CLS vs 05 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Mmmmm...sausage...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This string has gone from a "who is fastser" thread (It's obvious which car that is), to a "who has more luxury" thread and it's obvious which car that is as well.

A note to those who stereotype the GTO as a "typical Pontiac", the only thing Pontiac about the GTO is the badging. Also the GM LS2 can be considered "Pontiac", but the car is made in Australia, based on the Holden Manaro.

I drove my CL-S for over 4 years. Loved every mile of it. The only problem I ever had was a blown out AC hose. I do miss the luxuries, but after 4 months in a new GTO now, I don't regret my descision at all.

The GTO is not at all about bling. You can call my car a plain, "bloated Cavalier" with plastic interior all you want. Just don't do it sitting next to me at the light

Congrats on the goat, blueglows!

Jabo
Old 09-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Jabodacious
This string has gone from a "who is fastser" thread (It's obvious which car that is), to a "who has more luxury" thread and it's obvious which car that is as well.

A note to those who stereotype the GTO as a "typical Pontiac", the only thing Pontiac about the GTO is the badging. Also the GM LS2 can be considered "Pontiac", but the car is made in Australia, based on the Holden Manaro.

I drove my CL-S for over 4 years. Loved every mile of it. The only problem I ever had was a blown out AC hose. I do miss the luxuries, but after 4 months in a new GTO now, I don't regret my descision at all.

The GTO is not at all about bling. You can call my car a plain, "bloated Cavalier" with plastic interior all you want. Just don't do it sitting next to me at the light

Congrats on the goat, blueglows!

Jabo
First of all, Jabo, since you're no longer an Acura owner why are you still on Acurazine? Secondly, Jabo, why do you advertise Pontiac GTO hp and torque numbers in your tag when everybody already knows the stats on that car? Thirdly, if the GTO was some overpriced exotic car perhaps somebody would be envious but since the GTO is just an average priced car that almost anyone can afford I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't care if Ming the Merciless designed the GTO it's an average car with a big engine under the hood. You make it seem like Pontiac took this car right off the showroom floor with the warranty sheet still stuck to the driver's side window to the 24 hours of Lemans and beat out Mercedes, Ferrari, and Corvette. You also make is seem like Pontiac has never come out with a musclecar until 2006. If you're excited about your car, then I'm happy for you but you're barking up the wrong tree here at least with me. I checked out the car and I still walked away from it.

And lastly it doesn't even make sense to compare an older front wheel drive luxury sports car to a newer rear wheel drive American musclecar. Does that make since to you? Does that make since to anybody on Acurazine? No. So why is this conversation even happening. Damn - at least if you're going to compare a foreign sports car to an American sports car, compare the 350Z to the GTO. At least the 350Z is a current car, it's rear wheel drive, and it did beat the Mustang GT.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Blown LS6!!

Originally Posted by Sideswipe
First of all, Jabo, since you're no longer an Acura owner why are you still on Acurazine? Secondly, Jabo, why do you advertise Pontiac GTO hp and torque numbers in your tag when everybody already knows the stats on that car? Thirdly, if the GTO was some overpriced exotic car perhaps somebody would be envious but since the GTO is just an average priced car that almost anyone can afford I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't care if Ming the Merciless designed the GTO it's an average car with a big engine under the hood. You make it seem like Pontiac took this car right off the showroom floor with the warranty sheet still stuck to the driver's side window to the 24 hours of Lemans and beat out Mercedes, Ferrari, and Corvette. You also make is seem like Pontiac has never come out with a musclecar until 2006. If you're excited about your car, then I'm happy for you but you're barking up the wrong tree here at least with me. I checked out the car and I still walked away from it.

And lastly it doesn't even make sense to compare an older front wheel drive luxury sports car to a newer rear wheel drive American musclecar. Does that make since to you? Does that make since to anybody on Acurazine? No. So why is this conversation even happening. Damn - at least if you're going to compare a foreign sports car to an American sports car, compare the 350Z to the GTO. At least the 350Z is a current car, it's rear wheel drive, and it did beat the Mustang GT.

You gonna ask me to leave Acurazine too?? Even though I don't own an Acura anymore does not mean I'm not an Acura enthusiast. It also does not mean I won't some day own another Acura. And when did you become a moderator and decide that people actually cared about your own personal thoughts? You do not represent the feelings of most Acurazine members here. Does that make "since" to you?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Mmmmm...sausage...

