Old 09-26-2002, 03:36 PM
im back

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah thats where i was gonna post. We'll see what happens
Old 09-26-2002, 04:37 PM
1st Gear

Originally posted by I am RobG
In that race(not sounding stuck up or anything) it was all about the driver which is more or less what our cars are. CLS vs GT is pretty much about the driver, road and track tested the gt at 0-60 6.1 and 1/4 in 14.7 motorweek tested our car 0-60 in 5.9 and 1/4 in 14.6....
this may have already been posted, but i didn't feel like reading every post.

did anyone actually read that C&D article? the temp was 90+ degrees on the day of testing. i think it was 97 to be exact. Motor Trend pulled a 6.1 0-60 in a automatic vert for Christs sake. Road and Track ran a 0-60 in 5.4 and 1/4 in 14.00 @ 100 in the first 99 GT they tested. please, don't magazine race. i've seen a stock 5spd GT pull a 13.7 before. and a auto pull a 14.1.

not flaming anyone, i'm just stating facts. if you don't believe me, look in the mags, mustang forums, and go to the track.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:58 PM
im back

um...we're done with magazine talk and we're setting up a track date, come a little earlier next time to join the fun
Old 09-26-2002, 06:40 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

well, we got one so far besides myself...unfortunately, the other GT willing was from RI.....
Old 09-26-2002, 06:44 PM
3rd Gear

Re: Re: Re: Re: Way too hot...

Originally posted by SilverBullet
People seem to forget the Mustang doesn't have good gearing stock, and it also doesn't have the highway grunt we do due to gearing.
Well I'm in SA and I go to the Alamo and RCR quite a bit if you want to test your car against a mildly modded auto Stang. I'll be your Huckleberry. PM me. We'll work it out.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:49 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Way too hot...

Originally posted by Dopplestanger
Well I'm in SA and I go to the Alamo and RCR quite a bit if you want to test your car against a mildly modded auto Stang. I'll be your Huckleberry. PM me. We'll work it out.
heeeeeeeeeeeeeey...I said the Huckleberry thing already.....
Old 09-26-2002, 07:01 PM
3rd Gear

Hey, don't be so high strung...
Old 09-26-2002, 07:03 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Way too hot...

Already got a run setup. Tomorrow night we are meeting at Sonic off Nacodoches rd and 1604. Your more than welcome to show of course.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:08 PM
3rd Gear

What time? I get off at 11:00pm, but I am very close to there.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:19 PM
Banned

What time? I get off at 11:00pm, but I am very close to there.
We are there at 10pm. But not sure when we will leave, check there, sams off 35 and judson, and anchor marine between judson and nacodoches rd on the access rd of 1604.

Those are the 3 places we all go around that time of night.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:03 PM
4th Gear

Originally posted by BlueStangVert
And I personally know 2001 GT owners with nothing more than a short-throw shifter and a K&N filter that run the same or better.
Well, I have a few more mods than that. As of right now, I have only a few mods in the performance department (most of what I have is suspension and it's not even set up for drag racing) and I'm running consistent 13.7s and have dipped into the 13.6's a few times in 80+ degree temps and 80+ percent humidity. You can see my mods and my best ET in my signature.

My mother has a brand new 2003 Acura CL Type S and I have gotten the chance to drive it many times. I must say that the car definitely has the power, but lacks the torque. It doesn't compare to a new Mustang GT in terms of speed. But the car is definitely impressive otherwise. I don't see it running faster than about 14.5 or so at the track, though (stock anyway). I expect hers will stay stock, too.

You also have to remember that a stock 99+ Mustang GT has over 300 lb/ft of torque at a mere 4000 rpms. Torque can win a race just as much as horsepower can. Just ask anyone with nitrous.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:17 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Kurgan
Well, I have a few more mods than that. As of right now, I have only a few mods in the performance department (most of what I have is suspension and it's not even set up for drag racing) and I'm running consistent 13.7s and have dipped into the 13.6's a few times in 80+ degree temps and 80+ percent humidity. You can see my mods and my best ET in my signature.

