Arrg...My Dealer is gonna get it!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 07:04 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrg...My Dealer is gonna get it!

Last Friday, I had an appointment to bring in the CLS for some warrenty work. I have recently went over 60,000KM so now my extended warrenty which I purchased has kicked in. So I drop off the car with a list of things to be fixed :

- CD Player Error code, I can't play CD's anymore
- Some funky noise coming from the back suspension
- Tranny once again humms
- Those Damn floor mat anchors keep falling out EVERY F'N TIME
- and Worst of all : Rotors are Warped again... the car shakes like a mofo...

I come back on Saturday nite to pick up the car (after 2 days in the shop), I look at the reports and it says:

A: Cannot replicate problem, did not occur (I had to press CD about 15 times for it to kick in the other day)
A: Caused by loose objects in trunk (My trunk was empty)
- Tranny once again humms (It is not the tranny, sir (SOUNDS FAIMILIAR? ) It is your tires because your car is lowered.
A: Could not find Anchors, did not install, I left them right where the shifer is... DUH!
A: Caused by aftermarket brake pads. - For fucks sakes, admit that your rotors suck.. they have already machined mine 3 times and replaced them once.. its a safety issue..

There was no manager to talk to on Saturday, so I ended up taking the car back... but this dealer is gonna get it now.. I have had it with them... my extended warrenty costs $1500CDN.. and this is what I get for it?

Mofos!
Old 11-27-2002, 07:35 AM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry about your recent (non)service experience.

A: Could not find Anchors, did not install, I left them right where the shifer is... DUH!
I found my anchors in my cupholder after a visit to a local carwash. Ugh.

This is super-easy to fix yourself. It's one screw under a carpet flap. If it keeps popping out, try some teflon tape around the plastic portion to secure it firmly.
Old 11-27-2002, 07:45 AM
Team Owner

Re: Arrg...My Dealer is gonna get it!

Originally posted by ruvz
I put a longer fastener in my 2001 CL because this kept happening to mine as well.
So far the stud in my 2003 is holding, so they may have fixed this problem.

Shawn S
Old 11-27-2002, 07:51 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Rotors warped becasue of aftermarket pads?

Nothing makes me more "postal" than when a dealer says something like this. This is why I am just going to do a brake job myself. Instead of dealing with Acura and my POS dealer, I'll just buy a set of rotors and pads and do it myself.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:20 AM
Moderator Alumnus

this is exactly why i do not like taking my car to the dealer. their tech's are mostly lazy and stupid.

my experience. : i have told them more than once to check the synchro's in my 5spd tranny. so instead of dropping the tranny for inspection; what do they do? they tell me that shifting is not smooth because the car is cold. might i add the car is all warmed up by the time they saw it.

IMO there is no end to their bullshit and they think that the customer doesnt know dick about the car. wrong. i paid the extra money for the extended warraty, but i havent gotten shit for it.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:38 AM
Racer

I agree that the service you received sucks, but did you really address these things with the dealer using the language you have posted? That alone could be why they did what they did (or didn't do what they said they did).

Anyhow, I had some experiences like this at the dealer where I purchased my CL-S. I've long since switched dealers and am much happier because I know that the car is getting kid glove care!

It sucks for us consumers to have to do the extra work but go look for a better dealter!

A: Cannot replicate problem, did not occur (I had to press CD about 15 times for it to kick in the other day)
- Tranny once again humms (It is not the tranny, sir (SOUNDS FAIMILIAR? ) It is your tires because your car is lowered.
A: Caused by aftermarket brake pads. - For fucks sakes, admit that your rotors suck.. they have already machined mine 3 times and replaced them once.. its a safety issue..
Old 11-27-2002, 06:07 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Obviously not the language I used... I am just pissed that they held my car for 2 days and nothing got done...

I am pretty much on the verge of trading this car in... I have expereicned every single issue that anyone has ever had from this board... my service records is at 30+ pages.... I paid crazy money for this car..... this is unbelievable..

Originally posted by sundance_gold
I agree that the service you received sucks, but did you really address these things with the dealer using the language you have posted? That alone could be why they did what they did (or didn't do what they said they did).

Anyhow, I had some experiences like this at the dealer where I purchased my CL-S. I've long since switched dealers and am much happier because I know that the car is getting kid glove care!

It sucks for us consumers to have to do the extra work but go look for a better dealter!

Old 11-28-2002, 02:29 PM
PACDAT

Re: Arrg...My Dealer is gonna get it!

which dealership did you go to?.. try ACURA 2000 .in brampton. theyre pretty good..

Originally posted by ruvz
Last Friday, I had an appointment to bring in the CLS for some warrenty work. I have recently went over 60,000KM so now my extended warrenty which I purchased has kicked in. So I drop off the car with a list of things to be fixed :

- Tranny once again humms

I come back on Saturday nite to pick up the car (after 2 days in the shop), I look at the reports and it says:

There was no manager to talk to on Saturday, so I ended up taking the car back... but this dealer is gonna get it now.. I have had it with them... my extended warrenty costs $1500CDN.. and this is what I get for it?

Mofos!
Old 11-28-2002, 09:36 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah, Acura 2000 are great, that is where I bought my car... but its pretty far...

I got to Acura of North Toronto... I recommend staying away from these idiots..
Old 11-28-2002, 11:25 PM
It's Go-Time.

If you're not getting any service from that daler, give Acura Canada a call. They still have some pull with your dealer.
Old 11-29-2002, 12:08 AM
Race Director

ruvz, i fucked acura of north toronto up with their warped rotor thing...

they fixed them, but then they tried to make me pay...hahaha, the guy said he was gonna put a lean on my car, so i talked to the bald headed service manager tony vectro or some shit, and i told him off and he said its on the house.

Deal with Tony, he is alot better than that fucking beaver James Moore that worked there before...

hes the guy that gave me a free extended warranty, detail, and some work for compensation of the tranny....all i had to do was raise my voice and insult his intellegence...when u yell at him, that guy gets scared and will do anything.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:03 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks Amir.. Will do!

I got extended warrenty... but those fucknuts are either lazy or stupid and don't wanna take care of my problems...
I have been listening to Radio for the last 2 wks..