Can someone please tell me what is the big deal about the NSX???

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
isnt a maserati spyder a mustang cobra?

i thought they were identical, excluding the sheet metal of course.

If a mustang cobra is an exotic, then the NSX would be a supercar.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:10 PM
I love my CL-S

NSX=TURE EXOTIC

PERIOD
Old 04-01-2002, 12:13 PM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry, my DEFINITION would be a car that will turn heads wherever it goes, one that is extremely rare (probably my problem with the NSX), one that is fast, luxurious, handles like a dream and a car that someone would give anything for. For me, the NSX just doesnt cut it. As I said before, its pretty to look at it, actually quite gorgeous, I just think the interior is lacking and so is the performance for a $90,000 automobile.

One quick question, you said that the NSX is up to par with the ones I chose?? I agree with you out of that group only up to the Maserati level. An NSX is nice looking and does handle very nice (90g it should alot better though) but come on, it is an Accord compared to any Ferrari or Porsche Turbo (it can hold its own with a normal 911). The Z8 to me is an incredibly gorgeous car, I finally had the chance to see one for the first time and wow .

Sorry for the definition confusion earlier, thought you wanted examples.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:18 PM
I love my CL-S

Originally posted by cob3683
[Bbut come on, it is an Accord compared to any Ferrari or Porsche Turbo (it can hold its own with a normal 911). examples. [/B]

what did you just said??

thats the dumbest common i even seem in my life..sorry...i have to say it
Old 04-01-2002, 12:24 PM
Burn some dust here

Originally posted by WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS

what did you just said??

thats the dumbest common i even seem in my life..sorry...i have to say it
HOW is it a dumb commment?? An NSX cannot compare anywhere near to a Porsche Turbo or Ferrari. A 911 Carrera or C4 performance wise is the same as an NSX, AND THAT DAMN CAR IS 15-20g cheaper (depending on your options). A Ferrari is a car that 99.9% of car companies couldnt go after.

BTW, Maserati is made by Ferrari, Panoz is made with Ford parts.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:47 PM
Burn some dust here

Oh, and how come the NSX owners are saying the same thing over on their site???

BTW, The new NSX, I just saw a picture of it on their site. If it looks like that, I take back my comment only for the 03+. The current style I still keep my opinion.
Old 04-01-2002, 02:11 PM
Suzuka Master

How many years have you driven, really?
I'd hate to make such a generalization, but I can't help it.
From the tone of your arguments, I can tell you're a youngster.
Experienced drivers know what makes the NSX great.

Have you test driven a Ferrari or Porsche even? Did you test on a track and/or some twisties?
Then how can you make an accurate comparison?
Old 04-01-2002, 02:54 PM

Sorry, NSX is an EXOTIC.
Handbuilt, aluminum skin, rear engine, low volume etc.

The only problem it may have is the Acura badge. If it were a Maserati or Porsche, it would sell more.

I find it to be along with the 996 Porsche the best daily driver exotic.

I wish I could fit comfortably though!
Old 04-01-2002, 03:01 PM
Contagious

An NSX is considered an exotic car. There is no reason to debate that statement. It meets all the criteria.

And I also believe that our boy cob is a younger individual. You need to take the NSX on an extended drive to get a true appreciation for the car.

Oh, and by the way, they make a LOT less NSX's per year than Ferrari's. The only other cars that compare to the NSX as far as exclusivity (that means how many are produced per year) are Lotus, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, and a few others. Pretty good company if you ask me. You have a better chance of seeing a Ferrari on the road than you do an NSX.

So please, you do not have to like the NSX. You drove it and gave your opinion. Are there better cars out there? Yes. But can you drive those cars everyday and not be worried about how much your next service will be? Absolutely not.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.....
Old 04-01-2002, 03:17 PM
Banned

Think of it this way...the car is 12 years old...and it can still run with the best of them. It used to eat the Corvette...up until the introduction of the C5 and Zo6. Bang for the buck?? I remember a Road And Track where they brought over the previous gen Vette (don't remember, but the performance factory version...the predecessor of the Z06) and it got its ass handed to it by a Skyline...with only 280 hp.....in EVERY performance category. And the NSX is the only true exotic out of Japan...and all those porsches that were named....take it to a track...and the NSX will whup on those Porsches...over and over and over. The NSX is mid-engine RWD...which makes it a cutting edge track car....if you don't know how to drive it....it'll feel funny and not very fast....but there is a reason why every car in F1...KART....GTR series...are all mid engined RWD...the handling is second to none in a professional's hands....and the NSX is forgiving enough for the daily driver as well.
Old 04-01-2002, 03:27 PM
Burn some dust here

Originally posted by KavexTrax
How many years have you driven, really?
I'd hate to make such a generalization, but I can't help it.
From the tone of your arguments, I can tell you're a youngster.
Experienced drivers know what makes the NSX great.

