Comptech Icebox Problem...pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009 | 01:43 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Wink

[quote=SG81;10627663]This one?

so you dont like my ride thats cool.but if your asking how to fix your air box.you must be broke living at home.just ask your mom for $5 for the epoxy and you will be as good as new.If that was me I would rip the whole box out right away before you suck up that sand and score your cylinders,peel of a couple of bills and get yourself a new one.feel free to check my comments on cardomain. my car cant be to bad it's #1 out of all 921 acura cl's. oyea one question.when is the last time you done any mods to your ride?because honesty I probally invested 7-8 grand into my ride in the last 9 months,and by looking at your pics,its probally more than your whole car is worth playa.just came in from installing red ambiance led's in my grills to match the red angle eyes I JUST bought last night.
Old 03-11-2009 | 01:46 PM
Socal

[QUOTE=richardparker;10627827]
Originally Posted by SG81
This one?

so you dont like my ride thats cool.but if your asking how to fix your air box.you must be broke living at home.just ask your mom for $5 for the epoxy and you will be as good as new.If that was me I would rip the whole box out right away before you suck up that sand and score your cylinders,peel of a couple of bills and get yourself a new one.feel free to check my comments on cardomain. my car cant be to bad it's #1 out of all 921 acura cl's. oyea one question.when is the last time you done any mods to your ride?because honesty I probally invested 7-8 grand into my ride in the last 9 months,and by looking at your pics,its probally more than your whole car is worth playa.just came in from installing red ambiance led's in my grills to match the red angle eyes I JUST bought last night.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH......

jackass
Old 03-11-2009 | 01:46 PM
Socal

Sick burn!
Old 03-11-2009 | 01:50 PM
Socal

you can spend thousands of dollars on a crazy ugly metal flake 2 tone pink and gold paint job.... doesnt mean it looks good. id rather be aircraft zinc primer green and stock before im in that gotti whip ur raping peoples eyes with
Old 03-11-2009 | 01:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

^
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:02 PM

[quote=BIGBOOMER77;10627873]you can spend thousands of dollars on a crazy ugly metal flake 2 tone pink and gold paint job.... doesnt mean it looks good. 2 tone pink.you need to get your eyes checked. paint is probally half my money spent.my car was completly stock 9 months ago,Id say thats progress.http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3152723
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:05 PM
Socal

im not sayin urs is 2 tone pink..... its an example....
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:07 PM
Socal

the fact that i dont have a double wing means my stock ride is better than urs.....
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:12 PM
Socal

ill give you this, ur exhaust sounds pretty nice
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by BIGBOOMER77
the fact that i dont have a double wing means my stock ride is better than urs.....
the fact is"at high speed you dont have as much stability as me".I'm not trying to argue but, your stock ride is not even comparible. Is your ride really stock?
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:22 PM
Socal

i cruise my whip. i hardly take it over 100mph ive been up to 135mph but thats rare and in a straight line, no need for corner stability when im not doing 50mph+ turns.

its pretty much stock yea.... my comptech springs go on in like a week or 2, other than that i have my system and tints and debadge
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:32 PM
3.5 psi

Listen richard parker, SG had a problem with his airbox and you chime in with some idiot response. He's looking for some ideas, which is what this forum is for. If you're just going to say "your engine bay looks like shit" then just don't post.
"but if your asking how to fix your air box.you must be broke living at home" --how does that make any sense?? If you checked, SG does have plenty of mods and has been around here for a long time. Just because you spend 7Gs on a car worth 7Gs doesn't mean your car is nicer than anyone else's car. If I had 7Gs to spend on my CL it would be looking much nicer than yours.
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

This one?

so you dont like my ride thats cool.but if your asking how to fix your air box.you must be broke living at home.just ask your mom for $5 for the epoxy and you will be as good as new.If that was me I would rip the whole box out right away before you suck up that sand and score your cylinders,peel of a couple of bills and get yourself a new one.

feel free to check my comments on cardomain. my car cant be to bad it's #1 out of all 921 acura cl's. oyea one question.when is the last time you done any mods to your ride?because honesty I probally invested 7-8 grand into my ride in the last 9 months,and by looking at your pics,its probally more than your whole car is worth playa.just came in from installing red ambiance led's in my grills to match the red angle eyes I JUST bought last night.
Ok ok ok my .02

That $5 comment was a good burn that being said..........

we're are not on car domain

if you invested that much money into your car and it looks like that....then you threw your money away

You say your car is worth more than his? No. I dont care if you did put the 8K into it, if you sell it, chances are its worth the same.

You mentioned red LED in the grill. Congratulations it officially rice.

