Car Sponsorships??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005 | 10:05 PM
You can turbo anything

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Sponsorships??

Does anybody have their car sponsored? If so, how did you do it and how long did it take. When I finally get my car tuned, I want to start looking for sponsors. Most guys are telling me to make a "resume" for my car and always carry it around the shows and send it to the Marketing reps of the companies that I want sponsorships from. I have been checking out these car sponsorship websites, but I'm not too sure about them. Just wanted to see what you moded CLer's have done about this, specially since allmotor was in Turbo magazine.
Old 03-17-2005 | 10:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Talk to Esserak or Andy (xkrazix), but pretty much, they like to see that you attend shows (and not local crap, large ones), usually people usually have A LOT of work done before they even get sponsered. Plus it helps to have connections and a good reume for your like mentioned above.

Sponsorship isn't all glory and money for your car though. It means you have to attend shows, since the comapny wants the exposure, plus you may be pressurd into doing some stuff to your car you may not like. Sponsors like flashy stuff because it attracts attention to the car, and ultimately to their name on your car.

And stay away from those websites, most are scams.
Old 03-17-2005 | 10:18 PM
You can turbo anything

Cool thanx for the info...I am reading carsponsors.com right now...they have a forum where everyone is saying the same thing about those sites. Looks like I will build that resume and start calling a lot of companies. I am hoping to be wanted mainly cuz of the turbo kit. Only boosted TL in the world, then I have a system (15" 1000w rms) and louis vuitton on the inside. Maybe some shops around my area will be up for bodywork and paint, and fiberglass the trunk space to make it show quality. I say bodywork cuz I am not too partial to any of the body kits that come on our car. The stock one is the only one I like, but it is not aggresive enough for a show. We'll see tho, I got time.
Old 03-17-2005 | 10:34 PM
Pres TeamMidnightInvasion

i almost bet your going ot have to pay for the custom body work and trunk set-up yourself. First, you have to have a finished product car, then once it all show ready youll start getting sponsers. Unless, if you have a brand new car that just came out some companys will ask it to be a test car, even then the company will only give you discounts on the new procuts under development.

See sponsers want to sale products and if they cant sale products from your car its not worth it to them. So basically the sponsers want to know where your cars been to get advertisment. Likewise, sponsers like to hear that your car has been in magazines and shows. So basically, then they know your determind to get your car out there and be seen. Sponsers then like to give you stuff to add on your car or replace current parts.

Hopes that helps
Old 03-18-2005 | 12:05 AM
I NEED MONEY!

I got a sponsorship with valvoline...

Free Synthetic Oil & Gas Injector Treatment....a little more than a year supply
Old 03-18-2005 | 09:53 AM
Honkey

Gotta know the right people....or have something that is extraordinary. You won't get sponsors to "build" your ride unless you have already built something that shows your dedication.
Old 03-18-2005 | 12:20 PM
Suzuka Master

and be fore-warned you might need to sit there with your car for 4 hours for a simple photo shoot....

I also heard they sometimes trailer your car across the US for shows, with or without you!...
Old 03-18-2005 | 02:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Make sure you have a second car.
Old 03-18-2005 | 06:59 PM
You can turbo anything

Second cheapo car is doable. Sounds like it is gonna take a lot of time and work to get this done, but if I keep at it the maybe. For a second car, I was thinking of getting a crappy little 240sx or old 85 corolla, like the drift cars. You can pick them up cheap as hell, but there is a lot of stuff you can do to it. I figure just for fun, and to have a second car.
Old 03-18-2005 | 07:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you have somewhere safe to store the TL when you don't use it?

And you probably won't be able to use the car a whole lot since it will probably have custom paint, you can't have chips and stuff.

Its not all fun and games that it seems to be, and its not that easy, even if you have sponsers. Stuff can happen where they may give you half of something, but you'll be stuck paying the rest of the mod.
Old 03-18-2005 | 08:02 PM
You can turbo anything

True...it's definitely a long process, and something I am not worried about happening in the near future. I am almost done with college, and then I can start doing more of the things that I want being that i can finally make some actual money for myself. Wouldn't mind it ready for next NOPI though. I have been talking to a few shops around Atlanta, and I started talking to a few in Destin/Ft. Walton area where my dad lives. We'll see what I can come up with.
Old 03-18-2005 | 09:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Smitty
and be fore-warned you might need to sit there with your car for 4 hours for a simple photo shoot....

I also heard they sometimes trailer your car across the US for shows, with or without you!...
I told you not to tell anyone... lol, yes he is right somtimes it's a pain in the ass. I just got done doing a indoor studio shoot with my car took over 4 hours to do the shoot and it sucked . But there are some good things along with it too..
Old 03-18-2005 | 09:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4pumpedCL
Gotta know the right people....or have something that is extraordinary. You won't get sponsors to "build" your ride unless you have already built something that shows your dedication.

nuff said, well explained and simple to understand... he is right you dont really have to have a finish prodcut as long as you can prove to the company what you have done in the past or what you can do for them in the future they will be more than happy to sponsor you.

For example. I work with Brian Fox (foxmarketing) he have built many great show stoppers that are well know in the industry and have very strong connects with companies, once the company hear or know that he is involve in a project car the company will grant him a sponsorship with out second thoughts. So thats how one can get sponsored with good connections. On the other hand you can do it yourself by sending out proposal but it takes more time and a bit more effort to do it yourself.
Old 03-18-2005 | 11:01 PM
You can turbo anything

Originally Posted by Essarak Huot
For example. I work with Brian Fox (foxmarketing) he have built many great show stoppers that are well know in the industry and have very strong connects with companies, once the company hear or know that he is involve in a project car the company will grant him a sponsorship with out second thoughts. So thats how one can get sponsored with good connections. On the other hand you can do it yourself by sending out proposal but it takes more time and a bit more effort to do it yourself.
So you basically have an agent for your car? I want to learn how to do fiberglass myself for my trunk, but if I suck at that or can't do the quality that is needs to be for a show, i want a sponsor to do it. How can I go about finding someone like Brian?

I pretty much never stop talking to people and asking questions. So far everyone is really interested in seeing my setup. But as far as looking good I have a ways to go.