Brembo Rotor GroupBuy

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 07:44 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep

Your absolutely Right TypeR

Anybody else out there want to be the G.PIG for the FRONTS ? Since I have KVRs Coming from TIM, I don't need the FRONTS.

Since My Guys in California, I probably won't be hearing from him till around 11:00-11:00 E.S.T.

I'd like to get 1 other person involved in this for Testing Purposes, and help me follow up with this while i'm out of TOWN Next week.

Send me a PM if I have a TAKER. First intersted PM that's interested in Fronts can help me with this thing.

Originally posted by typeR
caddy ...not to trow a monkey wrench into this but it would be the front set that would be most telling...ErikL mike B at comptech told me that the rotors they sell which i believe are KVR are OEM blanks and would not be reduced in weight to any large degree,only the loss of mass due to x drilling...not sure if thats true either just thats what mike said...i have to believe that maybe people were getting the 11.1 rotor from the accord mistakenly
Old 05-23-2002, 08:05 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of this controversy when I stated in like the third post that I had talked to Brembo and they did not have disks in our size but were working on them.

I tell ya, no respect.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

caddy....just sent you a pm
let me know, i'll put them on my car and for anyone interested, if i have them in time I will be at the PAA meet
Old 05-23-2002, 09:22 AM
Banned

! Perfect

Good Deal ch1276 !

This way Other Interested parties can View them for themselves.

Just awaiting replies to the MANY Emails I've sent the seller.

Appreciate the Help !

Originally posted by ch1276
caddy....just sent you a pm
let me know, i'll put them on my car and for anyone interested, if i have them in time I will be at the PAA meet
Old 05-23-2002, 10:29 AM
on bin laden

caddy,

i read all the posts so far, sign me up for front & rear sets.
Old 05-23-2002, 10:29 AM
Retired Post Whore

YO thats pretty hot! Im down for the brembo rotors! Add me to the list. I want the front and rear rotors. "Infamuz23@aol.com"
Old 05-23-2002, 10:31 AM
Burning Brakes

put me down for cadium frt & rear

email me vittallo@aol.com
Old 05-23-2002, 10:32 AM
Drifting

yeah lets get this ball rolling and see if they fit for sure and make sure everything is in place. If it all looks good I should be in to
Old 05-23-2002, 11:07 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by fbazakos
caddy,

i read all the posts so far, sign me up for front & rear sets.

Is not a single person here listening? I think three of us have posted information directly from Brembo stating that they do not have our rotor size but are working on it. Last estimate said 6 months to completion.

Can all of you people throw some of this money my way? I can sell you the Brooklyn Bridge for a song
Old 05-23-2002, 11:28 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by JZ

Is not a single person here listening? I think three of us have posted information directly from Brembo stating that they do not have our rotor size but are working on it. Last estimate said 6 months to completion.

Can all of you people throw some of this money my way? I can sell you the Brooklyn Bridge for a song
I think they are hearing you, but its only 230 for all 4 and if they fit and work some of us might just go with these. I'll bet when brembo has some for our car it will be more like 230 for each set (front/rear). Just like xypher and AEM was with the CAI's. One is a person doing it on the side himself and one is a major company, but both work well
Old 05-23-2002, 11:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

that's how i'm looking at it....yeah they are not Brembo rotors, but for $230, how bad can they be?
Old 05-23-2002, 12:23 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only Brembo blanks I know of are for the 1st Gen CL/TL. I have not heard of any for Brembo Blanks for the 99+ up CL/TL, otherwise Accord V6ers would have them alreadyl. Also, Brembo Blanks should be pretty cheap as ITR ones are darn cheap! I guess Demand and Supply...and we dont have enough demand.
Old 05-23-2002, 12:38 PM
('''\_(o_0)_/''')

I would, but I don't see the need of replacing the ones I currently have. Yes, it sounds like I'm a cheap skate, but with a tire change, the braking is much better.

Besides, I'm not keeping the TL TOO much longer as a daily driver...waiting for the 2004's.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by NOLACLS

I think they are hearing you, but its only 230 for all 4 and if they fit and work some of us might just go with these. I'll bet when brembo has some for our car it will be more like 230 for each set (front/rear). Just like xypher and AEM was with the CAI's. One is a person doing it on the side himself and one is a major company, but both work well

I called Brembo back today and there is “good” news!

1. I spent some time checking into the “blank” vs. “rotor” issue and hopefully this info helps out. (“Communication” and “semantics” is VERY important). Brembo DOES make OEM replacement rotors (no slots or x-drilling) that are available to distributors and/or jobbers. You can’t buy the part directly from Brembo (so says Brembo), and it is in their OEM line-up. They only offer the rotor for the front (2001-2003 CLS). There is a good chance that someone could use one of their other “rear” OEM rotors as a “blank” to machine into a viable CLS rear rotor. The high-performance parts are still not ready, but they have moved up the date to July (so I was told today). The only difference between the OEM and high-performance parts is: the hi-perf rotors are slotted, x-drilled, and/or x-drilled AND slotted. The metallurgy is identical between the OEMS and hi-performance parts.

