CL-S is no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 04:29 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL-S is no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To make a long story short, CL-S was boring.

Hated slush shift
Too sililar looking with accord coupe(and often confused with)
"260 hp" didnt really seem like it.
Boat handling
Navi was nice, but not used often.
Bad previous with ohio built cars (98 Cl 3.0)
"Nice" car, but just boring.
Resale is not great on newer acuras
Value will drop more with six speed.
Many people thought I had the same 98 CL though I had a new car. One persons asked was it a solara!!!
Just boring and not a head turner.
These are just my personal experiences and opinions.

Traded it for a 2001 Stang Gt drop top, 5 speed with "Bullit " wheels. Its blk, on blk, on blk. I love it. Always wanted one since child hood. Wanted a stick, wanted rwd, wanted V8, wanted a drop top. Loved exaust rumble.

Yes im very happy and I dont miss the CL at all. I still have my legend to drive as well.
I have a yearning to drive the stang that I never had with the CL. Nothing like rowing through gears and droppong the top to hear the "pipes play"

No I didnt want and s2000, too small, gotta thrash to get power outta it, plastic back window.

No I didnt want to wait for a CL-S six speed. Woulda been same ole same ole. Didnt want fwd anymore either.

Nothing else I like besides BMW and the one I want, i'm not ready to buy yet. M3 droptop!!

Also , I got an unbelievable deal. Even Exchange! I got 27k for my car (they wanted to only give me 22k at first). Car had 1400 miles on it. I would not have gotten this deal anywhere or anytimes else.

In the mean time, I wanted something fun, felt kinda old in CL (only 27).

Im very happy though. Ride is comparable to cl execpt a little more jiggle on bumps. Everyone loves it and knows what it is instantly, even non car enthusiasts. Stero is much louder and has all the same features and more.

In the end, they are all just cars and it is about what makes you happy. The CL-S did not and the Stang does. I am still a member of the Acura family with my legend (239k!!), so i'm not totally gone. I will still read the board from time to time. In the mean time, im going to drop the top , so i'll check back later. Nice chatting with you all, San Marino Red CL-S,navi, spoiler, visor 19k miles, singing out!!! Peace!!
Old 07-31-2001, 05:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Update ya sig file
Old 07-31-2001, 05:33 PM
f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s

sell out. :p
Old 07-31-2001, 05:38 PM
Old Member

ha ha... enjoy your american car
Old 07-31-2001, 05:39 PM
Burning Brakes

I am glad your happy with your new choice. It is all about what You like!!

Now if they had a CL-S convertible
Old 07-31-2001, 05:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Not sure why you would logon to a CL website to trash it and say you bought a Mustang. From what I've been reading on here, you're probably going to have more problems with your American car then your American built Japanese car. They are 2 totally different vehicles. Not sure why you even purchased the CL since it's obvoious that you were looking for a totally different ride / experience. Whatever... to each their own. I hope you enjoy your new car. Just make sure that 1500 miles later you don't decide to get rid of it!! :p
Old 07-31-2001, 05:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by OLSKOOLAC88:
<STRONG>To make a long story short, CL-S was boring.

Hated slush shift
Boat handling
Navi was nice, but not used often.
Bad previous with ohio built cars (98 Cl 3.0)
"Nice" car, but just boring.
Resale is not great on newer acuras
Value will drop more with six speed.
Many people thought I had the same 98 CL though I had a new car. One persons asked was it a solara!!!
These are just my personal experiences and opinions.

Traded it for a 2001 Stang Gt drop top, 5 speed with "Bullit " wheels. Its blk, on blk, on blk. I love it. Always wanted one since child hood. Wanted a stick, wanted rwd, wanted V8, wanted a drop top. Loved exaust rumble.

Yes im very happy and I dont miss the CL at all. I still have my legend to drive as well.
I have a yearning to drive the stang that I never had with the CL. Nothing like rowing through gears and droppong the top to hear the "pipes play"

No I didnt want and s2000, too small, gotta thrash to get power outta it, plastic back window.

No I didnt want to wait for a CL-S six speed. Woulda been same ole same ole. Didnt want fwd anymore either.

Nothing else I like besides BMW and the one I want, i'm not ready to buy yet. M3 droptop!!

Also , I got an unbelievable deal. Even Exchange! I got 27k for my car (they wanted to only give me 22k at first). Car had 1400 miles on it. I would not have gotten this deal anywhere or anytimes else.

In the mean time, I wanted something fun, felt kinda old in CL (only 27).

Im very happy though. Ride is comparable to cl execpt a little more jiggle on bumps. Everyone loves it and knows what it is instantly, even non car enthusiasts. Stero is much louder and has all the same features and more.

