CL-S vs Z06 vs Nissan Armada

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Should be moved over to car talk I guess?
Old 08-31-2010, 01:36 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I POSTED INCORECT INFO?
Show me where I said the RUBICON and the SAHARA are the SAME.

In fact, as I said before, I stated that the Rubicon is more capable than the Sahara on the FIRST PAGE:

Originally Posted by Sideswipe
And please ...Of course a Rubicon is better equipped to handle extreme terrain than a Sahara but a Rubicon will get stuck just as quickly as a Sahara in extreme mud conditions if its running stock tires.

The only advantage a Rubicon has over a Sahara is the ability to turn all four wheels at the same time. That may be great for extreme off-roading such as climbing over a stationary object(s) like a large boulder(s), if you know what you're doing, and overcoming extreme terrain where forward motion may depend temporarily on one wheel. But 9 times out of 10 the Sahara can get through the same tight obstacles as a Rubicon provided that the Sahara has the right aggressive tires.

When I stated that the Rubicon's wheels "all turn at the same time" That was your opportunity to explain beyond what I said. Instead you proceeded with such glee trying to copy and paste specs on the Rubicon's transfer case you didn't even bother to simply explain the difference between the Sahara and the Rubicon. You went blabbing on about the Rubicon being "heavy duty" but you couldn't explain what made the Rubicon "heavy duty".

I waited and waited.

Still, you didn't respond with an answer.

For someone that claims to know all about Jeeps you leave out key elements that are suspect of someone that copies and pastes researched info--learning as they go instead of truly knowing what they're talking about.

Last edited by Sideswipe; 08-31-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

"""The only difference between a Rubicon and a Sahara is a transfer case that locks both the front and rear differentials and a Dana 44 rear end, and slightly heavier duty suspension""

Those are your words. Are they correct?

Not only is it wrong in explaining the difference between the two but it is also wrong that the transfer case locks the front and rear diffs.

Yes????? NO????

Just the Facts!

Last edited by CH46ESeaKnight; 08-31-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Here is your answer, clown,. What makes the Rubicon heavy duty you ask? The NVG241OR Rocktrac transfer case with a fixed rear yoke and the Dana 44 axles with electronic lockers front and rear. Thats what heavy duty means in the cse of the Rubicon.

And yes, I had to look up the T case number again.

Like talking to a brick wall covered in bird shit.

:surrender

The posts speak for themselves.

Should never have even tried to reason with you.

Good luck with your awsome gate shifting skills Mr. Fittipaldi!
Now get out there and show'em how you do it!

Last edited by CH46ESeaKnight; 08-31-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:54 AM
Racer

I have the photos open to the public on Facebook if you really want more proof.
I'm really not interested. Don't really care. Don't know you.

The point is you couldn't make the distinction between the similarities and differences of a Sahara and a Rubicon.

Somehow you got the impression that I said the Rubicon and the Sahara are the same when I clearly said on the first page that the Rubicon is more capable than the Sahara.

Your problem is you ride the wave of popular opinion rather than seeing the two vehicles for what they are. As I said before, the Rubicon can handle more extreme terrain but the part you can't swallow is I chose a Sahara over a Rubicon.

Boil it down to the bare bones of the two vehicles

The Rubicon has lower 4:1 gearing. the Sahara doesn't. Whoopty fawking doo.

Not having lower gearing hasn't stopped me from conquering treacherous hills that are a combination of small boulders and a nearly 80 degree incline. Spinning wheels ergo traction is what has kept me from conquering those hills. Literally crawling over large boulders and driving half way up a tree does not out weigh the necessity for comfortable daily driving.