BTW, if anyone thinks a blank is a blank (a rotor is a rotor), they need to look at this link:

http://htm29.ms.ornl.gov/rsuc/rotor.html

The following Graph showing difference in rotors warping due to “heat treatment”

One should also realize that there are giant variations of the residual stresses due to the casting operations and everyone’s got a different process. (Brembo is good stuff, just make sure you get it.)

If any of you guys do get these rotors (or any others):

1. Please break-in the pads well and you should also “season the rotors” (See the baer link below) for information on "bedding in your brake pads" and on “rotor seasoning” info. (This stuff isn’t BS)

Bedding links:

http://www.c5-corvette.com/Articles/...brake_pads.htm

http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/pads.htm (info on bedding is not at the top of the page)

http://www.baer.com/bedding_street/ (has some info on rotor seasoning in here)

2. (Previously mentioned) If you are going to be a G.Pig, do make sure that you get the fronts. They carry about 80% of the braking force for our car (I can tell just by the front-to-rear temperature difference in my wheel temperatures after a fast ride with a 1-mile change in elevation.)

(I mention all of this as, it is possible to mistreat any “great” rotor and end up with crappy performance and warp problems.)

3. Finally, you might want to consider some “good” pads, Porterfield, etc, etc.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Banned

JZ

I hear your Concerns.

Everyone. I am going to grab a set of the REARs or Today and
ch1276 states that he's going to TEST the FRONTS. He will also be at an upcoming meet so many will have opportunity to look them over there.

Let me get mine ordered. As I said, I'll be on Vacation NEXT week, so You won't be hearing from me. Maybe
ch1276 would like to take over my SPOT till I get back to provide everyone with updates and information.

ch1276--give me a yell on my email and i'll hook you up with some more detail. Let's get ours ordered.

Originally posted by JZ ch1276

Old 05-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Pro

I would prefer Brembo blanks. I would get cross-drilled if my pocket was actaully unlimited or when I get my Feeerrraaari.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Banned

Rears On the Way

My Rears Have been ordered and they will be here middle of next week. Hopefully one Week from MONDAY I will have both my KVR Fronts and these Brembo Rears put on.

Soon as I hear back from ch1276, he's going to place his order. I believe he Stated that he will be at the PIAA meet. Hopefully he'll have these in time for those at the meet to see.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:40 PM
Drifting

WOW awsome info EricL!!!!! Ok well Caddy let us know how it goes and i am looking forward to seeing some pics and reviews!!
Old 05-23-2002, 06:08 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by TypeSDragoon
now, I autoX in my car, which means accelerate very fast, and brake hard in short distances with a heavy car. how will these rotors hold on on things like that?
Old 05-23-2002, 09:33 PM
Banned

Seeing as I"M NOT a ROTOR / Racing Expert, I'll simply Quote what i've heard AND what's been stated about the ROTORS.

THESE ROTORS ARE NOT JUST FOR LOOKS THE SLOT DESIGN ARE FOR KEEPING THE BRAKE DUST OFF THE ROTORS AND THE DRILLED ARE FOR KEEPING THE BRAKE ROTORS COOL.

Supposedly helps prevent Brake "FADE"

I've talked to the BRAKEMAN However. All this CROSS-Drilling and Slotting is MAINLY FOR LOOKS, as is the Cadmium Plating. Realize that up front. Sure they'll probably cool quicker, but MOST of us -- 98 % of us I woud say -- Won't realize any difference.

If you want E X P E R T Advise: See MY OTher POST: " I've GOT YOUR ROTORS" In that post I've got the Brakeman's link. I've talked with him on the phone. If $$ IS NO PROBLEM and you Think YOU DRIVE Like M. ANDRETTI, Get his HURRICANE ROTORS.

There ONLY 800 BUCKS !

Originally posted by TypeSDragoon
Old 05-23-2002, 09:36 PM
Banned

Eric

PMs fill up too quick for my Liking: if you need me, just email me:

caddy@comcast.net
Old 05-24-2002, 12:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

ok....i called this guy today and he is going to make sure that the rotors will fit my 2003 CLP and get back to me later on today. As long as they are good, I will be ordering. I'll keep you guys posted. If I get them I am going to call PAA and ask if they will put them on at the meet next Sunday.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:53 PM
Banned

I find this interesting

Does anyone out there know if the CLP rotors are the same size ad the CL-S ROTORS ?

