DC SPORTS HEADERS FTIMENT ISSUES 2001 CL-P Auto

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 11:06 PM
friend of fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC SPORTS HEADERS FTIMENT ISSUES 2001 CL-P Auto

so recently i bought dc sports headers for my cl. after struggling all afternoon to get the job done myself i went to visit a friend of mine who owns a saab place to get them installed...basically i needed air tools. anyway, so we got the old ones off and the new ones hooked up nicely on the rear primary as well as on the catalytic converter. the front though was off by an inch or so. now i have my front mount and side mount broken. do you guys think it would affect the way the headers fit? it just seemed like they were too short coming up to the front header or as if the front header wasn't bent back enough. i don't know, i'm disappointed. eventually i had to pay more because we had to slap the old ones back on too. should i just get rid of them or fix the mounts and try again? i've seen some people with them on and they said that they were a bit off but no problem. my guys didn't even wanna try to "make" them fit because they said they would crack or break under pressure later... anyway, ya'll help a brotha out!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Man Funkee . . . that sounds really messed up.

If you're working with guys in a shop and they can't get it to fit . . . then it's bad.

As for the busted mounts, that shouldn't effect the fitment of the header no more than it effects the fitment of the standard exhaust.

I would be checking with the manufacturer on this issue . . . and if they don't have a good answer for you . . then that really sux, and request a refund.

BTW, I hope this is fixed easily as I was hoping to get some headers for my B-Day coming up soon.

Ruf
Old 08-16-2006, 11:40 PM
proffesion...axle breaker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man that does suck...id say get the mount fixed and get a different brand. ive never been a fan of DC, i had them on my old GSR and hated them. get a set off ebay, theyre cheap but yet everybody says they fit up perfetly and look/perform on par with comptech.

hope you get it resolved
Old 08-17-2006, 12:24 AM
slobalt defender

Received 349 Likes on 186 Posts
Mine had the fitment problem as well but the shop was able to manipulate them into place...PM me if you want
Old 08-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
its fairly common to mistakenly try to put the rear bank on the front and front on the rear...sure thats not the issue?
Old 08-17-2006, 12:42 AM
friend of fast

long one up front and shorty in the back right... no we definitely checked for that. the angles wouldn't match up then. man, i thought it was gonna be a freakin breeze.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:06 AM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
so did I....... , I wouldve never sold them to you had I known it be that big of a mess. My offer still stands brutha, I'll buy them back if you dont get it figured out.

Have you messed with the motor mounts any?
Old 08-17-2006, 01:26 AM
friend of fast

it's cool man...i need to come over and kick your ass...haha, in xbox that is. haven't messed with the engine mounts any. i'm just gonna go for comptech man. if u wanna buy them back, that's cool. i scratched them up a bit, maybe i can lower the price. haha.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:28 AM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
k, we'll work somthing out......I think I know someone that wants em.....
Old 08-17-2006, 02:00 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by FunkeeTown
so recently i bought dc sports headers for my cl. after struggling all afternoon to get the job done myself i went to visit a friend of mine who owns a saab place to get them installed...basically i needed air tools. anyway, so we got the old ones off and the new ones hooked up nicely on the rear primary as well as on the catalytic converter. the front though was off by an inch or so. now i have my front mount and side mount broken. do you guys think it would affect the way the headers fit? it just seemed like they were too short coming up to the front header or as if the front header wasn't bent back enough. i don't know, i'm disappointed. eventually i had to pay more because we had to slap the old ones back on too. should i just get rid of them or fix the mounts and try again? i've seen some people with them on and they said that they were a bit off but no problem. my guys didn't even wanna try to "make" them fit because they said they would crack or break under pressure later... anyway, ya'll help a brotha out!
BESIDES THE COMPTECH AT THIS POINT THEIR ARE NO OTHER HEADERS THAT FIT THESE ENGINES THAT ARE OF WORTHY QUALITY YET
Old 08-17-2006, 02:26 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by typeR
its fairly common to mistakenly try to put the rear bank on the front and front on the rear...sure thats not the issue?
I almost did that with my Megan headers. I made sure the OEM had the same bend as the aftermartket to have them fit properly. Yet it's obvious that the front header has a bend and is somewhat shorter than the rear header.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:35 AM
friend of fast

no f-ing way. there is only one way those headers fit on the oxygen sensor bottom piece. if you switch them around they both face weird. it doesn't make sense. if i buy comptech and have the same problem, i'm selling this car. jk
Old 08-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by zoltar
BESIDES THE COMPTECH AT THIS POINT THEIR ARE NO OTHER HEADERS THAT FIT THESE ENGINES THAT ARE OF WORTHY QUALITY YET
Your way wrong!!!!! Don't post things you have no idea about.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
Originally Posted by FunkeeTown
no f-ing way. there is only one way those headers fit on the oxygen sensor bottom piece. if you switch them around they both face weird. it doesn't make sense. if i buy comptech and have the same problem, i'm selling this car. jk
I don't think you should have a problem with the CT's.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by zoltar
Less posting, more researching.

Sorry to hear about your dilema FunkeeTown.
This isn't the first negative thing I've read about these DC's either. It's funny how a $150 set of headers has made many people happy lately but as soon as someone tries to go for a better brand, they get screwed. Personally, I'd give the XS Power's a chance before I dove into Comptechs. Then again, I'm cheap like that.

Again, sorry to hear about this.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:03 PM
friend of fast

xs headers it is then.