, too. Oh well, they probably won't mod it at all, and they'll let it get dusty and gross, the bastards.
Old 08-08-2001 | 03:46 PM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

Originally posted by DevilCL:
<STRONG>I don't really think it's an executive because it wasn't parked in one of the reserved spaces, but you never know. I think I'm gonna not do it though, because I don't really like anyone in my office that isn't in my department, and I'd hate for them to see what I do all day...

*sigh* it's too bad, too. Oh well, they probably won't mod it at all, and they'll let it get dusty and gross, the bastards. </STRONG>
It will make your car look that much better!
Oh, BTW, how are you feeling? Saw that you were a little under the weather? I hate being sick. it sux!

Old 08-08-2001 | 04:05 PM
Instructor

Park next to them every day until that person gets the itch to find out who YOU are. And if they ARE an executive, you can earn brownie points but giving them info about the car that they didnt know. But dont mention the forum until you know who's it is and til you trust them.

just my opinion
Old 08-08-2001 | 05:06 PM
Instructor

hahaha you guys rock!!! i swear this forum is an addiction i love that u guys are like hush hush about coworkers not knowing what ya'll do all day because that is just me to! this is a secret in my book my workers leave me alone i do this and they dont talk to me for shit, but then again, I am an intern hahaha
Old 08-08-2001 | 09:32 PM
Adrienne

I'm feeling better... I went to the doctor today, and he took one look at me and said, "you look awful!" But he gave me some prescription cough syrup and an antibiotic cuz I have a lung infection.

*sigh*

I also picked up the note from my orthopaedic surgeon that will get me handicapped parking at school (only at school though, not the DMV pass), so I'm a happy camper. I get good parking, I get good parking, na na na na na na....