I would think they would be.

ok....i called this guy today and he is going to make sure that the rotors will fit my 2003 CLP and get back to me later on today. As long as they are good, I will be ordering. I'll keep you guys posted. If I get them I am going to call PAA and ask if they will put them on at the meet next Sunday.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:55 PM
Banned

And to Answer another Question

Slotted Rotors Can be turned. Check out ACP Rotors on TIMS site. IT States that fact right on the Ordering Page.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Racer

I had these on my accord and they warped on me (was using them with EBC Green stuff pads) .. but then accord = smaller rotors = more heat = warped rotors so maybe you guys will have better luck
Old 05-24-2002, 01:15 PM
Banned

Do I have ANYONE else that's going to be at the PIAA Meet, that want's to get a FRONT Set of these ROTORS now ? There may be a delay with information back to Chris due to his being a CLP and I want to make sure that we have SOMEONE with CL-S Type who wants to try them out.

If I have a taker, give me a yell: caddy@comcast.net and I'll get you in touch with the Seller.
Old 05-25-2002, 07:14 AM
Banned

?

Anyone want to Purchase the FRONTs, so we can Verify this Deal ?

Come on People I leave for vacation tomorrow. If someone that wants/needs the fronts and is going to be at an up coming MEET like PAA doesn't get them ordered by Monday or Tuesday, Our other Members here aren't going to know if they'll want to proceed.

This Thread's just going to sit around Dead and inactive till I come back and pick up my R E A R rotors; and I'm NOT going to any upcoming meet.

All I'm going to be able to do is weigh them and Give you "GENERAL" impressions.

IF no one else wants to bite, I can just as eaisly let this thing die. UP to you. I 'm NOT going to Hound or post concerning this matter again.
Old 05-25-2002, 01:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well I called him and he has not gotten back to me yet. I am leaving for Vegas Monday so if I don't hear from him today or tomorrow, looks like I will not have them for the PAA meet.
Old 05-25-2002, 04:33 PM
Banned

Call him Monday Chris

That's all I can tell you. I'll be heading to the Carolinas For Vacation myself. Be leaving in the a.m.

Anybody wants his # to order fronts, give me a yell.

Well I called him and he has not gotten back to me yet. I am leaving for Vegas Monday so if I don't hear from him today or tomorrow, looks like I will not have them for the PAA meet.
Old 06-01-2002, 08:53 PM
Banned

KVRs IN !

KVR Rotors are in, they look Great. Cross-Drilled. I'll weigh them tomorrow. Brembos Didn't come in while I was away on Vacation. Probably should be here Monday or Tuesday. I'll Post weight soon as I get them.
Old 06-02-2002, 12:04 PM
Banned

Re: KVRs WT.

KVR FRONT rotors weigh 18lbs.

Fronts Should be slightly bigger than rears. I'll Let you know what the Brembos weigh, soon as I get them.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:28 AM
Drifting

Re: Re: KVRs WT.

Originally posted by caddy
KVR FRONT rotors weigh 18lbs.

Fronts Should be slightly bigger than rears. I'll Let you know what the Brembos weigh, soon as I get them.
Good work...keep us posted
Old 06-03-2002, 01:19 PM
Banned

KVRs ON !

Well my KVRs are on, and they look great. Small piece of "SLAG" that required a little "non-directional" buffing, but I think it'll be fine. I may have to talk with TIM about that.

BREMBOs haven't come back from being "PLATED" yet, so they haven't even been shipped to me yet.

I'll keep you guys posted. Plating seems to GREATLY increase the shipping time here. Something you guys may need to think about. I'll try to weigh the STOCK rotors today, just for curiosity / comparison purposes.

Cheers
Old 07-05-2002, 02:04 PM
Banned

Here you go

My apologies on NOT getting back to everyone. Seems "BOOMER" our Seller could NOT Produce on the Rear Rotors, which is WHAT I needed, but he's "OPEN FOR Business" for the Fronts.

Here's the Details: "THEIR IS GOING TO BE A TWO DAY TURN AROUND FOR EVERY ORDER. MY NUMBER IS 562-218-3888"

Give him a Ring if your Interested.

Cheers
Caddy
Old 07-05-2002, 05:43 PM
Banned

Re: Here you go

BUMP
^^^^^
Here's the Details: "THEIR IS GOING TO BE A TWO DAY TURN AROUND FOR EVERY ORDER. MY NUMBER IS 562-218-3888"

Give him a Ring if your Interested.

Cheers
Caddy [/B][/QUOTE]
Old 07-09-2002, 04:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Bioyuki also had KVR rotors put in, brembo blanks and drilled later on with treatment too i believe. TLS owner in Orange County, CA

Old 07-09-2002, 06:46 AM
Banned

BUMP
^^^^^
Old 07-09-2002, 07:39 PM
Banned

Give him a Call

This from the Seller: "

CAN YOU TELL EVERYONE THAT WANTS TO ORDER TO CALL ME 562-218-3888 I'M READY TO SHIP.

THANKS BOOMER