In the end, they are all just cars and it is about what makes you happy. The CL-S did not and the Stang does. I am still a member of the Acura family with my legend (239k!!), so i'm not totally gone. I will still read the board from time to time. In the mean time, im going to drop the top , so i'll check back later. Nice chatting with you all, San Marino Red CL-S,navi, spoiler, visor 19k miles, singing out!!! Peace!!</STRONG>
How do you go from a CLS to a Mustang? Did you think through your initial purchase?
Old 07-31-2001, 05:58 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Makes sense...............I went from Mustang (Cobra) to the CL-S. Hope he likes piss poor service and no loaners. No comparison in the interior department, but he's too young to appreciate it.
Old 07-31-2001, 05:58 PM
Race Director

bye
Old 07-31-2001, 05:59 PM
Safety Car

A mustang???? Jeez

I am sure its fast and loud and all, but come on, what a cheap looking vehicle from the inside, I like the exterior more or less. I am driving that POS right now, V6 auto as a rental and this thing is just so cheezy in comparison to my CL. The interior sucks, sitting position sucks, engine is too loud when cold. The roof is too low, no button to open the trunk from the inside, stupid seat belt sign beeps too loudly. Done venting
Old 07-31-2001, 06:00 PM
Retired Post Whore

Later Gator
Old 07-31-2001, 06:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Bye! Let's wait a few weeks and see how enjoyable that Mustang is.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:10 PM
Advanced

"Just boring and not a head turner. "

Im sure the mustang is a real head turner...
Im always checking those cars out, they are so unique...

P.S. S2000 gets a glass rear window 2002 confirmed =)
Old 07-31-2001, 06:11 PM
Drifting

Dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya....
Old 07-31-2001, 06:12 PM
Drifting

Old 07-31-2001, 06:32 PM
ACME sucks!

Give me anything but a Mustang or Lexus! I can't stand either, but not for the same reasons.

I hope you really enjoy the Stang, although I have a feeling you'll come to realize that the CL-S was a great luxury car at an affordable price. I sure hope you become a smarter shopper in the future because it must suck blowing $3k for no reason.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:36 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Code3Smith:
[QB
P.S. S2000 gets a glass rear window 2002 confirmed =)[/QB]
Well, that'll fix one of my 2 main criticism of the car. I've had 5 convertibles and 2 of them have had plastic rear windows. How a great company (like Honda, or Porsche for that matter) can make a convertible and skimp on the design (and parts) on a rear window is beyond me. Thos plastic windows dont last and are IMPOSSIBLE to see out of. Even Mitsubishi uses glass!
End of rant.

p.s. Enjoy the Mustang. I had a 96 GT ragtop. It's a great "get a tan while you're driving" car. I hope you leased it because it won't be worth much when you go to sell it. I was pissed when I found out what mine was worth on a trade...
Old 07-31-2001, 06:37 PM
Red X

Originally posted by Code3Smith:
<STRONG>"Just boring and not a head turner. "

Im sure the mustang is a real head turner...
Im always checking those cars out, they are so unique...

P.S. S2000 gets a glass rear window 2002 confirmed =)</STRONG>
confirmed where? i test drove a s2000 and man it sure was a lot better driving experiecne than the cl-s. ifi it were not for the markup at the dealerships i'd get one.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:43 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm sorry but there is definatley a lot less CLS on the road than Mustangs. If you make the CLS look right you'll get a lot more heads turned. Around here everyone and there mom has a mustang.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:44 PM
Instructor

<STRONG>To make a long story short, CL-S was boring.

Nothing else I like besides BMW

Im very happy though. Ride is comparable to cl execpt a little more jiggle on bumps. Everyone loves it and knows what it is instantly, even non car enthusiasts. </STRONG>
sounds like you're a lil insecure with your statis and needs a car to get everyone's attention. Come off of it, it's Acura vs. well, Ford, lol
Old 07-31-2001, 06:59 PM
Banned

Yeah, dude - what WERE you thinking when you posted that? Thanks for the update and all but...

BUH-BYE!
Old 07-31-2001, 07:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
<STRONG>
Resale is not great on newer Acuras
</STRONG>
he he... so you bought a Mustang?? lol I'm sorry, but that one makes me laugh....
Old 07-31-2001, 07:27 PM
Retired Post Whore

As my motto says, "Smell Ya Later".
Old 07-31-2001, 07:51 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 642 Likes on 284 Posts
peace out...
Old 07-31-2001, 08:20 PM
Instructor

The funny thing is that I almost bought a mustang cobra b4 getting my CLS. After a year of ownership the only complaint I have is that I wish more people would mess with me.... I dont know I think its the launch off the line w/o VSA that shows them that I mean business. Anyway, I hope your happy with the stang, and BTW, get to know the service advisor really well, you might be seeing a lot of him/her
Old 07-31-2001, 08:25 PM
Suzuka Master

see, if he just said, the mustang is more fun, that's it....'cuz NONE of his other arguments apply considering he bought a mustang.

1) the cl-s looks like an accord coupe, but a mustang gt looks like a base mustang which is even worse than an accord coupe.