In your rabid behavior to convince yourself into believing that I said the Rubicon and the Sahara are the same you continuously ignore the same statements I've made over and over.

whatever floats your boat. I drank too much coffee. I'll be around.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:56 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Should be moved over to car talk I guess?
No, I think Ramblings

Car Talk is too tame and not frequented enough by the s on AZ
Old 08-31-2010, 01:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

"""The only difference between a Rubicon and a Sahara is a transfer case that locks both the front and rear differentials and a Dana 44 rear end, and slightly heavier duty suspension""

Those are your words. From Post # 34. Are they correct?

Last edited by CH46ESeaKnight; 08-31-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:17 AM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Im sorry to say, but no one is going to get this guy to say he is anything but correct and how very wrong everyone else is. Its a lose lose situation. Funny thing is SeaKnight, is that he has been proven wrong by you and myself several times in this thread. Plenty others that read this can see that.

SideSwipe, Im sorry to read how bad your comprehension skills are at a 2nd grade level, and your blatant ignorance towards a whole world of off roading and car modifying has left you feeling superior when you are anything but that. Keep up the traffic racing, but next time have a few drinks before, so when you do crash and kill someone you wont be "slamming the gate shift" for a long time.

Peace.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:13 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
If you've seen about 95% of my threads, then you'd know that I've said time and time again over the years that my CL-S is completely stock except for routine maintenance and I never have and never will make any modifications to my car.

Is my car fast or do I think it's fast? Seriously? Did you really just ask that question or were you attempting to be facetious?

Once again, if you really "seen" my threads, then you'd know every car I've raced and beaten was within the realm of capabilities that a CL-S could take out. If I had an encounter with a car that was obviously out of a CL-S's league I was very adamant about emphasizing that I wasn't racing the car--it was only to experience the other car's capabilities.

I don't desire to modify my CL-S because I like the car just the way it is for one thing. IMO buying a car that doesn't perform to one's satisfaction defies logic unless (A) your intent was to make the car a build project from the get-go or (B) you couldn't afford a better car. Secondly, my Acura will remain stock because after having gone through 3 transmissions just from regular wear and tear I'm not about to eat through another tranny.

As I've also said before, if I make any modifications to a vehicle that I own it will be to my Jeep Wrangler Sahara I bought a couple months ago. It definitely needs an intake--I'm not going to buy a new air filter every time I go off-roading. It also needs more aggressive mud tires, a chip and a winch but that's about it.

Anyone else feel like they want to chime in with their little comments please feel free at least until a moderator decides to close this thread.
It saw a serious question.
You need to run your car down the track and see what it can do.
Just curious what kind of times your capable of running.
Since your probally waiting for anyone to even glance at you ata stop light and your stomping it thinking they want to race.
I bet some transformer stickers would be right up your alley.
stop bragging about a jeep,when we are talking about a cl
Old 08-31-2010, 12:40 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Old 08-31-2010, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
oh it's on....
Old 08-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 669 Likes on 391 Posts
This coming from a kid with a retarded South Park cartoon character for an avatar. I'm really shocked it took this long for one of those crybabies to come trolling up in a thread like this. Don't project your inferiority on me just because you may have the critical thinking skills and reflexes of a tree slug.

But to respond to the moderator--was it safe? With over 20 years experience of street racing under my belt? Sure. The funny thing is I've only had five traditional collisions in my driving career--none of them race related.

In two wrecks I was cut off by a drunk driver. In the first accident the guy was a hit and run but with the drunk driver you obviously know what the end result was with him--Not only was he drunk he was also under age. In three wrecks I was rear ended--one by a teenager that was too busy giggling with her girlfriends in the car to pay attention to traffic, and one by an idiot in his early twenties that didn't have the critical thinking skills to watch both oncoming traffic and the right turn signal that had turned red. The other was by some idiot in his late twenties that was too busy eyeballing some chick walking down the street to pay attention to stopped traffic in front of him.

When I race in situations where I may be in traffic it's not about winning it's about executing a move safely. If I can't execute a certain move safely it's not going to be executed.
hes a moron case closed nuff said close thread.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Instructor

Seaknight: Like talking to a brick wall covered in bird shit.

