CL's in Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001 | 06:38 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

CL's in Colorado

First off, Colorado is a beautiful place, but NO place for nice to fine cars. I mean, it rains almost every afternoon ! Dirt is red and nasty ! Roads are ruff and bumpy.....IT'S TRUCK COUNTRY and NOT CL terrain ! I WOULD never own a nice new Acura in that state ! However, I saw more "RL's" than anything ! Only a few CL's, actually, we ate at a nice rest. in Colorado Springs and when we walked out, low and behold, their sat a Black non-navi CL, I was surprised and yes it was funking dirty ! Did I see EMPETERS ???? No, but could have, Perhaps, because I was anywhere between Longmont and Colorado Springs and as High as Pikes Peaks at 14,110 altitude ! Awesome views !

Glad to be back in CLEAN California !
Old 07-22-2001 | 10:23 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally posted by Fabvsix:
<STRONG>First off, Colorado is a beautiful place, but NO place for nice to fine cars. I mean, it rains almost every afternoon ! Dirt is red and nasty ! Roads are ruff and bumpy.....IT'S TRUCK COUNTRY and NOT CL terrain ! I WOULD never own a nice new Acura in that state ! Perhaps, because I was anywhere between Longmont and Colorado Springs and as High as Pikes Peaks at 14,110 altitude ! Awesome views !
</STRONG>
Compared to Cali obviously it's not as nice in CO ... However, for those of us who are unfortunately enough to live in the Rust Belt or East Coast north of VA, well I'd take Colorado any day =)
Old 07-22-2001 | 11:24 PM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Originally posted by Fabvsix:
<STRONG>

Glad to be back in CLEAN California ! </STRONG>
You're not talking about the air being cleaner in California, just the roads right.
Old 07-22-2001 | 11:43 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally posted by kuwolde:
<STRONG>
You're not talking about the air being cleaner in California, just the roads right.
</STRONG>
Hi-five!
Old 07-23-2001 | 03:35 AM
Instructor

Tell me about it. I live in Denver, and have only had my car for 4 months, and it already has a few chips on it. I stay as far back from cars as possible when driving, but there is so much shit on the road, and also there is a lot of fucking semis and dump trucks etc., so everything gets fucked up. But, Colorado is a beautiful place. I would never live in California, too dry, and too many crazy people.
Old 07-23-2001 | 03:38 AM
Kill the Chicken heads

theres this one time i saw an M3 racing, it was tight
Old 07-23-2001 | 12:14 PM
Drifting

OK.. Denver is no place to have a CL-S, for that matter any large city is not a good place for our car. But all of CO? I think you must not have driven through Rocky Mountain National Park and hundreds of other paved mountain roads that let you feel the sportyness of our car in luxury. Chips in the hood, yup and I can't get Acura to agree they have a problem (I don't think it's entirely the fault of pebbles on the roads, other cars are not showing the problem)..
Old 07-23-2001 | 02:06 PM
Advanced

I lived in Colo Springs for 6 months after I got my CL-S and only saw 4 or 5 others in that whole time. You're right...the sign of a local there is a crack across the windshield. It's actually legal to drive that way there b/c there's so many damn rocks on the road (they don't use salt in winter...only dirt).
Great mountain driving though...really miss that. Drive the length of route 9, or as someone else mentioned, Rocky Mtn Natl Park for some incredible drives. Or some nice high speed s-curves on I-70 too. In the summer, it's definitely fun to have a car that can handle well there. In the winter, it's even more fun to laugh at the SUV owners that think they're invincible as they stare at their car that rolled over in a ditch.
Old 07-23-2001 | 04:26 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by SchwartzSM:
<STRONG>I lived in Colo Springs for 6 months after I got my CL-S and only saw 4 or 5 others in that whole time. You're right...the sign of a local there is a crack across the windshield. It's actually legal to drive that way there b/c there's so many damn rocks on the road (they don't use salt in winter...only dirt).
Great mountain driving though...really miss that. Drive the length of route 9, or as someone else mentioned, Rocky Mtn Natl Park for some incredible drives. Or some nice high speed s-curves on I-70 too. In the summer, it's definitely fun to have a car that can handle well there. In the winter, it's even more fun to laugh at the SUV owners that think they're invincible as they stare at their car that rolled over in a ditch. </STRONG>
As above, it's better to have something like a CL-S and drive sensibly, than an SUV and think winter/snow won't bother you. Hell half the SUV drivers here don't know how to drive on dry summer roads.. I'll be in Salem
(sub of Roanoke) August 6-11 (softball tournament). If you're around there look for me?