Bad Cup Holder

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 02:29 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Cup Holder

I have this bad cup holder in my 2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S (non-Nav). Does anyone make a replacement that has some flaps that hold the 20oz. Pepsi bottle in place?? Email me a reply.

Ken
Old 08-19-2001, 03:32 PM
Red X

do a fucken search. these topics have been covered over and over again!!! !!! or look at chod's faq. everything you need to know is in the faq.
Old 08-19-2001, 03:45 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Originally posted by gmilian:
<STRONG>do a fucken search. these topics have been covered over and over again!!! !!! or look at chod's faq. everything you need to know is in the faq.</STRONG>
Take a chill pill and lighten up, Francis.
Old 08-19-2001, 04:06 PM
Banned

No shit, dude. This guy is new, comes to the board, and the first response he gets is some asshole telling him to do something he didn't probably even know or think about? Chill the heck out! Does he KNOW who Chod is? Does he KNOW it's been discussed before? Probably not!

Now he might never come back, and we might have just lost a potential acura engineer, or something of the like.

Good job. Would you have hung around if someone posted like that on your first post, regardless if you asked a similar question? I wouldn't have.

Originally posted by gmilian:
<STRONG>do a fucken search. these topics have been covered over and over again!!! !!! or look at chod's faq. everything you need to know is in the faq.</STRONG>
Old 08-19-2001, 04:31 PM
Banned

Go to the dealer and ask for the 2002 TL cupholder. You might need to cut the two tiny tabs off the front, but then it will fit like a charm. Its the best $7 I ever spent on my car.
Old 08-19-2001, 06:46 PM
Cruisin'

the only thing I saw on cup holders was some weird part number for a new cup holder and pictures that I could not see any difference than my current cup holder... part# 77237-s0k-a02.

I thought about using a piece of semi-stiff rubber and cutting it like an letter H and using pop-rivits (if they made plastic pop-rivits it would be better) and nailing the sides of the middle to the cup holder insert (those two tiny towers sticking up in the middle of the two cups).

But I am NEW here, and did not mean to flip anyones "bitch" switch. Maybe I will just email people that seem to know what they are talking about, instead of posting here if I am gonna get chewed out every time.
Old 08-19-2001, 10:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BamaTooReal:
<STRONG>
But I am NEW here, and did not mean to flip anyones "bitch" switch. Maybe I will just email people that seem to know what they are talking about, instead of posting here if I am gonna get chewed out every time. </STRONG>

Don't get discouraged by one lousy post response. This is not the norm. Welcome aboard, and any questions, just ask. Lot's of nice folks in this board. As for the cupholder issue, take it back to Acura and ask to get an updated model. Mine's the new style, it works great!

Good Luck - Jim
Old 08-20-2001, 02:23 AM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by H4mm3rm4n:
<STRONG>

Take a chill pill and lighten up, Francis.</STRONG>
Great line from the movie "Stripes", good call Mike, and i agree, "lighten up Francis". Welcome Bama. By the way, how many H.P. do the 2nd gen cupholders add ?
Old 08-20-2001, 11:20 AM
Cruisin'

H.P does the cup-holder adds? You mean Hit Points, Like in D&D??
Old 08-20-2001, 11:29 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by BamaTooReal:
<STRONG>H.P does the cup-holder adds? You mean Hit Points, Like in D&D??</STRONG>
i thought it was horsepower...we usually joke about that sortof stuff...like my Class of 2000 tassles give me an extra couple HP when i need it the most...and my Wall St. Journal?? now there's some reserve HP for racing the new M3's bahahaha!!
Old 08-20-2001, 01:51 PM
on bin laden

i think i have the part number in my sig, it is less than $8. if you dont have it you need to buy it. you have the old one if it pops out easily and it is flat. the new one has a molded shape to it, and no loose pieces.
Old 08-20-2001, 06:33 PM
Red X

Originally posted by autoxCLS:
<STRONG>No shit, dude. This guy is new, comes to the board, and the first response he gets is some asshole telling him to do something he didn't probably even know or think about? Chill the heck out! Does he KNOW who Chod is? Does he KNOW it's been discussed before? Probably not!

Now he might never come back, and we might have just lost a potential acura engineer, or something of the like.

Good job. Would you have hung around if someone posted like that on your first post, regardless if you asked a similar question? I wouldn't have.

</STRONG>
first off, if he WAS an acura engineer i'm sure that he would have known about the new cup holders or how to fix them. second, i've been flamed before and i come back everyday, i guess thats where you and i differ.
you know, i COULD have been nicer but for my defense he posted like 3 or 4 different questions on completely different threads.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:47 PM
Cruisin'

To be honest, I dont give a F*** and so what. As I could care less if someone does not agree with me or wants to flame me.

I ordered the new cup holder today, one man here was nice enough to give me a pic of what it looks like so that I will KNOW I got the right one when it comes in at the dealership probably tuesday. That man show pride in his community (Acura Community).

Some people take the internet as a community and try to help others, others flame and waste everyone's time. As for my posting in multiple areas, sorry its a newbie mistake, was not sure... no section said body parts. But either accept it and move on, letting me know of my mistake so I dont do it again, or flame, and piss everyone off and show your lack of community.

I dont know what else to say to the man that flamed me, other than "Get a life", as you are being ignored here.
Old 08-20-2001, 09:01 PM
Professional Pimp

Oakland Acura dealership service tech had no clue what I was talking about and had to special order the a cuporder. Does anyone know where to buy this online?
Old 08-20-2001, 09:08 PM
Cruisin'

Hey Squishy,

the archives call it part number 77237-S0K-A02 Cup Holder Assembly, but if you will email me I will send you that picture I have to show the dealership person.... my dealership was same way.

Ken
Old 08-21-2001, 01:14 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
G'day Gents.

All your cupholder needs are in my FAQ in my
sig. (I think. :P) It is hard to really show how much more effective the new cupholders are. However, If anyone has any ideas, I can shoot some new digipix.
Old 08-21-2001, 01:17 AM
Banned

If you have an example of both cupholders, shoot a side-by-side with a McDonald's drink in the front spot of each. If that doesn't convince doubters of the need for the revised cupholder, nothing will.