:surrender

ahahaha
Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 AM
SHAWD 04TL is in

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
WIN FTWMFL ! confused....uuuhhh well that's as well as this op deserves.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Hello Officer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Racing belongs at the track.

Last edited by It's Clutch; 09-01-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:15 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
^ Only for us peons.

He's special. He's got over 20 years of street racing under his belt. He's as good as Emerson Fittipaldi

Last edited by AZuser; 09-01-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Racer

The only assholes, clowns and morons in this thread are the people that waltzed up in a street encounters forum where people have posted street racing encounters since the first day this discussion board opened and think they're performing a public service by inserting unnecessary insults and soapbox sermons at members' topics that they don't approve of. That bullshit needs to stop. Why? Because of all the postings of street races that have occurred who's to say how they really turned out? Who's to say the members that post their "street encounters" leave parts out of their stories that think will cause them to get harassed by the public safety patrol?

You cannot stop street racing I don't give a damn how many members' posts you chase and litter with your unnecessary comments. You won't stop the people who's threads you litter with your garbage from street racing. And as long as the moderators of this discussion board don't decree against street racing otherwise you're wasting your damn time.

Any "clown" that sits up in a thread like GoogleKnight, that has never owned a JK, never driven a JK, claims to be a Jeep expert but has to google information on Jeeps just to involve himself in the conversation, then half-asses the information he gives while simultaneously acting like an baffoon needs a bucket with holes in the bottom and a shovel. GoogleKnight sits in a thread and lies about my having made the statement that a Rubicon and a Sahara are the same vehicle where no such comment was made. GoogleKnight claims to be a Jeep expert yet his only description of a Rubicon is it's "heavy duty" but couldn't explain what about a Rubicon is heavy duty.

After I told GoogleKnight one of the aspects that made the Rubicon "heavy duty", which was the 4:1 gear ratio he finally decides to respond, 'oh well, yeah' but didn't understand the 4:1 gears are IN THE TRANSFER CASE.
If the transfer case isn't connected to the front and rear locking axles then what the fuck is? The actual "electronic locking" that Mr. Googleknight was so proud to copy and paste doesn't lock by itself--Something else he couldn't fully explain because he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about beyond copying and pasting from googled websites. The actual locking mechanism is driver actuated--in layman's terms that means that a little thingy on the the dashboard that you play with and causes both the front and rear axles to lock. But it's the TRANSFER CASE that causes all wheels to turn forward at the same time providing the torque where it's needed--something that GoogleKnight left out of his copying and pasting during his clown ass tirade.

Last edited by Sideswipe; 09-02-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

The only assholes, clowns and morons in this thread are the people that waltzed up in a street encounters forum where people have posted street racing encounters since the first day this discussion board opened and think they're performing a public service by inserting unnecessary insults and soapbox sermons at members' topics that they don't approve of. That bullshit needs to stop. Why? Because of all the postings of street races that have occurred who's to say how they really turned out? Who's to say the members that post their "street encounters" leave parts out of their stories that think will cause them to get harassed by the public safety patrol?

You cannot stop street racing I don't give a damn how many members' posts you chase and litter with your unnecessary comments. You won't stop the people who's threads you litter with your garbage from street racing. And as long as the moderators of this discussion board don't decree against street racing otherwise you're wasting your damn time.

Any "clown" that sits up in a thread like GoogleKnight, that has never owned a JK, never driven a JK, claims to be a Jeep expert but has to google information on Jeeps just to involve himself in the conversation, then half-asses the information he gives while simultaneously acting like an baffoon needs a bucket with holes in the bottom and a shovel. GoogleKnight sits in a thread and lies about my having made the statement that a Rubicon and a Sahara are the same vehicle where no such comment was made. GoogleKnight claims to be a Jeep expert yet his only description of a Rubicon is it's "heavy duty" but couldn't explain what about a Rubicon is heavy duty.

