A/C Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 02:59 PM
FWD tuna boat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A/C Question

on the AC, there is a "fresh/vent" button? well, i personally like to have the AC on "fresh" (or recirculate) all the time. if it's in the "vent" mode, i smell other cars fumes, which i hate.

well, too often the AC switches to "vent" automatically and i have to press the button to get back to "fresh".

is there a way to permanently keep in on "fresh"?
Old 06-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Pro

If you push the recirculate button, it doesn't switch over; it only switches over if it's so hot the car automaytically goes into recirculate and the after the car cools down it goes to fresh air mode automatically. If you manually turn on recirculate, it shouldn't switch over to fresh.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by louisn
If you push the recirculate button, it doesn't switch over; it only switches over if it's so hot the car automaytically goes into recirculate and the after the car cools down it goes to fresh air mode automatically. If you manually turn on recirculate, it shouldn't switch over to fresh.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Burning Brakes

well how about when the AC is on recirculate and then you push the "off button", then the recirculate turns off and the air from outside starts to get into the car. Is there a way to turn it "off" and not have the outside air come in without having to push the recirculate button?
Old 06-22-2005, 08:56 PM
buy my car

unless you rewire the ac and such-i think you will have to keep pressing the recirculate/vent button. on an open road vent is cool. but i feel you-in jersey, there arent many open roads to utilize the vent option.
maybe there is a fuse???
Old 06-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by m&b6speed
unless you rewire the ac and such-i think you will have to keep pressing the recirculate/vent button. on an open road vent is cool. but i feel you-in jersey, there arent many open roads to utilize the vent option.
maybe there is a fuse???
damn that sucks. what kind of stupid design is that anyway
Old 06-23-2005, 06:13 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by andyjl
well how about when the AC is on recirculate and then you push the "off button", then the recirculate turns off and the air from outside starts to get into the car. Is there a way to turn it "off" and not have the outside air come in without having to push the recirculate button?
If you push recirculate button , with the system off, you will not get any outside air in your vehicle. You only have to push it once once the system is off. I don't see a problem. It makes perfect sense.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:28 AM
FWD tuna boat

damn that sucks. what kind of stupid design is that anyway
i dunno. all of my other cars STAY on recirculate if you press the button. this car automatically switches to vent when it feels like it. i notice when i smell fumes.

this is why i had to ask the few thousand members if there was a trick

guess not

i do mostly city driving...and anyone who lives here knows how dense miami traffic is.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Pro

Mine has never done this but that might be because I dont use auto. I control the temp and fan speed manually and it stays on recirc. I also switch to fresh and turn the a/c off about 2 minutes before shutting it down so it doesnt get all moldy smelling. 5 years later it is still fine.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dgracer
Mine has never done this but that might be because I dont use auto. I control the temp and fan speed manually and it stays on recirc. I also switch to fresh and turn the a/c off about 2 minutes before shutting it down so it doesnt get all moldy smelling. 5 years later it is still fine.
stupid question, but how do you turn on the ac without turning the "auto" button? i thought that was the only way to turn it on
Old 06-23-2005, 03:21 PM
FWD tuna boat

stupid question, but how do you turn on the ac without turning the "auto" button? i thought that was the only way to turn it on
not a stupid question, but a stupid setup.

yes, the only way to turn the AC on is by pressing the auto button. should be an ON button instead of AUTO. i dont understand it myself...

i NEVER use the auto function on the AC knob, but the screen always says auto. i always set the temp and fan manually.

did i mention that i HATE it when it automatically goes into VENT mode?
Old 06-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by andre
not a stupid question, but a stupid setup.

yes, the only way to turn the AC on is by pressing the auto button. should be an ON button instead of AUTO. i dont understand it myself...

i NEVER use the auto function on the AC knob, but the screen always says auto. i always set the temp and fan manually.

did i mention that i HATE it when it automatically goes into VENT mode?
oh lol..my bad i wrote it wrong and made you misunderstand. I meant to say, is there another way to turn on the AC without pushing the "auto" button, and not that turning knob. I do manually set it too, and I too, hate it when it goes into VENT mode. Acura should fix this nuissance.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:51 PM
FWD tuna boat

oh lol..my bad i wrote it wrong and made you misunderstand. I meant to say, is there another way to turn on the AC without pushing the "auto" button, and not that turning knob. I do manually set it too, and I too, hate it when it goes into VENT mode. Acura should fix this nuissance.
i understood you.

the auto BUTTON is the only way to turn the AC on.

there's also the auto SETTING on the temp knob (which i never use). since i dont use the auto SETTING, then why the hell does it go into VENT mode if it's not on that auto SETTING? this is why it's an issue to me.

it's really no big deal, but like you mentioned it is a nusicance...i deal with it EVERY DAY...
Old 06-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by andre
i understood you.

the auto BUTTON is the only way to turn the AC on.

there's also the auto SETTING on the temp knob (which i never use). since i dont use the auto SETTING, then why the hell does it go into VENT mode if it's not on that auto SETTING? this is why it's an issue to me.

it's really no big deal, but like you mentioned it is a nusicance...i deal with it EVERY DAY...
i never keep it on the auto setting on the temp knob since it just starts to blast the air , and i donj't like that
Old 06-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Pro

Push the a/c button and it comes on w/o pushing the auto button.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:43 PM
BUY MY CL - see garage!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
leaving on recirc is dangerous. on a long ride you can use all the oxygen in the car.

i know it seems stupid, but keep a car on recirc, then take a 2hr drive - you get VERY sleepy
Old 06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
if you only knew...

Originally Posted by lokijibber
leaving on recirc is dangerous. on a long ride you can use all the oxygen in the car.

i know it seems stupid, but keep a car on recirc, then take a 2hr drive - you get VERY sleepy
You're right. Leaving the recirculate on does not allow any new air to come into the car - not a good idea. If you just push the a/c button, the air will automatically turn on right where you left it. I do this all the time as I like the setting where the a/c comes out of the vents in the dash as well as the ones by your feet.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:57 AM
Burning Brakes

interesting, i shall try that next time