Bad Drivers..I've been tapped

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Bad Drivers..I've been tapped

Sitting at a stop light jammin on the Butt Hole Surfers, and bump. I pull my car forward a bit, start to get out, bump. Grrrrr. Move my car forward even further, get out, "women" meets me at the back of the car, then...bump! WTF, I jump on her case a little, but she doesn't seem to be all there. Move my car forward even more to survey the damage, very little, but a light crease none the less. I try to call cops to fill out report and I'm on hold, while on hold, i get tired of blocking traffic so i tell her to move over with me to the side of the road. I move to the side and she decides to keep on going. I follow and catch up and she then follows me to a side street where we pull over. Back to the phone again, and while on hold I see a cop coming our way and flag him down. Explain everything as above and he tells me there's hardly any damage. I say so what, the law has been broke and I've been harmed. He then tells me it's not in his jurisdiction and gives me a number to call. They leave, she gets tired of waiting and won't give me her drivers license or insurance and said good bye. So I followed her and call the cops and about 15 min later with coordinated effort she gets pulled over.

So in the end, she got a ticket for reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident, (which is serious) has no insurance, gets ticket for that, and has her car impounded because shed driving with no insurance and under the influence of medication. HEE HEE.

Just a note to all who may have a future experience. Call the cops and get a police report. It's the only way to protect your interest.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Sold but not Forgotten...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done bro... That one thing I have learned as well... Never move... Call the cops and do it that way... Once you leave the scene than it your word aganist hers...
Old 05-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Intermediate

good job, Thats something to look out for cause in my experiences it seems like while im driving a lot of people like to come close to hitting me. Driving on top of white lines and s#@!! that aggrivates me. they come extra close at stop sighns and i always say just cause u can follow white lines doesnt mean they can drive.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn...that's crazy
Old 05-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Suzuka Master

no damage done.... I think I probably would of went over the deep end when the cop sided with the woman.

thank goodness she is off the streets and you AOKAY Jim
Old 05-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Smitty
no damage done.... I think I probably would of went over the deep end when the cop sided with the woman.

thank goodness she is off the streets and you AOKAY Jim
That's typical of the cops and peoples attitude toward things like that here in s. florida. The cop said there's hardly any damage, but he doesn't have the passion for these cars like I have or anyone else on this board. He went on to say he wouldn't fill one out because "in my opinion, that scratch is hardly noticiable". (I'll know it's there). Since he said it wasn't his jurisdiction anyway, I decided , whatever. I did tell him that It's my right as a citizen regardless of the small amount of damage, to have a report written and it didn't matter what he thought. You know cops, gotta have the last word and I was berated a small amount, which tells me he doesn't have a leg to stand on. When he was done, I said thanks, have a good day. (Wanted to say, "just go have another donut", but thought otherwise.

Again, stand your ground and it doesn't matter if they think it's petty or not. If you let it go knowing it will bug the shit out of you, then don't, get a report and make the other parties life miserable.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Racer

At least they got her. I had some bump me last week, it cracked my paint. I got out and talked the guy, he gave me his name and phone numbers, so while was waiting I called his cell phone number in front of him and no answer, I asked why he gave a bad number and he said that was his other phone. He refused to give me his address and his drivers license. I went to the back of his piece of crap 1980 something Chevy hatchback and no license plate, but a tempory tag for a 2001 Lexus. I asked why he had the wrong temp tags and he told me that he just bought the car for $200 and that is what they gave him, so I called the cops and he jumped in his car and took off. So I jumped in my car, and went after him while I was on the phone with the cops. The cops told me that if I didn't pull over than they would not do a police report and that I would be on my own with insurance. So the cop comes and I give him the description and he tells me that they will most likely get him in a day or two. It's been over a week now and nothing. I even gave them his real cell phone that he finally gave me and still nothing.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Cosmic Cowboy

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
One thing I learned long time ago was to carry a camera in the car for situations like that. I had disposible cameras before I started carrying a digital and used it for accidents, disputes, etc. You'll be surprised with the response some" problems"will give you when you pull out a camera. Comes in very handy with legal disputes.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Instructor

Awesome job! Everyone should learn from this experience before they become a victim. You should have reported the asshole cop too. To protect and serve my ass, I dont think I wouldnt have been as calm as you were.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

yeah, ALWAYS call the cops and get the report. i didn't and i got screwed even though it was very minor. the bump i got was enough to scuff up the paint and leave a very small crease. her insurance won't pay saying they don't see any damage on her car.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Damn, dude. Nice job!! Driving while on medication is just as bad as driving drunk in my book. In the end, justice was served, and she got owned.

As for the cops... you just have to be assertive. My car got hit while parked on my friend's street, and when I called the cops, this lady cop came out and the first thing she said was that it didn't look like it happened there. Not the same situation as yours, but the point is that my buddy fucking went off on her like a raped ape, and she had to tell him to step away. Then she asked to talk to me alone, and I went off on her, too. After a minute of hearing me bitch her out (she had an attitude from the beginning, so I wasn't just being a dick or anything, really), she finally said, "OK, OK, I believe you. I'll write the report."

When you've done nothing wrong, and the cops give you an attitude, sometimes you just have to return the favor.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Instructor

dont even get me started on lady cops, no offense but they r bitches. Or at least ones round here.

I almost got t-boned in a parking lot couple days ago. I was stopped wainting for a car to get out all of a sudden this other car perpindicular to me starts backing up. I hit the horn hes still going so I stepped on the gas. Luckily he was going slow enuf and didnt hit me. I dont even think he knew what happpened. Damn careless drivers.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Only because you suffered damage it's not really that funny. . that sucks . . other than she got her's.

A similar things happened years ago . . .except I was in my 64 SS. A bunch of contact workers in a van keeps bumping after every stop at a 4-way stop intersection. After the 3rd bump I could see them laughing.

I got the last laugh though. When I got to the stop sign I pulled out a few feet and put it in reverse and hit them good. Then I threw it in 1st and smoked the tires in to the intersection and spun it around facing them. They took off and I gave them one more good scare.

My buddie and I laughed so hard afterwards . . . that heavy metal bumper of mine didn't even have a scrap on it.

Hope yours easy to fix.

Ruf
Old 05-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Habib
dont even get me started on lady cops, no offense but they r bitches. Or at least ones round here.

I almost got t-boned in a parking lot couple days ago. I was stopped wainting for a car to get out all of a sudden this other car perpindicular to me starts backing up. I hit the horn hes still going so I stepped on the gas. Luckily he was going slow enuf and didnt hit me. I dont even think he knew what happpened. Damn careless drivers.
yea same thing almost happened to me a few months ago at a burger king drive thru, some dumb ass girl prob in her 20s, she probably didnm't even look back to see if anyone was behind her, and this was at night.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:53 PM

Good thing you got her off the road, she probably would have caused a bad accident at higher speeds.