You obviously read a lot into my post that isn't there. Where did I insinuate any of these things? The only car I "made it seem like the Pontiac could beat" was the CL-S. Read my post again.

That is EXACTLY what I was saying in my post. How did you miss that?

The CL is still a very nice car with great perfomance. Don't be so insecure about your ride. No matter what you drive, someone out there is going to be faster. Fact of life.

Jabo
Old 09-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Seattle Cl-S
You gonna ask me to leave Acurazine too?? Even though I don't own an Acura anymore does not mean I'm not an Acura enthusiast. It also does not mean I won't some day own another Acura. And when did you become a moderator and decide that people actually cared about your own personal thoughts? You do not represent the feelings of most Acurazine members here. Does that make "since" to you?
Firstly, there is a big difference between being an enthusiast and someone that sold their Acura and runs back into Acurazine bragging about having bought what they think is a much better car.

Secondly, no one, including myself, said anything about anyone having to leave Acurazine because they don't own an Acura or even if they had an Acura and sold it to get another car.

If you aspire to own an Acura someday that's cool but if you're a person that sold your Acura, got another make of car but you're hanging around bragging about what's better, then you tell me what the point is to that?

Let's get one thing straight here. You can read every single post I've made on this website and you'll never find a comment I made where it says "I represent the collective opinion of Acurazine." I speak my mind - end of story. Now how about you try to make sense out of that and find something better to do with your time instead of trying to put words in someone's mouth.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Jabodacious
You obviously read a lot into my post that isn't there. Where did I insinuate any of these things? The only car I "made it seem like the Pontiac could beat" was the CL-S. Read my post again.

That is EXACTLY what I was saying in my post. How did you miss that?

The CL is still a very nice car with great perfomance. Don't be so insecure about your ride. No matter what you drive, someone out there is going to be faster. Fact of life.

Jabo
No. I read what I needed to read in your post. Answer this question for me, Jabo: How can I be insecure about my car when I went and looked at a GTO before I bought my CLS and still opted for the CLS? It wasn't about money it was about preference. The only ones that are insecure about their CLS are these kids that obssess over lighter pullies, POP chargers, superchargers, CAI, catback exhausts, turbochargers, blah, blah, blah, blah, and pissed off because it's a front wheel drive car and a mild tranny yet THIS IS A DATED, DISCONTINUED LUXURY CAR.

Not only did I look at a GTO, I also looked at a 350Z and a Honda S2000 and still bought a CLS. Maybe it should sink in your head that I might actually like the car for what it is designed to do instead of whinning and obssessing over horsepower and torque? In fact, is there somewhere on Acurazine where somebody actually appreciates their CLS in stock form? Damn!
Old 09-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Mmmmm...sausage...

No. I read what I needed to read in your post. Answer this question for me, Jabo: How can I be insecure about my car when I went and looked at a GTO before I bought my CLS and still opted for the CLS?
I did nothing to provoke the attitude you came at me with. I praised my CL in that post, but all you read was "GTO IS FASTER". While that is fact, it should not have upset you. Why would any CL owner be offended by my post?

Chill out dude,

Jabo
Old 09-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Jabo & Sideswipe, please take you disagreement to PM and work it out there.

thanks
Old 09-07-2007, 01:11 AM
THE J35A2...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike
Jabo & Sideswipe, please take you disagreement to PM and work it out there.

thanks

awwww, come onnnnnnn!

Old 09-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Racer

There's nothing to work out. I'm good.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:12 PM
SOLD 9/11/06 Parts 4 Sale

Let's put things in perspective here, first of all, when you compare the GTO to the CLS. The GTO is a newer car that is designed more for performance than luxury. The CLS is an older car that's designed more for luxury than performance.

Okay right off the top I'm just going to tell you right now I'm not a Pontiac fan in the least. Never have been and never will be. There's this certain cheapness feel and look to Pontiac cars that has plagued them for decades. Back in the 90's I test drove the Trans Am with the LT-1 V8 and 6spd tranny first and test drove the Acura CL2.2 and went with the Acura.

For some reason a lot of young people on Acurazine have overlooked Acura's intended target audience when they decided to come out with the CLS. They intended to target an older audience (late 30's early 40's) that leaned more towards luxury than performance but you have people running around here in their early 20's trying to turn this car into something Acura didn't intend for the car to be. In my opinion the CLS is perfect for what it was designed to be - it was designed to out perform the BMW 330Ci at a lower price. In the New Millenium I checked out the CLS first and the GTO second. I went with the Acura again.

