Blown Turbo!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 08:17 PM
You can turbo anything

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah...i do need to perfect it before i even start marketing it...I can look at the first gen cl for you, but I think it is gonna be completely different as far as the piping goes...and that is the only reason for making a kit...the initial piping can get real expensive. The rest of the stuff is easy and based on what the individual wants. I would just find a first gen cl piping kit and then build your own from there.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:34 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, I'm probably gonna be better off doing a lot of research on my own and setting up the piping.

btw. I can't visualise any sort of setup for the IC piping. are there IC's out there with the inlet and outlet on the same side? that's the only way I can see this happening on my 3.0. I see no way to get teh piping in one side and out the other without some excess piping. you think I'd be able to get away with 2.25" piping on teh J30 since it's flowing a lot less air than the J32's?

or can anybody point me in a direction on where I can read up on all the technical info for turbo kit building?
Old 03-28-2005, 10:45 AM
You can turbo anything

Actually if you have the J30 then you will running the same setup, just different piping. The kit I want to make will also be mocked up for the AV6. Which you probably know is the J30 accord. I haven't looked at the specs, but I am sure that if it doesn't flow as much air as the J32, then it is pretty darn close. Also, with the IC, we all have the problem of running the piping around the engine compartement and need the Inlet/Outlet on the same side. I used a stock MKIII supra intercooler that is setup like this, but spearco makes one too. It's a difference of $78 or $475. The spearco flow a lot more air tho.
BTW, I am using 2" piping for the IC because it increase the air pressure and maintains boost.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 634 Likes on 281 Posts
if you're gonna sell a kit here, make sure you talk to me first.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:57 PM
You can turbo anything

Not a problem...it won't be just one kit. I will talk with you about doing it in group sales...It's a few months out though.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Safety Car

hmm, ok I'm learning something new every day, and the possibility of a turbo setu pon my car is ever increasing.

ok, so let me get the list straight on what would be needed. I'll probably be doing pretty low boost 3-5 psi, I'll need piping, turbo, IC, wastegate, BOV, cooler plugs, and what else?

will I need to replace my stock fuel injectors (I'm guessing yes)? I see you have the e-manage, and are looking to get the "comptech FMU". If you've already got the e-manage, why would you need something else to control the fuel? or is the FMU purely mechanical and it would be controlled by the e-manage? also, would I need a larger fuel pump, or could I get away with a fuel pump "booster"?

god I love this site. everybody is so helpful.
"well that's because you have big jugs."

sorry I couldn't resist the reference.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:12 PM
You can turbo anything

Ok...This is how we all came upon the fuel resolution. Comptech has the supercharger kit for the J32A2 (Type-S). That kit only uses the Comptech FPR and ESM to control everything. The supercharger runs about the same if not more boost than I am trying to run, and with the High Boost Pulley, even more. If you only want to run 3-5 psi for now, then you can get away with just the regulator and some way of adjusting the signal pulse to the injectors. The emanage may not be neccessary. I wanted it so I could retard the timing.

The Comptech FPR controls the psi of fuel going into the injectors. The emanage does not control anything more than the injectors themselves. It adjust the signal pulse (how fast the injectors squirt or the pulsation of the injectors opening and closing.) On top of that you need a FPR to control how much fuel goes in each pulse (pressure or psi), which is the comptech adjustable rising rate fpr. Plus, I have the walbro 255lph fuel pump which is why I am running rich right now and need a regulator to lesson the pressure and amount of fuel going into the engine.

I would go with the fuel pump. It is inexpensive, about 90 bucks, and easy to install and more effecient, and can support more horsepower.

As far as what more you will need: fuel pump, oil lines, gauges, new exhaust, fittings (tap into the oil pan), and lots of misc. stuff like t fittings for vacuum lines or even a vacuum box. Personally I am not worrying about the plugs right now...That is fine tuning stuff to worry about once everything is running. Getting the kit on is the most important part, the move on to tuning for A/F ratio, then perfect the kit with stuff like plugs, wires, better hoses to resist heat, etc.

I would say do your research on each thing and then buy it. Don't try and buy everything at once. A custom kit is just that, and takes time to build. I may have this thing on, but it is far from perfect. Talk to the shops around your area and find out if any of them have done work to your type of car. After enough referencing and asking around you will start to learn what you need and how to do it. Then you can start building a kit, and it is damn fun.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Safety Car

awesome. thanks a lot. that's incredibly helpful and reassuring. I've got more questions, but you've been more than helpful enough and I've got some homework to do, so I'll ask them later.