Have you test driven a Ferrari or Porsche even? Did you test on a track and/or some twisties?
Then how can you make an accurate comparison?
Yes, I am 19. Good observation. And for your information, yes I have driven some cars if you would like to be interested??? How about: 2001 911 Turbo (dads best friend is the GM at a Porsche dealer and got to drive it 20 miles or so as it was the GM's CAR); 2002 911 C4S (same situation); my neighbor at home has a 1998 Ferrari 355 spyder F1 (driven that NUMEROUS times); my dad drives an XJR and also a Lexus SC430; and my favorite of the bunch that I have had the pleasure of driving was an M5. So for a young age, I do feel like I have had the chance to have driven my fair share of cars and wouldnt trade a second of any of those experiences. (Trying not to sound like a dick, but thats the only way I can semi prove my standpoint)
I never asked anyone to like my judgement on the NSX, I just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same that the fit and finish of the car agrees that it shouldnt be $90,000. It very well might be an exotic, and that classification can not be done by anyone on this forum. If it were me, Id love the NSX if it were 60-65, but its not. The quality in it was nowhere near my dads SC430, so I have a hard time justifying how its $30,000 more.

BTW, I did have an appreciation for the car for the 20 min I got the chance to drive it. When its fully broken in, I will drive it again. My main point which seems like most everyone agrees on is the price, cause when it comes down to it, its still a $90,000 honda.
Old 04-01-2002, 03:34 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
cause when it comes down to it, its still a $90,000 honda.
And the BAR F1 car is a million dollar honda...
Old 04-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Banned

The Vette is an overpriced Cavalier...and your point?
Old 04-01-2002, 03:49 PM
Burn some dust here

Originally posted by moomaster_99
The Vette is an overpriced Cavalier...and your point?
HAHAHA, OK, have you ever driven??? Thought I would ask that since thats all I have been getting. I dont have a love thing with the corvette guys for the last time, I used it as an example as a terrific sports car that is inexpensive for what you get.

BTW, a NSX WILL NOT "WHUP" a 911 TURBO moo_master. If you think so you are sadly mistaken. Read any magazine, SHIT, go get any driver in the world and take the two on. It will eat an NSX's lunch all day. But thats a different argument cause that in itself is 25,000 more than the NSX.
Old 04-01-2002, 03:52 PM
Atl/Mia reppin'

The sc430 is feminine..

Well, everyone seemed to be defending honda so much i thought it was time for a low-blow
Old 04-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Banned

HAHAHA, OK, have you ever driven??? Thought I would ask that since thats all I have been getting. I dont have a love thing with the corvette guys for the last time, I used it as an example as a terrific sports car that is inexpensive for what you get.

BTW, a NSX WILL NOT "WHUP" a 911 TURBO moo_master. If you think so you are sadly mistaken. Read any magazine, SHIT, go get any driver in the world and take the two on. It will eat an NSX's lunch all day. But thats a different argument cause that in itself is 25,000 more than the NSX.
Okay...maybe not whup...but an NSX will more than hold its own against a Porsche 911 Turbo....given the turbos hp advantage...this talks volumes about the a 12 year old suspension design....
Old 04-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS
NSX=TURE EXOTIC

PERIOD
I agree!
Old 04-01-2002, 03:57 PM
Burn some dust here

Originally posted by moomaster_99
Okay...maybe not whup...but an NSX will more than hold its own against a Porsche 911 Turbo....given the turbos hp advantage...this talks volumes about the a 12 year old suspension design....
There is not one single catagory where an NSX will beat a 911 Turbo. Period. True, for a 12 year old car, its very good. But so is an SL500. Also if you looked earlier, your Chevrolet Cavalier imposter is rated one of the highest sports cars to date. Damn, must be a total POS.
Old 04-01-2002, 03:59 PM
Burn some dust here

Originally posted by ATLcl98
The sc430 is feminine..

Well, everyone seemed to be defending honda so much i thought it was time for a low-blow
Thats why its my moms car but shes to scared to drive it.
Old 04-01-2002, 04:08 PM
Advanced

Its just like our car, "BANG-FOR-THE-BUCK." Find me a better, fully equipped, fast car thats 45g that could whip a Vette. THERE ARE NONE.
A turbo Civic Si could for a lot less, heh heh...:P
Old 04-01-2002, 04:09 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cob3683, The Corvette is a true bargin, as far as speed is concerned. I will never own one because of its terrible reliability and a playschool interior. You have to realize that the NSX is more than straight line speed. To many car enthusiasts the NSX is one of the best sports cars of all time.
Old 04-01-2002, 04:11 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh no, not another kiddie in diapers. Mommy and daddy still give you lunch money?
Old 04-01-2002, 04:25 PM
Burn some dust here

Originally posted by Zapata
Oh no, not another kiddie in diapers. Mommy and daddy still give you lunch money?
Gee, your a successful businessman if your maturity level is that high. And yes, they still do. I have a job but can not afford out of state tuition on my own, so of course they do. So let me guess? I might have actually proved a point and your comeback was "Mommy and daddy...." WELL DONE
Old 04-01-2002, 04:39 PM
Banned

There is not one single catagory where an NSX will beat a 911 Turbo. Period. True, for a 12 year old car, its very good. But so is an SL500. Also if you looked earlier, your Chevrolet Cavalier imposter is rated one of the highest sports cars to date. Damn, must be a total POS.
Whatever....anything i say is not going to make the NSX look good in your eyes....sorry, what can I say....and that POS Cavalier is still built like a cavalier..
Old 04-01-2002, 04:42 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
A Saleen s-281E is a better value...better performer...better looking
Old 04-01-2002, 04:47 PM