A CL with a double wing, Red LED in the grill, with (according to you) over 8K invested (which did not add to the value of the car)

So my final opinion on your car:

The most valuable/expensive RICER out there

Again thats just my .02 which is probably insignificant to you but there you go
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:35 PM
Socal

^foreal.... everything i want to do to my ride would only cost like 3grand, come to think of it.... wat did you spend all that cash on?
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:40 PM
Missing My CL-S

Originally Posted by richardparker

Let me help you out b/c you have a lot of fail in your post "playa":

1) you think i'm broke and living at home? ah no, i'm not.

2) you really think you have the best looking CL on car domain? wtf, are you serious

3) I did stop modding my CL b/c I've done what i wanted to do to it and i have other priorities in life now. only thing left for me to do is add an ugly double decker wing like yours. i'll pass

4) so it's cost you $7-8k to make a perfectly nice car look like shit, good job.

5) you added red led's in your grill. what the hell is wrong with you?

I can't tell if you're going for the rice look or the redneck look?

and spending $7-8k on a 8-9 year old car doesn't mean you're ballin

Last edited by SG81; 03-11-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:44 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

This one?

For shits and giggles you should list your car on craiglist and see what the offers are like.

Now that your getting all defensive about what people on here think, you use the good ol' "Ive got more then you" bit. Classy. Real classy. Just like your wing. If you're trying to start a pissing match, be my guest. But I warn you, on this site, you will lose.
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by gnuts
Listen richard parker, SG had a problem with his airbox and you chime in with some idiot response. He's looking for some ideas, which is what this forum is for. If you're just going to say "your engine bay looks like shit" then just don't post.
"but if your asking how to fix your air box.you must be broke living at home" --how does that make any sense?? If you checked, SG does have plenty of mods and has been around here for a long time. Just because you spend 7Gs on a car worth 7Gs doesn't mean your car is nicer than anyone else's car. If I had 7Gs to spend on my CL it would be looking much nicer than yours.
listen I had my share of people giving me crap,big deal.and if you dont have money to fix the problem,commen sense goes a long way.with some thing of this nature. and I did give him some advise but ,I could help saying somthing about his pics.It turned my stomach that a so called cl owner would let his car get like that. I did the lux ride thing.but now its probally moving to more performance/rice now. The led's and red angel eyes are going to be lite from a switch that I putting in the dummy switch spot where the vsa would be. acually going to southern imports right now to get one.
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:48 PM

Oh, and by the way, you honestly think that cardomain is a reputable site?

Back when I had my 88 Civic hatch on there I was rated number one. It was blue. With black bumpers. Lowered and rolling on steelies. I had a shitty stereo in the car and an eBay intake.

So, again, cardomain is really reputable?
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Old 03-11-2009 | 02:55 PM
Missing My CL-S

if you dont have money to fix the problem,commen sense goes a long way.
who the hell said i didn't have the money to fix the problem? did you bump your head on the second level of your wing?

this thread was made to see if i was missing a clamp or ring and to see if this has happened to anyone else.

just get the fuck outta here. save some people's eyes and drive your car off a cliff. you can't annoy people if you're dead, just saying
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:55 PM
Socal

performance=rice? lights are cool IMO but if done wrong can get out of hand.
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:58 PM
Socal

who the hell said i didn't have the money to fix the problem? did you bump your head on the second level of your wing?

this thread was made to see if i was missing a clamp or ring and to see if this has happened to anyone else.

just get the fuck outta here. save some people's eyes and drive your car off a cliff. you can't annoy people if you're dead, just saying
i literally laughed out loud when i read that
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Oh, and by the way, you honestly think that cardomain is a reputable site?

Back when I had my 88 Civic hatch on there I was rated number one. It was blue. With black bumpers. Lowered and rolling on steelies. I had a shitty stereo in the car and an eBay intake.

So, again, cardomain is really reputable?
your car sounds sexy
Old 03-11-2009 | 02:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

DAYUM.....his car does look like its is silver with a PINK PEARL!!!!! I usually keep out of debates like this, but you come in here with 50 post's, and want to talk shit about someone's car who has been around this forum for almost 5 years....and you cant take the criticism back? How Hippocratic is that, its the kids like you and your "RICER" mentality that is turning this "ACURA FORUM" to shit! my advise.....GTF off of Azine, and go enjoy being #1 on cardomain.com! My tolerance for your immature BS is by far finished.
Old 03-11-2009 | 03:14 PM
I shave my change purse

Sonovabitch i literally spat coffee all over my keyboard when I saw the double wing

