CT Icebox CAI or AEM/Injen CAI

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CT Icebox CAI or AEM/Injen CAI

So I'm going to be placing an order for a CAI within a week or two. I'm torn between getting a CT Icebox or picking up a CAI from AEM or Injen. I like the AEM & Injen cause it can offer performance and kind of shine up the engine bay.

Does the CT Icebox offer any real advantages over AEM/Injen?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Only 1 is more power. It looks like stock & sounds close to stock. If your looking for noise, & looks get the Aem or Injen.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Instructor

No it does not. If you want a BADASS intake this is what I did: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194366. But, if I could do it again I would probably just get an AEM/INJEN.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nightpoison
So I'm going to be placing an order for a CAI within a week or two. I'm torn between getting a CT Icebox or picking up a CAI from AEM or Injen. I like the AEM & Injen cause it can offer performance and kind of shine up the engine bay.

Does the CT Icebox offer any real advantages over AEM/Injen?
I'm a huge fan of the CT Icebox on an RSX-S... Haven't had experience with one on a CL but I'm heavily considering it myself for my car.

Since we're on the subject of CT and I see it listed in your sig, how do you like your CT springs? How much of a drop did it give you?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The icebox is good, stealthy, quiet and easy to clean.

You could also wait a while and see if P2R starts selling their CLS intake (see my dyno of it & TB Spacer vs the icebox Here ). BTW he already has one fabricated for 6 speeds.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

TCM 01 CL-S

I have a question, I'm not sure how to read that last chart, Air/Fuel. It seems the A/F goes down with the CT. Would this allow for better gas mileage than the P2R set up?

Also, If I went with the CT, would the P2R TB spacer and Plenum still work, or would I have to go stock intake or P2R intake?

stickgoat

I like the CT springs, there nice and stiff, feels good on corners and at higher speeds, but I think im going to get something else. I've ridden in my friends CL-S and he has Tein SS. I think I'm going to grab those with the EDFC controller. This will allow for a wider tire, 235 instead of 225. plus give me some options here in New england with going from smooth to rough road all the time.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Advanced

stickgoat

I like the CT springs, there nice and stiff, feels good on corners and at higher speeds, but I think im going to get something else. I've ridden in my friends CL-S and he has Tein SS. I think I'm going to grab those with the EDFC controller. This will allow for a wider tire, 235 instead of 225. plus give me some options here in New england with going from smooth to rough road all the time.
Thanks for the feedback. Trying to decide what to pick up for my CL-S and I'm consistently hearing good stuff about the Teins. Time to look a little closer at those, I reckon.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TCM 01 CL-S

I have a question, I'm not sure how to read that last chart, Air/Fuel. It seems the A/F goes down with the CT. Would this allow for better gas mileage than the P2R set up?

Also, If I went with the CT, would the P2R TB spacer and Plenum still work, or would I have to go stock intake or P2R intake?
I wouldn't have a solid answer for you about your first question, but right now my gas mileage on my first fresh first tank, since the P2R intake, is on par with when I had the CT. Keep in mind I've been on the throttle a little more because of it

If you went with the CT (or any other intake for that matter), you could still use the plenums with absolutely no issue (thats how I had my car for several months). You could also use the TB spacer with the CT, but from when we looked at it, it seemed like it may be necessary to slightly trim one of the connections between the throttle body and the icebox itself. The P2R intake is designed only to work with the TB spacer.