Anyone use a "pass smog" additive on any vehicle that barely passed 2 years ago.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 01:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone use a "pass smog" additive on any vehicle that barely passed 2 years ago.

I have a buddy and the car -- 96 Nissan Altima -- barely passed 2 years ago. The car is older 4-banger Altima and was asked about one of the "guaranteed to pass" additives. (Good, bad, ??)

The car is to be tested in CA.
Car is in basically good shape with 80k miles.
No error codes are pending from computer (OBDCII compliant).
Car will probably pass without any additives, but would like to know of anyone that used on of the products to increase the pass margin.

(TIA)

I keep hearing this question and wondered if anyone had tried it on a car that was in good condition. IOW, the car has a good cat and O2 sensor, but is just getting older.

BTW, if anyone knows of a kick-ass surgeon in Los Angeles that can do a fusion and repair my exploded (herniated) disk (low back), please leave a PM. (I need a chunk of herniated disk at L4-L5 removed along with "TLIF" procedure (fusion) (Sorry, this part should be in rambling and if anyone asks, that’s why I haven’t been around for a very-long time.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by EricL
BTW, if anyone knows of a kick-ass surgeon in Los Angeles that can do a fusion and repair my exploded (herniated) disk (low back), please leave a PM. (I need a chunk of herniated disk at L4-L5 removed along with "TLIF" procedure (fusion) (Sorry, this part should be in rambling and if anyone asks, that’s why I haven’t been around for a very-long time.
wow eric ...ive asked...was just thinking about you the other day...sorry about your disk...whish you the best
Old 07-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe try sea foam.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by typeR
wow eric ...ive asked...was just thinking about you the other day...sorry about your disk...whish you the best

Me too, I was looking at his profile to see if he was around wondering when he was last on AZ, when I was in the transmission section.

Hope everything works out and I wish you all the best Eric...........
Old 07-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I was also going to suggest Sea Foam treatment along with a fresh air filter and oil change. If the car is marginal, those things help push the car through.

Sorry to hear about your bad disks. Stories I hear are either Great or Horrible experiences. Hope you find some good credible references for a Surgeon. Best of Luck to you.