After I told GoogleKnight one of the aspects that made the Rubicon "heavy duty", which was the 4:1 gear ratio he finally decides to respond, 'oh well, yeah' but didn't understand the 4:1 gears are IN THE TRANSFER CASE.
If the transfer case isn't connected to the front and rear locking axles then what the fuck is? The actual "electronic locking" that Mr. Googleknight was so proud to copy and paste doesn't lock by itself--Something else he couldn't fully explain because he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about beyond copying and pasting from googled websites. The actual locking mechanism is driver actuated--in layman's terms that means that a little thingy on the the dashboard that you play with and causes both the front and rear axles to lock. But it's the TRANSFER CASE that causes all wheels to turn forward at the same time providing the torque where it's needed--something that GoogleKnight left out of his copying and pasting during his clown ass tirade.
Show me in a quote from any of my post where I said that you said the Sahara and Rubicon are the same. SHOW ME! YOU CAN"T! Because you are wrong again A**Wipe.

What you did say (and you still don't admit your statment was wrong)

Show me where I gave any incorrect information. The only thing I googled was the model number for the T-case.

Back your statments up with facts or STFU! If you are going to say something OWN IT!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 669 Likes on 391 Posts
I didn't say you were a moron for racing cause we all have done it. Even thought it is stupid. I called u a moron trying to say it was safe cause u had "20 years experience" of street racing.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Racer

Show me in a quote from any of my post where I said that you said the Sahara and Rubicon are the same. SHOW ME! YOU CAN"T!
Stop crying, GoogleKnight.

You GOOGLED everything you knew about the JK, you didnt know what the fuck you were talking about to the effect that you couldn't fully explain the Rubicon's specs beyond saying it was "heavy duty". You couldn't answer a simple question like WHAT MAKES A RUBICON HEAVY DUTY without GOOGLING websites. You're a phony. You don't know shit about a JK because you've never driven one let alone owned one so YOU shut the FUCK up.

Last edited by Sideswipe; 09-02-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM
COTM Coordinator

Hey Sideswipe, nobody cares anymore. You proved our point. Go crawl some rocks with your sand truck.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Banned

Old 09-02-2010, 04:03 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Old 09-02-2010, 04:03 PM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 09-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Racer

You didn't make this statement, Googleknight?

SEE you still cant admit you are wrong about your Sahara being the same as a Rubicon. You made a false statment. Thats what I'm calling you out on.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:09 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
King of pop gone and he's still putting a smile on my face.
Funny shit JP

Do us a favor and sideswipe that cl so we don't have to listen to these story's anymore.
Never mind you'll just come with another story how you sideswiped 7 cars at 170, jump a bridge,rolled the car and still won,By a bumper..

Last edited by richardparker; 09-02-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Stop crying, GoogleKnight.

You GOOGLED everything you knew about the JK, you didnt know what the fuck you were talking about to the effect that you couldn't fully explain the Rubicon's specs beyond saying it was "heavy duty". You couldn't answer a simple question like WHAT MAKES A RUBICON HEAVY DUTY without GOOGLING websites. You're a phony. You don't know shit about a JK because you've never driven one let alone owned one so YOU shut the FUCK up.
Thats what I thought Cupcake, you can't prove me wrong. Like I have time and time again in your posts!. HA HAHAHAHHAH

Your shit stinks!

You have made several incorrect statments about your Sahara. I have made no incorrect statments. I Know what I'm talking about, its you that need to learn a thing or two about Jeeps.

Your Right I don't own a JK Jeep and I still know more about them then you do! HAHAHAH

So you gonna dodge this again Cupcake?
Old 09-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

You didn't make this statement, Googleknight?

Oh ok, where is the rest of that post. Ok I'll take that stament back because I used the wrong word, I should have said, that you said "THE ONLY DIFFERENCE". Like i have in 20 other posts.

