Can the new TL play DVD's on the nav?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 05:16 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can the new TL play DVD's on the nav?

I know they cant play reg DVDs stock but can you wire it or add something to play reg DVD's on the NAV?
Old 08-10-2004, 05:17 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
yes you can get an adapter to do it. same as with CL
Old 08-10-2004, 05:17 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by soopa
yes you can get an adapter to do it. same as with CL

Will it be in 5.1?
Old 08-10-2004, 06:00 PM
I need FI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yep
Old 08-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Banned

I have a New 04 TL with Navi as a loaner, while they install a new tranny on my CLS and they take it back, so i can decide what car i want. I can only say i'm very impressed with the Navi and all features it does, and that big screen you would be able to watch DVDs very clearly, i'm can just see the mod to watch the XM Sat Cable stations. Also 10 days ago when i had to 04 TSX loaner i can see it been a must have if you do alot of driving
Old 08-10-2004, 10:10 PM
M to da DZ

Originally Posted by Will Smith from ID4
I have got to get me one of these.
If i could afford the 04 TL, i'd get that the cls is nice and all, but shit.. anyone who's driven the 04 TL can see and feel the difference.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

and u must be :blaze: , why dont you go on a-tl.com ??
Old 08-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Banned

Interesting read, but how much for all the options, I got approved for a 04 TL today, maybe its in my interests to wait and see the the new CL appears

The performance-oriented Type-S has been dropped. Type-S intenders should not be dismayed, however, as Honda's luxury car division has endowed the new TL with the essential features and capabilities of the Type-S. And in the pipeline is an optional suspension setup intended to bring the TL's handling even closer to the company's admitted benchmark for the class, the BMW 5 Series sedans.

The 2004 Acura TL is outfitted with almost every luxury amenity buyers in the class seek or expect, plus one or two either not offered elsewhere or available for the first time in any class. Topping this list is a stereo system that redefines the overused term premium. Not content with a multi-speaker, externally power-amplified, DVD/CD/cassette/AM/FM/XM Satellite Radio system, Acura has added a technology known as DVD-Audio 5.1. DVDs recorded with this technology triple the channels in traditional stereo and virtual (electronically synthesized) surround sound systems, from two to six. The hope is to do for digital recordings what Dolby did for analog tapes. This more discrete surround sound is common in recording studio gear and has only recently begun appearing in home entertainment systems. Also standard, and another first, is a hands-free, wireless, cellular telephone capability (that is, the buyer provides the phone) employing Bluetooth technology.

Acura's navigation system ($2000) is the only major option offered (at least initially) for the 2004 TL. The system features voice recognition of 293 verbal commands, including adjustments to the stereo and climate control system and selection of more than 7 million points of interest (restaurants, lodging, airports, shopping malls, etc.). All this information is also accessible through a dash-mounted touch screen and assorted knobs and switches. With the navigation system buyers get what Acura calls 3D Solar Sensing Climate Control. Using time of day and direction of travel, this calculates the sun's position relative to the car to adjust side-to-side interior temperatures to maintain desired settings.

High performance tires are optional ($200) with the 6-speed manual transmission.

Also available, though not initially, is a sport suspension package called A-SPEC. This includes firmer springs and shock absorbers, unique 18-inch wheels wearing Z-rated Yokohama tires, aero/ground effects body pieces, special steering wheel, upgraded brake pads for cars with the automatic transmission and bragging-rights body badges.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:26 PM
M to da DZ

Originally Posted by CLean B

and u must be :blaze: , why dont you go on a-tl.com ??
hey hey hey i'm faithful to my cls, i'm no traitor.. but DAMN look at that car man. it's so pimp.