I prefer the smoother ride and much less road and exhaust noise of the CLS. I clock a lot of highway miles as well as a lot of shitty bumper-to-bumper traffic, so I don't give a damn about a 6spd tranny. A lot of people on this site bitch and whine about the SS mode of the CLS but I love it. If I want the manual-like feel I can mess around with gate shifting. If I want some peace after a long day at work I'll keep it in auto.

I primarily purchased the CLS for the luxury features - no sunroof in the GTO? Fuck no!! No sunroof in the 350Z either? Forget it. And the G version has too many problems.

True bucket seats is not a good trade off considering all the other options the CLS offers.

Wait a minute. I thought we were talking about a sports car. Acura designed the CLS to be a coupe and to have a coupe feel. Pontiac got confused in that category with the GTO. If I wanted a sedan feel I would have purchased a Maxima or a TL.

Ummmmm, last time I checked the CLS also has steering wheel mounted audio controls. And hopefully with GTO being 5 years newer than the CLS you'd think the GTO would be better updated. But as far as this computer thing goes I don't know what you're talking about. Little video game do-dads like a digital MPH and a stop watch won't make me want go ga ga for a GTO especially when, once again, the GTO lacks so much more in the accessory/luxury department than the much older CLS.

You're right. The GTO is not for me. I took a look at the car and simply walked away from it. Once again, considering the CLS is a much older car it is in my opinion just as good if not superior to the GTO in every category except obviously in the performance department. Pontiac has always been known, particularly, since the 80's, for trying to turn heads with edgy, flamboyant styling that gets old very quickly. I prefer the Acura's clean, minimalist styling.

Umm, when you place a Pontiac next to cars like Ferraris, GT40s and Corvettes you really don't belong whether you realize it or not. I'm not trying to be insulting I'm just telling you the truth.

How old are you...12?

I am comparing two cars that I have owned. I said the positives and negatives of each. While you come here talking shit about every single part of the GTO.

I am not saying that the true bucket seats are enough to sell the car, but its a positive and it is something that the CL did not have. A sun roof is also not enough to sell a car either... get the point?

and "UUUUMMMMMM" GTO's and corvettes have meets together if you did not know it is pretty much the same car as far as internals. I am not the only idiot at the car show with a gto... there are more GTO's and corvettes than ferraris and porsches.

Go learn something about the car before you talk shit about it... just because you stood next to it does not mean you know the car.

Why are you comparing the gto with other pontiacs? its not even a pontiac its a Holden, pontiac just put its logo on it... so wtf does that have to do with the car?

Old 09-09-2007, 11:24 PM

And by the way, no not everyone can afford this car. You look at the price tag like a little kid. Just because the MSRP is $35k, it does not mean that if you have the money you can afford it. You might be able to afford a TL for $35k but not a GTO.

Do you know the expenses involved with cars like this, or you let your parents pay all the bills?

This is my weekend car, and sometimes I drive it during the week and I still end up paying over $100 in gas. (9-10 mpg city) With the CLS i was only paying $40 for the whole week.

Oil change will run you about $90. (CLS was around $30)

2 tires are $450.

Never mind modifications, and other regular services (brakes, clutch etc).

So you are not just paying $35k.

This is why this car can not be afforded by everyone because IT IS NOT A DAILY CAR, its a car you drive on the weekends to show off.

You remind me of those honda civic owners that can talk shit about my car all day long and say that they can drop a turbo and do circles around my car.

Don't let jealousy get the best of you kid. Learn to appreciate something if its nice, even though it's not yours.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
Honestly those times don't mean much, you can say a car has the potential to do so and so, but i've seen these GTO's run mid 14's at LACR with a decent driver, so there are a lot of variables that can turn the table and persuade you that your CL still has a chance. However they do dyno around 360whp if Serges GTO can be used as an example of an LS2 AT with only a few small mods.

I took mine to the track 2 months after I got it. (This was my first manual car so I had 2 months of experience...just so you dont say that I must be a professional driver) and I ran 13.3 at 107mph BONE STOCK.

So you can't compare cars by saying oh i saw one run 15's because if you take a cls to the track, miss 3rd gear and you run mid 16's that does not prove anything and you are going to have Scion drivers saying oh the cls is slow it ran 16's at the track, we can abuse it.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:30 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by blueglows

And by the way, no not everyone can afford this car. You look at the price tag like a little kid. Just because the MSRP is $35k, it does not mean that if you have the money you can afford it. You might be able to afford a TL for $35k but not a GTO.