My mother has a brand new 2003 Acura CL Type S and I have gotten the chance to drive it many times. I must say that the car definitely has the power, but lacks the torque. It doesn't compare to a new Mustang GT in terms of speed. But the car is definitely impressive otherwise. I don't see it running faster than about 14.5 or so at the track, though (stock anyway). I expect hers will stay stock, too.

You also have to remember that a stock 99+ Mustang GT has over 300 lb/ft of torque at a mere 4000 rpms. Torque can win a race just as much as horsepower can. Just ask anyone with nitrous.

And shitty gearing.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Banned

Damn, who invited all these Mustang fags?
Old 09-26-2002, 09:24 PM
im back

still NO replies from the CL people, all talk i see. I guess i'm the only one with any testicles on this forum.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:27 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

still NO replies from the CL people, all talk i see. I guess i'm the only one with any testicles on this forum.
LOL...yeah well...we'll see, the Stangers are starting to pick it up..

Pull_T, you are a NUT! LOL
Old 09-27-2002, 12:20 AM
4th Gear

And shitty gearing.
So why is it that a Mustang GT is STILL a little faster than a CL-S if it's got such "shitty gearing" and a CL-S doesn't??

Oh wait, you people still don't understand the concept of TORQUE.

I'd like to see a CL-S do a 13.6 on as few performance mods with "shitty gearing." It takes a number of mods just to get one to go 13.6 even with your undoubtedly awesome gearing. I don't see it happening. I guess if we had as good as gears as you it wouldn't even be a competition anymore.

3.27 gears aren't shitty gears on a Mustang. When you have a car with as much torque as ours do you would understand why. For the average driver, much more gear than that is too much. All the average driver would do is roast the tires. In previous model years, however, 3.08 and even 2.73 gears were available. THOSE are shitty gears. Experienced drivers and racers will typically choose 3.73 or 4.10 gears because they know how to apply their horsepower and torque to the ground.

How about I chime back in in a couple of months when I get my 4.10 gears in and I'll tell you how much more I'm beating your 1/4 mile times by.

Cheers.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:01 AM
im back

if you put 4:10 gears on the stock rear of a mustang you would blow to to shreds. especially if you put drag radials/slicks and got the tires to hook up, you'd blow it to pieces. thats when you have to change the rear to a posi 12 bolt, that right there is just fun.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:29 AM
Virile, vigorous & potent

I do! 355 foot-pounds of it at 2000rpm.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:03 AM
4th Gear

if you put 4:10 gears on the stock rear of a mustang you would blow to to shreds. especially if you put drag radials/slicks and got the tires to hook up, you'd blow it to pieces. thats when you have to change the rear to a posi 12 bolt, that right there is just fun.
Hence the reason my 4.10 gears are going in along with an Eaton Posi diff and 31 spline Moser axles.

I wouldn't put slicks on a Mustang with a stock rear with ANY gear. Period. Recipe for destruction.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:05 AM
4th Gear

Originally posted by lyonsd
I do! 355 foot-pounds of it at 2000rpm.
NICE.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:20 AM
Burning Brakes

i coulda sworn i signed on to an acura forum
wtf?

i had only 355's on my 88 gt, and wheelspin was the order of the day on stock tires
yeah, most of us do not know what torque really is, i do tho

lol
Old 09-27-2002, 10:34 AM
im back

mmmmmm eaton posi.....roast tires all day.....
Old 09-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Banned

You are really dumb. Trap speeds show how fast the car actually is and since the CL-S has about the same trap speed to a bit higher than GT stangs, It is as fast.

The reason WHY they haven't hit 13s is the big reason. FWD. You guys get traction, we do not. Your TQ doesn't mean jack. You know why, because of the power curve and usable power of that Torque on the stang sucks. IF that is all 300lb of tq can do, its pretty sad. When a CL-S with 232lb tq or a Maxima or Altima with 246tq can beat GT stangs all the time now, lol its all about GEARING.