I thought you guys were joking
Old 03-11-2009 | 03:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BIGBOOMER77
i literally laughed out loud when i read that
me too
Old 03-11-2009 | 03:18 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by AnthraciteBeast
Yea because according to GreenMonster (lame) people complained to him that it wasnt a real car (OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!) And that offended him, MRSTEVE and other people

Kinda dumb
pwned.
Old 03-11-2009 | 03:25 PM
Missing My CL-S

Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
Sonovabitch i literally spat coffee all over my keyboard when I saw the double wing

I thought you guys were joking
i don't even know what's worse, his wing or the fact that he put red lights in his front grill
Old 03-11-2009 | 03:25 PM

your car sounds sexy
It got the ladies wet with the rust hole weight reduction
Old 03-11-2009 | 03:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by brianlin87
pwned.
lame - "pwned"
Old 03-11-2009 | 03:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
It got the ladies wet with the rust hole weight reduction
PICS!

This thread is hilarious.....thanks OP and I hope you get that Icebox fixed.

As for me, I'm going to add a third wing to my car, that way it will be rated higher than his "Number one rated CL on cardomain"
Old 03-11-2009 | 03:48 PM
Missing My CL-S

This thread is hilarious.....thanks OP and I hope you get that Icebox fixed.
thanks
Old 03-11-2009 | 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by TOPHER33884
DAYUM.....his car does look like its is silver with a PINK PEARL!!!!! I usually keep out of debates like this, but you come in here with 50 post's, and want to talk shit about someone's car who has been around this forum for almost 5 years....and you cant take the criticism back? How Hippocratic is that, its the kids like you and your "RICER" mentality that is turning this "ACURA FORUM" to shit! my advise.....GTF off of Azine, and go enjoy being #1 on cardomain.com! My tolerance for your immature BS is by far finished.
dude I dont ever have a prob with criticism.it doesnt get under my skin.Also I tried to give whoever the guy was in the first place a quick cheap fix.but I dont care how long someones a member or who they are personally,if you dont take care of your ride your gonna just drive it into the ground.And by the guy pic,he dont give a shit.I mean if my car make a noise of any kind,its fixed right then.period. and sorry ,richardparker is far from a kid.try 34 and been wrenching since I was a teen.
Old 03-11-2009 | 07:22 PM
Pro

^ and 51 posts on Azine, come back when you have a couple hundred at least.

Anyways SG81, if you PM an address and stuff I can see how much itll cost to send you my old AEM intake if you want..?
Old 03-11-2009 | 07:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

and sorry ,richardparker is far from a kid.try 34 and been wrenching since I was a teen.
Then i think you've been using the wrong wrench because that 2 story wing is

Dual wing official name: the richardparker

Example: YO DUDE I PICKED UP SOME NEONS AND A RICHARDPARKER TODAY AT AUTOZONE

sorry bro
Old 03-11-2009 | 07:34 PM

[quote=AnthraciteBeast;10629495]Then i think you've been using the wrong wrench because that 2 story wing is

Dual wing official name: the richardparker

Example: YO DUDE I PICKED UP SOME NEONS AND A RICHARDPARKER TODAY AT AUTOZONE

thats some funny shit.
Old 03-11-2009 | 07:58 PM
boosted is best

Originally Posted by Allout
I wouldn't be surprised if PVC glue worked to connect those pieces together. You can get it at Home Depot in the sprinkler area.
That's what I was thinking. But those pieces look more like ABS plastic. If that is the case, then you could buy some ABS glue.
Old 03-11-2009 | 08:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Dude this thread is PAINFUL to read. No offense to RichardParker but every one of his posts that we all read we get dumbbber and dumbberr from all the spelling and grammar errors.

And honestly, I spent money upgrading my CL but at this point the value is so low to drop 7-8k in upgrades and to think that you are going to get more than 20% of that back in resale is just straight REDICKULOUS (I spelled it how you would understand)

And as for the Original post, I agree with Allout and would use the PVC epoxy because I know that is meant to withstand all kinds of environments and conditions. Not sure about the other stuff though but I'm guessing it would work as good.

Much luck bro
Old 03-11-2009 | 09:13 PM
Blown is Best

the fact is"at high speed you dont have as much stability as me".I'm not trying to argue but, your stock ride is not even comparible. Is your ride really stock?

It's a big assumption that you have more stability at high speed - not fact.

If anything, that double wing is consuming HP due to drag.
Old 03-11-2009 | 09:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Too much bullshit going on to keep this thread going.

Richardparker, please don't turn another thread to crap. I will give you a if you can't play nice.

Sorry OP, hope you got your Icebox fixed.