Do you know the expenses involved with cars like this, or you let your parents pay all the bills?

This is my weekend car, and sometimes I drive it during the week and I still end up paying over $100 in gas. (9-10 mpg city) With the CLS i was only paying $40 for the whole week.

Oil change will run you about $90. (CLS was around $30)

2 tires are $450.

Never mind modifications, and other regular services (brakes, clutch etc).

So you are not just paying $35k.

This is why this car can not be afforded by everyone because IT IS NOT A DAILY CAR, its a car you drive on the weekends to show off.

You remind me of those honda civic owners that can talk shit about my car all day long and say that they can drop a turbo and do circles around my car.

Don't let jealousy get the best of you kid. Learn to appreciate something if its nice, even though it's not yours.

Mine is my daily driver, for over a year I put 300 miles a day on it. Tires are the same price as any other car. Oil changes? Same, as my CL except an extra $8 for some more oil

I don't know how you get such shitty gas mileage, i avg 19-22...same as my CL.

Oh, and MSRP is 33, I got mine new for 29 in jan of 06
Old 09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by typeR
im not sure where ormond beach is,im in pasco fl. if you'd like to see just how fast a CL-S can be ,ill be more then glad to run your friends GTO...but bring cash cause i dont take american express...

BTW no S/C here im allmotor

I wish you were out here typeR I'd take you up on that offer in a heartbeat.

W/ a MILD canned tune, my car layed down 370/370 to the wheels....only mod. THe car pulls HARD on the highway, sucks from a dig actually.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:37 PM
teh Senior Instigator

I sincerely fail to see where the GTO's interior design is so much better than the CLS's interior. And when you factor in the GTO being a much newer car and that's the best they can do, then frankly I'm disappointed.

the interior design is actually OLDER then the CL-S
Old 09-10-2007, 04:38 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by distortedolskool
i believe pontiac hired rubbermaid for that interior. doesn't look that nice to me but then again GM/Chevrolet aren't known for nice interiors.

you've never sat in this car then.....when was the last time you saw use of suede in an acura?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:39 PM
teh Senior Instigator

By the way, did anyone notice the BOOT on the stick in the GTO (On a late model car)? The last boot I remember seeing on a car was in a 1985 Nissan Maxima.
I can't think of many stick cars that don't have boots
Old 09-10-2007, 04:40 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
Honestly those times don't mean much, you can say a car has the potential to do so and so, but i've seen these GTO's run mid 14's at LACR with a decent driver, so there are a lot of variables that can turn the table and persuade you that your CL still has a chance. However they do dyno around 360whp if Serges GTO can be used as an example of an LS2 AT with only a few small mods.

i've seen vipers run 15's. And LACR is one of the slowest tracks in the country. Bottom line is, w/ equal drivers, the GTO is the faster car. There may be 3-4 CL-S's that would give a STOCK GTO a run for it's money.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
teh Senior Instigator

wow, this guy is an idiot:

PM from Blueglows:

"hy do u have to post bs about a gto saying that you own one when u dont and you dont know shit about it.

first how the fuk is oil the same when one car is a 6.0L and one is a 3.2.

synthetic oil (6.5 bottles) the price for the whole oil change is $88.

The cl's oil change was around 30.

You are getting 19-22mpg? what 100% highway driving at 60mph in 6th? yea sure at 60mph in 6th i can get 26mpg. i am talking about regular driving in the city i avg out 10mpg.

mix 70 city ad 30 highway i get around 13mpg

all highway i get 25-26

how are tires the same price when a stock gto has 245's?
mine has 18 inch rims and 235's and tires are still more than 215's on the cls

do you know much stock 18" gto rims go for?

god forbid you crack one, if you are lucky you can find 4 for 1,000

cls rims (yes the type-s) are no more than $600"

1. Yes, you are right, I don't own a GTO.....

2. what the CL took 4.6 quarts if i'm not mistaken possibly more. GTO takes 6.5 quarts. I pay $4-5 a quart for synthetic oil. so it's roughly 8-10 more. You probably weren't smart enough to put synthetic in your CL, but anyone who cares about their engine does. So it's $8-10 more for a GTO oil change for me.