So why is it that a Mustang GT is STILL a little faster than a CL-S if it's got such "shitty gearing" and a CL-S doesn't??

I'd like to see a CL-S do a 13.6 on as few performance mods with "shitty gearing." It takes a number of mods just to get one to go 13.6 even with your undoubtedly awesome gearing. I don't see it happening. I guess if we had as good as gears as you it wouldn't even be a competition anymore.

3.27 gears aren't shitty gears on a Mustang. When you have a car with as much torque as ours do you would understand why. For the average driver, much more gear than that is too much. All the average driver would do is roast the tires. In previous model years, however, 3.08 and even 2.73 gears were available. THOSE are shitty gears. Experienced drivers and racers will typically choose 3.73 or 4.10 gears because they know how to apply their horsepower and torque to the ground.

How about I chime back in in a couple of months when I get my 4.10 gears in and I'll tell you how much more I'm beating your 1/4 mile times by.

Cheers.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:58 AM
Banned

Also FYI, I had a car WITH ALOT MORE TQ than yours. 99 TransAm LS1 6spd. It was funny handing mustangs there asses with ease and reving while running. :P

Cheers.
Old 09-27-2002, 01:34 PM
im back

so then why dont we stop talking all this shit and settle the races in E-town. Except for some reason all the CL's on this board are all talk, i beat mustangs i beat mustangs but now we get a chance to actually do it and like 2 people wanna go. If thats the case then stop talking and actually go. We'll get a date if we get enough people.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:28 PM
Virile, vigorous & potent

You are really dumb. Trap speeds show how fast the car actually is and since the CL-S has about the same trap speed to a bit higher than GT stangs, It is as fast.

The reason WHY they haven't hit 13s is the big reason. FWD. You guys get traction, we do not. Your TQ doesn't mean jack. You know why, because of the power curve and usable power of that Torque on the stang sucks. IF that is all 300lb of tq can do, its pretty sad. When a CL-S with 232lb tq or a Maxima or Altima with 246tq can beat GT stangs all the time now, lol its all about GEARING.
Actually, torque matters a lot. Take, for example, the two cars in my sig in bone stock trim:

'88 Mustang: 225 hp @ 4400 rpm, 300 ft-lb @ 3200 rpm
'87 Buick GN: 245 hp @ 4400 rpm, 355 ft-lb @ 2000 rpm

The GN also weighs ~300 lbs more than a fully loaded GT with a 5-speed.

When these two cars race, the GN will get the GT off the line and pick up a couple of car lengths. The GT will then start slowly reeling it in at the eigth-mile or so. The GN reaches the ¼-mile mark first, but the GT is going faster when it gets there.

Carroll Shelby onced said "Torque wins races. Horsepower sells cars".
Old 09-27-2002, 03:52 PM
Banned

Sorry but 1/4 race TQ might win but we are talking about a race from a roll. If its a roll the cl-s WILL walk a Maxima easily. HP again wins races MOST OF THE TIME. TQ is only off the line 1/4 style races. And even at that, the maxima only has a little more TQ than us.

You run a CL-S 1/4 with a 6spd Maxima 1/4, if you took it to 1/2 a mile, 120mph opr so, the CL-S will be past the Maxima guranteed.

Originally posted by lyonsd
Actually, torque matters a lot. Take, for example, the two cars in my sig in bone stock trim:

'88 Mustang: 225 hp @ 4400 rpm, 300 ft-lb @ 3200 rpm
'87 Buick GN: 245 hp @ 4400 rpm, 355 ft-lb @ 2000 rpm

The GN also weighs ~300 lbs more than a fully loaded GT with a 5-speed.

When these two cars race, the GN will get the GT off the line and pick up a couple of car lengths. The GT will then start slowly reeling it in at the eigth-mile or so. The GN reaches the ¼-mile mark first, but the GT is going faster when it gets there.