You also sais that the Sahara was the "Most capable Jeep ever" Thats wrong also! You own Video post proved that!

Last edited by CH46ESeaKnight; 09-02-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well? You going to dodge all your incorrect statments again?
Old 09-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
Love it!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MurkyRiversTL
Hey Sideswipe, nobody cares anymore. You proved our point. Go crawl some rocks with your sand truck.
Murky seems to keep coming to your defense.

Is that dude your girlfriend, Googleknight?

The both of you cry so much its hard to tell...

who's pitching or catching.

I'll get back to your little lying ass, crybaby comments later, Googleknight.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Instructor

Interesting...
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Come on Cletus, Come on! Duche! HAHAHAH lol

Ok Asswipe, you got me on the 1 miss quote, where I said you said they were the same.

WHO's lynig? Again show me where I said something incorrect about the Jeeps? (Or as you put it Lying) Like I just showed you one of your many icorrect statments, while trying to glorify you JK Sahara.

Last edited by CH46ESeaKnight; 09-02-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Banned

He's not saying that you are lying, he's trying to say that you didn't know anything about jeeps so you had to resort to looking all the information up.

I'm on both sides, but it needs to get more intense in here for me to make up my mind :/
Old 09-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_H1bLBw-FYtg/Se...800/warren.jpg

So I was crusing the highway one night and saw this (pic above)guy in a CLS racing another guy in a Z06 and an Armada. He had some sick gate shifting and cornering skillz. Just wondering if it was anyone from here?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
He's not saying that you are lying, he's trying to say that you didn't know anything about jeeps so you had to resort to looking all the information up.

I'm on both sides, but it needs to get more intense in here for me to make up my mind :/
Well then you have not read all the post, if so you would see I even know more about his own jeep then he does. Half the shit he said is incorrect about jeeps. I have forgot more about off roading then he knows. That statment is not me just blabing at the mouth, if from reading his posts about off roading, he has no clue how a Tranfer case works, he thinks his Shara can go anywhere a Rubicon can. He is a grocery getter with 4 wheel drive. Yeah he claims to take 80 degree slopes in his road worthy Sahara with factory tires.

80 degrees, do you even know what 80 degrees is??//

Last edited by CH46ESeaKnight; 09-02-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Banned

Well then you have not read all the post, if so you would see I even know more about his own jeep then he does. Half the shit he said is incorrect about jeeps. I have forgot more about off roading then he knows. That statment is not me just blabing at the mouth, if from reading his posts about off roading, he has no clue how a Tranfer case works, he thinks his Shara can go anywhere a Rubicon can. He is a grocery getter with 4 wheel drive. Yeah he claims to take 80 degree slopes in his road worthy Sahara with factory tires.

80 degrees, do you even know what 80 degrees is??//
I never said i agreed to what i wrote, i was simply stating what his view was

Last edited by Jacobpockros; 09-02-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

I hear ya Jacob.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:38 AM
COTM Coordinator

I really don't think it's that difficult to figure who the girlfriend is. Considering we both just tag teamed your ass, that would make you the bitch. Which means were pitching, your receiving, and from the looks of it you've taken a lot of money shots straight to the mouth. Not including the gang bang that took place while seaknight and I were taking a break. Your metaphorical ass must be sore as your wounded ego.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MurkyRiversTL
I really don't think it's that difficult to figure who the girlfriend is. Considering we both just tag teamed your ass, that would make you the bitch. Which means were pitching, your receiving, and from the looks of it you've taken a lot of money shots straight to the mouth. Not including the gang bang that took place while seaknight and I were taking a break. Your metaphorical ass must be sore as your wounded ego.

LOL, i was going to add somthing very similar, but I've been warned about some stuff like that.

Careful Murky you don't want to get banned because of this A**Wipe guy. Don't give him the satisfaction!

But very Funny!

Quick Reply: CL-S vs Z06 vs Nissan Armada