3. I do equal city and hwy driving, I avg 18-22 mpg. Don't have to believe me. I don't baby the car either. Car actually runs most efficient around 3K.

4. Tires aren't that much more expensive...a 225/40/17 vs a 245/40/18 is about $30, if that. (Toyo T1R, 17" 127, 18" 142) So it'a actually $18 more per tire....about $80 for a set.

5. Yes, the upgraded 18" wheels go for about $1000 for a good set....a set of 17's will cost you $300-400 ....so they are cheaper then the CL-s's 17's. Good single GTO wheels will run you about $300

I don't know what you are trying to do here, but you are a moron. With all this said, I love the CL-S and think it's a great car and have nothing bad to say about it.

Here is a picture of my GTO that doesn't exist.

here is the dyno for the GTO I do not own (ignore the magnaflow exhaust label, I don't have an aftermarket exhaust system...my tuner works for magnaflow and we used their dyno) I do have a dyno of the car making 370/370...but it's not on the net and not on this comp

Old 09-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ Nice numbers on said car that is not
Old 09-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Mmmmm...sausage...

Nice looking goat, love the Manaro fascia! Nice numbers. What are the specs on the cam your running? Headers/exhaust too?

Your milage sounds about right. I don't get quite that much, but it's still new to me and I have not been driving it as conservatively as I usually drive. Run it a little high in the RPMs to hear the roar

Some folks can sure get cranky out here lately. Must be the summer heat
Old 09-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Blown LS6!!

I thought this thread got closed??
Old 09-10-2007, 07:32 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by Seattle Cl-S
I thought this thread got closed??
it got reopened for a bit
Old 09-10-2007, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by CLpower
wow, this guy is an idiot:

PM from Blueglows:

1. Yes, you are right, I don't own a GTO.....

2. what the CL took 4.6 quarts if i'm not mistaken possibly more. GTO takes 6.5 quarts. I pay $4-5 a quart for synthetic oil. so it's roughly 8-10 more. You probably weren't smart enough to put synthetic in your CL, but anyone who cares about their engine does. So it's $8-10 more for a GTO oil change for me.

3. I do equal city and hwy driving, I avg 18-22 mpg. Don't have to believe me. I don't baby the car either. Car actually runs most efficient around 3K.

4. Tires aren't that much more expensive...a 225/40/17 vs a 245/40/18 is about $30, if that. (Toyo T1R, 17" 127, 18" 142) So it'a actually $18 more per tire....about $80 for a set.

5. Yes, the upgraded 18" wheels go for about $1000 for a good set....a set of 17's will cost you $300-400 ....so they are cheaper then the CL-s's 17's. Good single GTO wheels will run you about $300

I don't know what you are trying to do here, but you are a moron. With all this said, I love the CL-S and think it's a great car and have nothing bad to say about it.

Here is a picture of my GTO that doesn't exist.

here is the dyno for the GTO I do not own (ignore the magnaflow exhaust label, I don't have an aftermarket exhaust system...my tuner works for magnaflow and we used their dyno) I do have a dyno of the car making 370/370...but it's not on the net and not on this comp

And this is your daily driver ("300 miles a day for a year") when were these pics and dynos taken, the first day you got the car?

According to your bs your gto has over 100k miles now and its running in better shape than it comes out of the dealer, looks like its a day old, and oh yea..it gets more mpg than my 9 month old gto with 14k miles (along with the rest of the North East Crew that i am with every day... not one single person has stated to get such high numbers... but hey looks like you are very special with all your details)
Old 09-10-2007, 08:28 PM
teh Senior Instigator

The car is still my daily driver, I spent 9 months putting 200+ miles on it, it sat for the last 6 months since I had a company car (Which is gone now, and the goat is my DD once again; i've got other cars for "weekend" cars). I have around 34K on it. (it also spent almost 4 months in a body shop...34K is basically 14 months of driving.

Pictures were taken when it was out of the body shop back in Feb of this year. If you do a search on ls1gto, there are many other guys that get my numbers. So yes, it gets more mpg then your 9 month old w/ 14K on it. I'm not sure how age of the motor or age of the car relates to mpg though. (That said, the tune I did helped improved my mpg....but I think the worst avg i've ever gotten on a tank was around 16 mpg). But yes, I avg 19-22 mpg at the end of a tank. Your car must be an auto, because 10 mpg is by far the worse i've heard from a stock car. The auto is even rated at 16/21....remember w/ the manual you do a lot of gear skipping.

