Buzzing sound from the driver's window!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 02:04 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buzzing sound from the driver's window!!

It is very annoyoing (next to my left ear) low-pitch buzzing sound coming from the driver's window?

Anyone knows why? Any solutions?

Thanks
Old 10-17-2005, 07:28 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same buzzing. i took it to the acura dealer and they said they did something or another...but it still makes the noise.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
is it only at high speeds? I have this certain sound at high speeds that sounds like a baseball card in spokes of a wheel. If i'm driving and hold the window up with the button, the noise goes away. When i let go of the button it comes back. It doesnt happen every time, but it has happened before.

to solve this issue.......turn the radio up. lol
Old 10-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, I've got the same thing... Dealer said something about lubricating the door seal, but that only helped a for a little while. Ended up using the Red-CL method to take care of it... I actually need to do it again:

Disclaimer, this worked for me, but others have mentioned that the rattle might be caused by the window regulator being adjusted too tightly (UNCTYPE-S sounds like your regulator is not adjusted tight enough).

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=static

Oh, I get the same type of rattle when I have a 1/2 empty coke can in the cup holder too, so make sure you don't have something in the cupholder that can bounce around.

Edit: Just realized you bumped a thread from 2002 Welcome to the forum !!
Old 10-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
hmmm......mine isnt a rattle though. It's not a loud sound either. It's never noticeable unless my radio is all the way down and all the windows/moonroof are up. This only happens when im going higher then 60mph (at least what I have noticed). It seriously sounds like a baseball card in a spoke of a wheel when it is moving. Only way I can describe it. It doesnt happen to the passenger side either.

I'm not worried about it.

edit: I just noticed it was bumped too.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
hmmm......mine isnt a rattle though. It's not a loud sound either. It's never noticeable unless my radio is all the way down and all the windows/moonroof are up. This only happens when im going higher then 60mph (at least what I have noticed). It seriously sounds like a baseball card in a spoke of a wheel when it is moving. Only way I can describe it. It doesnt happen to the passenger side either.

I'm not worried about it.

edit: I just noticed it was bumped too.
Yeah, it doesn't worry me much either. It doesn't happen all the time, and I only really notice it when the radio is off.

I like to describe it as "radio static"... it's not a rattle, but a clicking type sound... hard to describe, but sometimes it's agravating...
Old 10-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
damn, i heard a buzzing last week, but it seemed to be coming from the front windshield. i haven't noticed anything over the past couple days, but if it persists, i will try this. thanks Greenie and Red (we miss you man)
Old 10-20-2005, 03:42 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
It is very annoyoing (next to my left ear) low-pitch buzzing sound coming from the driver's window?

Anyone knows why? Any solutions?

Thanks
Does the buzzing sound only occur with driver's window roller all the way up and with either the passenger window or sunroof open? This is when I hear a buzzing sound from the driver's window, but only when there's enough positive cabin pressure from the incoming air through the open window or sunroof. I end up lightly tapping the window down-switch to eliminate the sound. I'm schedule to bring my car in on Monday for a 50k mile service. I'll see what the service guys find. I'm guessing they'll replace the window regulator, like they've done twice before.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
I have this same problem in mine. It happens when the sunroof is open (even more when the sunroof is in tilt). Acura looked at it a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago and they thought it was a bolt on the window that wasn't tightened:

1. so they tightened it, didn't fix it.

2. they replaced the bolt, didn't fix it.

After that they didn't know what it was anymore and gave up.

Since then i've given up too and gotten used to it, but it does annoy me once in a while.

when i push on the bottom of the window (rolled up) from the inside using just my thumb, the buzzing sound goes away.

and it only happens when i'm going over 65mph

Old 10-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SG81
damn, i heard a buzzing last week, but it seemed to be coming from the front windshield. i haven't noticed anything over the past couple days, but if it persists, i will try this. thanks Greenie and Red (we miss you man)
I've got something creaking in the dash area too. Since it's down in the low 40's now in the morning, I'm noticing it again (it went away in the winter). Have to try using matchbooks wedged into spots here and there to see if I can locate where it's coming form.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by NSX-Tuner
I'm schedule to bring my car in on Monday for a 50k mile service. I'll see what the service guys find. I'm guessing they'll replace the window regulator, like they've done twice before.
It's funny, but I sometimes think I'd get better service if I did somethings myself instead of bringing it to the "experts"
Old 10-21-2005, 03:05 AM
Beware of leakage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same thing in mine, I was tired of the dealership touching anything in the car and greasing up my parchment interior, so I said I'll live with it..

I wondered what happened to ole Nashua