Chevrolet Silverado SS vs. my BlAcura

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 01:23 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Chevrolet Silverado SS vs. my BlAcura

Who: See title for vehicles. SS has K&N full intake and Magnaflow exhaust. A quick stock spec. on the SS: 6L V8, AWD, 4 spd A/T, weighs just over 5,000 lbs. 0-60 ~6.4. 1/4 ~14.8. my mods listed in sig below.
What: A very much anticipated and debated race between friends which gave equal favoring for victory.
When: Just before dusk.
Where: On California's 75 Silver Strand 2-lane freeway.
Why: To prove that knowing is half the battle.

On the way out to a little photo shoot, we had to make some runs. Traffic was minimal and next to us was the sun setting into the Pacific. The first time we slowed to just over 50 mph then went for it. By the time I shut it down at 110, i had left about 5 car lengths. The next one was started at 80, and I honestly thought i would be owned or close to it. After the quick run to 110, i had left 4 CL's on him. His truck pulls from gears 1-3, but just slows the hell down when in 4th. sounding familiar? but at least ours is still pulling some, allowing me to pull more at higher speeds if I liked.

Finally, we came to a complete straight shot with no cars in sight allowing us to stop completely. As soon as we stop we honk it, and go. He immediately put about one and a half on me. I was trying to feather the throttle as usual, but i swear that there was sand everywhere. He pulled on me like I said before because I was busy trying to gain traction. By the end of 2nd i had reeled him in and was at his door. But then my rev limiter kicked in and my RPM's were jumping. My dumbass had left the sportshift on, and I usually don't use that to race. What now happened was that I lost the ground i had regained and was 2 CL's behind. This despite shifting to third and putting it back to D5. The good thing is that as soon as I did this, by the end of 3rd, I pulled to a 1/2 CL onhim, but then a few CL's all through 4th. I clearly took him on each run. But he claims he put 4 CL's from the stop.

He wants to do some more runs soon. I am definitely going to spank him as long as I don't screw up on the shifting as I had. Next post will have new results, pics, and hopefully a vid for the new one. He should be the camera car that way the cameraman won't strain his neck while turning back if he were in my CL.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:33 PM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
my buddy has one too. i might race him just to see what happens.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:51 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
this is one of the few vehicles that our car can pull on in 4th!
Old 11-24-2005, 08:25 PM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
sti is another 4th gear win.