Cocoa vs Turbo DC2 and Modded GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007 | 12:41 AM
2600lb CL

Cocoa vs Turbo DC2 and Modded GT

Well it was a normal day for me. Walked into Lowe's to pick up some Xylene (Xylol) to up my octane rating as my bottle was full from the dyno runs.

I went around where the usual car meets are at to see if anyone was on the freeway, (mainly just got off, then got back on) as I'm not a fan of racing on streets. Well, I come across a modded yellow GT mustang with nice sounding exhaust. I pull up next to him and pass him by about 1/3 of a car just to see if he'd react. Well, after a few good seconds, he pulled up next to me. I only put it in fourth since I was going by the assumption that he only had exhaust. Well, I let him gun it first, and then we took off. Didn't take much time at all for me to fly by him and ended it after a few seconds. (this was on nitrous btw)

Later that night as I was heading back home taking some side streets looking for the other freeway I could take. On my way, I came across a street where people were racing and found myself in line. I was sitting there, wondering what the best route to head back home was, when I saw turbo'd DC2 making a U turn to get in line to run. I sat there, hoping to go up another domestic, but then figured what the hell.

I waved him to get in line next to me and he did. We pull up to the flagger and I thought about what I was going to do. I didn't like the road, and I kind of had a change of heart. So as I was having these thoughts run through my head, I decided I was going to stop after 2nd gear. So, we take off, and I come off the line slowly, wanting him to get a little gain on me. He comes off the line spinning as I thought he would, and I came off at around 80% throttle right next to him (not wanting for the nitrous to activate from WOT). So, he gets a little bit of traction at the end of 1st, and I get a little scared as it was a nice lil jump for him. I'm still in first, so I give it a go, and instantly I run out of rpms as the nitrous is now activated from me deciding to go WOT. I ease into 2nd, and give it another go. It spins at the same time pulling on him. I pull by about 3-4 cars and chirp it into 3rd and end it as soon as I went into 3rd. He took off right after that, and never looked over...

I'm no longer inpressed with the car after my dyno pulls and will be looking into a stand alone and a good 10 hours of tuning on the dyno. Expect an update by the end of next month. The car will be handed over to the shop next Friday to diagnose the car, as I am certain it's in limp mode.
Old 08-10-2007 | 02:55 AM
Senior Moderator

That is 1 strong gotdamn limp mode lol. I wish my car's strong mode was as good as your limp mode!
Old 08-10-2007 | 05:25 PM
Lead Footed

Cocoa, you're sic'

I can't wait to see your little beast.

Be sure and watch the DFW meets thread on the October meet in Ennis.
Can you say Motorplex . . .

Ruf
Old 08-10-2007 | 05:51 PM
2600lb CL

Originally Posted by RUF87
Cocoa, you're sic'

I can't wait to see your little beast.

Be sure and watch the DFW meets thread on the October meet in Ennis.
Can you say Motorplex . . .

Ruf
Bad ass. My car should be running perfectly by then , unless I have a blown head gasket like we assume.
Old 08-13-2007 | 09:23 PM
drewLS6 soon

Originally Posted by Cocoa
Bad ass. My car should be running perfectly by then , unless I have a blown head gasket like we assume.
hopefully the axles will doa little better next time.

i need a race with u, but dont think ill win when your spraying
Old 08-13-2007 | 10:25 PM
sick wit it!

Homie, much respect to the legend! :gheywave:
Old 08-14-2007 | 05:12 PM
2600lb CL

Originally Posted by drewJ32A2
hopefully the axles will doa little better next time.

i need a race with u, but dont think ill win when your spraying
Let me know when. Although, my appointment to drop the car off at Jotech is for this Thursday morning. They leave Friday till Monday for a race event. So if I don't get the car back the same day, I won't have it till next week. But either way, pm, and I'll give you my number. We can go to the tracks whenever you want, or go on an open freeway late at night if you'd like.
Old 08-15-2007 | 05:29 PM
drewLS6 soon

Originally Posted by Cocoa
Let me know when. Although, my appointment to drop the car off at Jotech is for this Thursday morning. They leave Friday till Monday for a race event. So if I don't get the car back the same day, I won't have it till next week. But either way, pm, and I'll give you my number. We can go to the tracks whenever you want, or go on an open freeway late at night if you'd like.
thats cool.

i dont have the rsx any more though
Old 08-16-2007 | 12:43 AM
Banned

I think my car is running in some kind of slow mod that not throwing any codes. That or it needs so air fuel work.