The Blitzsafe is in! PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Blitzsafe is in! PICS!

I got my XM Blitzsafe adapter today and put it in! It was a bitch pluging it in the back of the deck and I have a couple of battle wounds from it but I finally got it without taking out the deck. I the location of my tuner keeps me from opening the tray but thats ok, I hate that thing anyway and never, ever use it. I pulled the wires thru the small crack at the top of the tray and ran them thru the back. The only wire you see is the power cord which I'm also going to do the same with once I get a longer power cord that will reach all the way into the console.

Oh, BTW, I finally found the color I really like for the trim pieces. I also painted the scratched up shift gate to match. It really looks awesome when the sun hits it. I think I've also found a painter to do the door and quater trim.

What do you guys think?

Sorry for the crappy pics but you get the idea.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wasn't that in there on saturday?

btw. we really need to figure out why your car is so slow... something is definitely wrong
Old 03-27-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Yeah, the XM was but not the Blitzsafe. I had not posted anything about so I figured I would. I hadn't painted the shift gate yet either.

I sprayed some lube on the whatchmacallit yesterday but I can't really tell. It definitely doesn't feel as bad as it was on Sat. but it's hard to say honestly. I'd really like to know what the problem is.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:03 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yep it is a pita to install, but totally worth it. I have mine ghetto'd right now, have it coming up the side of the center console because I just put my mp3 player in the cupholder. lol
Old 03-28-2006, 12:08 AM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
i bet that was a bitch to do. dude. i didn't know you have the parchment interior! do you prefer it to the ebony?
Old 03-28-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S
i bet that was a bitch to do. dude. i didn't know you have the parchment interior! do you prefer it to the ebony?
Yeah, it was a bitch. I really do like the look of the Parchment over the Ebony. The silver trim looks really nice with it too. Oh, I notice that the parchment is easier to clean over the ebony too. I remember that from when my ex had the 6MT. Her's was ebony and a PITA to keep clean.

Joe: That Blitzsafe is outstanding, it sounds just like a CD now. Mine was ghetto'd too. I was using the cassette adapter and I was trying to hide all the wires under the side trim on the console. My power wire that you see still runs under the trim, into the plug in the armrest. That I'm going to be changing. I think I've come up with an idea to hard wire it though. The problem is, you have to use the plug the XM came with because it's got some kind of converter or something in it I think. I really want to lose the wire though.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:09 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thats why I havent put my XM Roady in yet. Its nice having a battery powered mp3 player cuz all i need is the input. I just dont feel like buying the MyFi when I barely use my xm as is.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:52 AM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe5.0
Thats why I havent put my XM Roady in yet. Its nice having a battery powered mp3 player cuz all i need is the input. I just dont feel like buying the MyFi when I barely use my xm as is.
MyFi is trash........Don't waste your money. I sold mine after about 15 days.

Lord Helmet, How can you say the ebony is hard to keep clean? Its black so it shows no dirt and mine still looks as good as the day I picked up my car
Old 03-28-2006, 08:04 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by spdy0001
Lord Helmet, How can you say the ebony is hard to keep clean? Its black so it shows no dirt and mine still looks as good as the day I picked up my car
I have experienced both interiors and the reason I say that is simple... Just like your NBP exterior (like mine) is a real PITA to keep clean. It shows all things dirt. The Ebony interior is the same way. Esp. is you are a smoker. :blaze: I also think it ages better and shows less wear but that's a whole different story.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:34 PM
10th Gear

Lord, what model of the blitzsafe did you buy? I was planning on getting one a while ago but i heard people were having problems with switching back and forth from the aux to the cd or radio. Also, does it disable your 6 disc changer?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by AllAboutTheU
Lord, what model of the blitzsafe did you buy? I was planning on getting one a while ago but i heard people were having problems with switching back and forth from the aux to the cd or radio. Also, does it disable your 6 disc changer?
I actually bought it from another member. I believe it's the HON/ALP DMX V1. Don't quote me on that but I'm almost positive. there are absolutely no problems with it. From what I've read, when they first came out there were some type if steering wheel control issues. I guess they wouldn't work after installing it. That has since been fixed if that is truely the case. Obviously you can't change the channel with the steering wheel but the volume control works just fine. You switch to XM by pressing CD twice on the deck, then it will display Cd1. To switch back to the CD player, just hit CD again. It's a pretty nice feature.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Racer

nice.....I have the same xm unit. I ended up mounting mine in the cup holder closest to the back seat. Think I picked up the cup holder kit at Circuit City. Don't see any wires, as I use the power source in the arm rest and only had to drill the smallest of holes in the bottom of the arm rest for the antenna. Draw back is that it is a little difficult to use being so low and not out in front and I lost a cup holder. Thanks for the idea.