Carroll Shelby onced said "Torque wins races. Horsepower sells cars".
Old 09-27-2002, 03:54 PM
Banned

So if TQ wins races so muchm then how come a Mustang GT with 260hp and 300+ TQ can loose to Maximas, Altimas and Cl-S's?

That's what I thought.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:45 PM
Banned

Silver Bullet:

You are full of shit. Does a stock CLS 6M trap 100+?

No. A stock GT does. Back in your hole.

The offer still stands for River City fuckstick.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Pull_T
Silver Bullet:

You are full of shit. Does a stock CLS 6M trap 100+?

No. A stock GT does. Back in your hole.
That is an accurate assessment. You live in Texas, why dont you get some of your Stang friends meet up with Silverbullet and let Mr. Ben Franklin do the talking, I bet he runs away with his tail between his legs. Please Bring a Camcorder and tape it so I can get a good laugh.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Maximized
That is an accurate assessment. You live in Texas, why dont you get some of your Stang friends meet up with Silverbullet and let Mr. Ben Franklin do the talking, I bet he runs away with his tail between his legs. Please Bring a Camcorder and tape it so I can get a good laugh.
That;s okay, I have already been setup tonight to run a few GT stangs with video to prove. LOL

So I guess everyone here who has beat a GT stang, and on Altimas.net and Maxima.org and so on are wrong right?

Okay whatever Pull.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:54 PM
Banned

That;s okay, I have already been setup tonight to run a few GT stangs with video to prove. LOL

So I guess everyone here who has beat a GT stang, and on Altimas.net and Maxima.org and so on are wrong right?

Okay whatever Pull.
No, they had those kills. It's when you make an inference that you CLS is *faster* based on that particular race.

Typical statement I disagree: "Yeah, our CLSs will take a GT, I beat one the other day"
Old 09-27-2002, 06:57 PM
Banned

No, they had those kills. It's when you make an inference that you CLS is *faster* based on that particular race.

Typical statement I disagree: "Yeah, our CLSs will take a GT, I beat one the other day"
Others are making those statements too.

lol

Yes I have ran GT's and plan too tonight (www.texasracingscene.com under sa racing). I have my digicam which records as well, no sound but it will do the job if I can find aplace to put it while I race.

True, I have a friend with a 00 GT, he ran 14.2 stock trap speed I don't recall, like 98~. He put gears and intake, he did 13.5 at 101~

So anyways, the GT should be faster, very true, but it seems per the races I am seeing and mine, there is something missing.

I am not here to become an enemy of you pull, or anyone else. I am just stating my opinion.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:59 PM
Suzuka Master

I dont understand how a said CL-S that runs a 15.3@93 MPH is beating Stangs that are capable of low 14s@~100. Why dont you take up on Pull T's offer to run???
Old 09-27-2002, 07:02 PM
Banned

Old 09-27-2002, 07:04 PM
Banned

Why dont you take up on Pull T's offer to run???
Dunno, I think I'm out of his league, but then again, look at that long list of mods he has....I'd have to come up with a modded GT for him to run prolly.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Dunno, I think I'm out of his league, but then again, look at that long list of mods he has....I'd have to come up with a modded GT for him to run prolly.
If I ran my mouth as much as him Id at least have the guts to come out and run. Its all for fun....No money on the line? The only thing that is hurt is the losers pride.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:44 PM
Banned

If I ran my mouth as much as him Id at least have the guts to come out and run. Its all for fun....No money on the line? The only thing that is hurt is the losers pride.
Like I said, I am running 2 stangs tonight.

www.texasracingscene.com under sa racing.

I have plenty of guts. I don't spew crap like you do and your childish behavior.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:52 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

All I know is I'm ready when the NJ/NY CL-S guys are ready to go to ETown....

I'm not skurred.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Like I said, I am running 2 stangs tonight.

www.texasracingscene.com under sa racing.

I have plenty of guts. I don't spew crap like you do and your childish behavior.
Seems like your very popular over at that forum too

Quick Reply: CLS Vs. GT stang