2) 260hp doesn't seem like it is 'cuz of the slush shift, which was already stated.

3) ford vs. honda (even made in america)? he complains about lack of quality...but then buys a mustang?!?!

4) resale is not great for new acuras? resale is not good for ANY ford!

5) value will not drop any more with 6 speed; auto is always more wanted in states.

6) not a head turner? so you admit that you want people to have an opinion of you based on what you are driving? that's being secure with yourself!
Old 07-31-2001, 08:30 PM
Racer

Can someone say mid-life crisis? hehe j/k. I don't know what made you believe a stang was better, but whatever.. enjoy it.
Old 07-31-2001, 08:39 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
What do these people lack in life to NEED SO MUCH ATTENTION ????????????????? ARE YOU NOT LOVED ? As long as YOUR happy, who give a flying fuck ?
Old 07-31-2001, 09:20 PM
Burning Brakes

<STRONG>Value will drop more with six speed.</STRONG>
If you're worried about '01 CL prices nose-diving when the 6-speed comes out, you'll probably be really concerned about your Mustang since a completely redesigned one (new platform, new engines) is slated to hit the market for the '03 model year. This is according to BlueOvalNews.com and many other web sites. At least you'll get a solid year of fun out of it though.

I'm not rubbing it in- I'm actually very curious what Ford will be offering, but I'll be patient and very happy with my CL-S until the new Mustang debuts. I still have my old 5.0 Mustang GT and there is absolutely no comparison in comfort and refinement between it and my CL-S. Granted, newer Mustangs have improved considerably but they're still nowhere near the refinement level of the CL. Your new Mustang will be a lot of fun though; enjoy it!
Old 07-31-2001, 11:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
I also find it weird that you are switching from a CL-S to a Mustang.

Nothing against Mustangs, but that's a totally different kind of car. I have a friend who has a mustang at work and he's all freaked out about it. He wants to jam a supercharger and change the gearing and all sorts of junk. He's a speed nut. The Mustang suits him perfectly. The CL-S, tho he loved the car, just didn't suit him. There's only so many things you can do to it.
I'm sure once he's done with his Stang it'll make the CL look like a go-cart.

Anyway, have fun with your 'Stang.
Old 07-31-2001, 11:16 PM
Suzuka Master

and another thing, of course everyone recognizes a mustang when they see one...everyone and their redneck sister (who is also their girlfriend) has one.
Old 07-31-2001, 11:22 PM
- daemonichris -

uh yah... who are you?
Old 07-31-2001, 11:30 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Adios !

My 17 year old has a "STANG" Nice "YOUNG" car, but it feels down right "RICKity" in comparison to my "RICE ROCKET" !

Ok on the outside, sounds good, pretty good performance, but just Noooooo comparison.

Good luck wid-it
Old 07-31-2001, 11:32 PM
It's Go-Time.

Originally posted by clintoronto:
<STRONG>ha ha... enjoy your american car</STRONG>
Aren't the CL-S's made in "America'??
Old 07-31-2001, 11:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by GOT PSI?:
<STRONG>

Aren't the CL-S's made in "America'??</STRONG>
technically, yeah, but non-technically, no.
Old 07-31-2001, 11:46 PM
It's Go-Time.

I considered a new 5.0 as well but what made me go for the CL-S was the fact that it had good power, good gas milage, good stylin', good re-sale and the Sport Shift (GF doesn't drive 5 speed to well).

5.0 are a "dime a dozen" here in Vancouver, which doesn't make it that appealing when you try to re-sell your vehicle when there's 20 other 5.0's just like yours in the Buy & Sell.

You have fun in your 5.0...but don't bitch when gas is $1/litre !!!
Old 07-31-2001, 11:55 PM
Team Owner

This guy must be laughing it up at all the aggression he is causing.

All I have to say is……..BUH BYE !!!!!

Shawn S
Old 08-01-2001, 12:08 AM
Drifting

This story smells like bullshit. I bet he never had one. If you wanted all the shit the mustang had, why the hell did you buy the CL-S? If you are not full of shit, you are moron. So long sucker. Go fuck a mullet.
Old 08-01-2001, 12:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Sorry to see your CLS go! I met this guy at the first chicago meet. He did have a CLS...(the red one with the black bra). Anyways, I'm shocked you traded in for a mustang. Hope you enjoy it!

ginash

Originally posted by phinthesky:
<STRONG>This story smells like bullshit. I bet he never had one. If you wanted all the shit the mustang had, why the hell did you buy the CL-S? If you are not full of shit, you are moron. So long sucker. Go fuck a mullet.</STRONG>
Old 08-01-2001, 12:17 AM
Subie Dubie

I know this has been beaten to death, but he wants a head turner and buys a Mustang ? I see 10 or 15 of those every morning on the way to work. I just look for dual exhausts so i know what i'm up against, just in case.
Buh bye now.

Quick Reply: CL-S is no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!