But hey, i don't have this car, remember.

After all you stated, all you reply to is the MPG quote The tires being so much more, the oil costing SO MUCH MORE, etc, etc. "Why are you talking about shit you know nothing about?" You think hanging out w/ the "north east crew" everyday, you'd know more.

take a look at this thread http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=MPG Not a single guy quotes 9-10 mpg. Most are 14-18, and a few as high as me.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 PM

Yea I liked the CL-S too and if i was going to chose the gto or the cls for a daily driver, i would go for the cls.

I never talked shit about the cars, i was very honest and compared the two. Read post 67. I said both the positives and negatives of the two cars, and i am able to do this because i have owned both. Read that comparison and tell me where I am bs'ing since you also "own" a gto and own(ed) a CLS.

The sideswipe comes in like a little insecure kid and trashes the gto, makes no comparison at all since he has never even owned the car, and thats when things went down hill.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by blueglows
Yea I liked the CL-S too and if i was going to chose the gto or the cls for a daily driver, i would go for the cls.

I never talked shit about the cars, i was very honest and compared the two. Read post 67. I said both the positives and negatives of the two cars, and i am able to do this because i have owned both. Read that comparison and tell me where I am bs'ing since you also "own" a gto and own(ed) a CLS.

The sideswipe comes in like a little insecure kid and trashes the gto, makes no comparison at all since he has never even owned the car, and thats when things went down hill.

I never said you were BS'ing....I just said you were wrong....and showed where you were wrong. I love how you get all gentle once you realize you've been stumped.

I never owned a CL-S FYI Just a little old first gen w/ a little bit of the giggle gas.

BTW, sideswipe is an idiot, but you didn't help, and if either of you continue you will be dealt with appropriately
Old 09-10-2007, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by CLpower
The car is still my daily driver, I spent 9 months putting 200+ miles on it, it sat for the last 6 months since I had a company car (Which is gone now, and the goat is my DD once again; i've got other cars for "weekend" cars). I have around 34K on it. (it also spent almost 4 months in a body shop...34K is basically 14 months of driving.

Pictures were taken when it was out of the body shop back in Feb of this year. If you do a search on ls1gto, there are many other guys that get my numbers. So yes, it gets more mpg then your 9 month old w/ 14K on it. I'm not sure how age of the motor or age of the car relates to mpg though. (That said, the tune I did helped improved my mpg....but I think the worst avg i've ever gotten on a tank was around 16 mpg). But yes, I avg 19-22 mpg at the end of a tank. Your car must be an auto, because 10 mpg is by far the worse i've heard from a stock car. The auto is even rated at 16/21....remember w/ the manual you do a lot of gear skipping.

But hey, i don't have this car, remember.

After all you stated, all you reply to is the MPG quote The tires being so much more, the oil costing SO MUCH MORE, etc, etc. "Why are you talking about shit you know nothing about?" You think hanging out w/ the "north east crew" everyday, you'd know more.

I have an 06 6speed, my revs stay around 3k avg just like yours.

Sorry I did not fully respond to your question, please do not deduct any points from my essay.

You want me to respond to your comments about acura cls owners paying $60+ for an oil change?

Lets let the current acura owners respond to that, I am curious to see how many of them are spending that much on oil.

I told you the prices I was paying once, I am not cheap about car parts/maintenance and my engine was in perfect shape.

You want to talk tires?
Comparison from same dealer (tirerack.com)

BFG KDW'2s stock size (215 50 17) for the CLS are $159 x 4 tires = $636
BFG KDW'2s stock size (235 40 18) for the GTO are $176 x 4 tires= $704

Now what happened to your 300 miles A DAY FOR ONE YEAR?

If you can calculate that, it means that your car should have +100K miles on it.

Even if you left it sitting after that, it had to be sitting with 100k miles.

34k miles means less than 100 miles a day.

Its ok though, i see math is not your thing.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:21 PM
teh Senior Instigator

it's not my fault your dealer bends you over........ask any owner putting synthetic into their car what they pay. The GTO doesn't take special GTO oil.

and yes, about $80 a year (less as I stated) for tires. (something I already touched on and was right.....i wouldn't say $80 for a set of tires is a "oh boy, this car isn't for children....it costs a lot to maintain".

As I said....my GTO was simply my daily driven weekday car.........subtract weekends...i was a little off....I still put a shit load of miles on the car on a daily business.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts