Cops flashed his lights at me

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 09:00 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cops flashed his lights at me

You've seen this one before...you know, when the cops flash their overheads at you to get your attention. This is another V1 saves-the-day story. I'll keep it brief:

Lady cuts in front of me. We stop at the next light before entering the freeway, I'm behind her. On green, oh now she want to drive slow. So I whip around her and start to pull away, I'm doing at least 85/90 on the freeway as I approach a high bridge that goes into a nice curve (SB 69/Metcalf, south of 119th, after the Target (l) and police station (r) for those in OP).

It is pitch dark and I'm approaching the cops' favourite hangout, stationary in the center median, parallel to traffic. I just got a ticket last month so I don't need another (as if there's a good time for a ticket). This cop is dug-in well, there are no street lights around so he's completely blacked out, the highway is wide open for the rest of Kansas literally, speed limit is 65. The cop can see your approaching headlights long before you are in radar range and long before you can see him in the dark. And this is on a bridge going into a nice curve so he can see you coming while you're not even lined up to get clocked (i.e. he would be looking at a 45 degree angle to see you coming before you're lined up). He screwed up, he let out a brap. That would be K-band for all you newbies. Of course I hit the brakes cause I know where he's at. And I'm up next.

So when I get right up next to him, instead of getting a burst of radar (should have because I'm still in the left lane and my lights are blue), I get the parking lights flashing on and off. He must have known I was speeding and saw my dramatically slow down (I probably even dipped a little). He was pretty well dug in too and was completely hidden in the dark so he was waiting for the big fish. That's why he didn't radar me or flash the overheads, he wanted to stay very well hidden without giving anything away to the next [poor] guy.

That would have definitely been my second ticket in as many months (from the OPP) and since I've already doubled-down to a parking ticket, this would have been on my record. Yet another save by the almighty V1.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:09 PM
Burning Brakes

:D

Wonder if the Passport would have given me the same warning
Old 09-02-2002, 09:09 PM
?!?

a cop made me shit my pants by flashing his siren lights at me too...

i was stopped in the middle of the street side by side with my buddy and a cop rolled up behind us...

i shit a brick as i proceeded to drive normally with my friend at my side blocking the road for passing...

i guess the cop was in a rush, so he turned his siren/lights on and i thought i was gonna get a ticket, but the hobag just drove right by us...

one of many cop incidents in my life
Old 09-02-2002, 09:29 PM
www.drippinwet.com

i have a shirt that says "I Love Cops" looks good on a wheelie
Old 09-02-2002, 09:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 705 Likes on 547 Posts
Originally posted by acura_service
i have a shirt that says "I Love Cops" looks good on a wheelie
This is a sign to most of the cops that you indeed HATE them
Old 09-02-2002, 09:52 PM
Team Owner

Re: :D

Originally posted by JSuppi
Wonder if the Passport would have given me the same warning
Of course it would……….It would just have taken LONGER.

Shawn S
Old 09-02-2002, 10:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: :D

Originally posted by Shawn S
Of course it would……….It would just have taken LONGER.

Shawn S
we'll never know will we