Anyone Race A 335i?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:27 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
old topic

Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
Haha, why the disbelieve, my car is one of the faster NA ones out there. The torque isn't as beneficial as you may think off a roll, so long as I can stay in my rpm range and force him into his high end.

His just plain science, for people that haven't even raced one you guys are sure saying a lot, haha. Keep in mind my results are from a slow roll, from a stop the beamer just takes off liek a bat out of hell, no way I can compete with that even with the 225 tires I had at the time, now with the 205's that would be impossible.

Doesn't matter what you guys think, if you can't reason it out then thats your lost, not mine. The fact is that it was stock and not modified. I'd understand the doubt if I said I beat him but i barely kept up.
i realize this is an old post, but i came across this while looking for info on 100 octane gas...anyways, before i get a bunch of heat from everyone here, i want to say that i also own an old accord and legend...your car is probably fast, but what a lot of people here are forgetting is that with $500-$1500, you can have the 335 running with around 375-390 lb/ft at the wheels...im actually pretty proud that the fastest 335 on dragtimes right now is a sedan (11.908@115.930)
http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes
there are plenty of coupes and sedans in the 12's with just a piggyback upgrade and nothing else...im not saying that the quarter mile is everything, but this car is damn fast...can you post some specs on your car?

also, i do realize that the 335 is significantly more expensive btw
Old 01-22-2008, 01:55 AM
4drs just wanna have fun!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Alpine White 335
i realize this is an old post, but i came across this while looking for info on 100 octane gas...anyways, before i get a bunch of heat from everyone here, i want to say that i also own an old accord and legend...your car is probably fast, but what a lot of people here are forgetting is that with $500-$1500, you can have the 335 running with around 375-390 lb/ft at the wheels...im actually pretty proud that the fastest 335 on dragtimes right now is a sedan (11.908@115.930)
http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes
there are plenty of coupes and sedans in the 12's with just a piggyback upgrade and nothing else...im not saying that the quarter mile is everything, but this car is damn fast...can you post some specs on your car?

also, i do realize that the 335 is significantly more expensive btw
True the car can become signifiantly faster but with the standard boost pulley 4-5psi on the 3.2, we can keep up and beat the chipped 335's Sean in his SCed 3.2 Accord managed to do so on the freeway, it was a really close race that he barely won. There are lots of variables, we have some of the worst tracks here, better driving, weather, track etc in the midwest/east coast. I've seen 335's run here at Lancaster and they do well but not 115 well, just because one managed to do so doesn't mean its the average.

Not sure what my numbers are now but last time I dynoed on a dynapack I put down 278/239 at 3200lbs thats not bad. I basically have a CLS swapped 4dr Accord. Haven't had a decent run in with any 335's even though they seem to be everywhere here in So Cal, they are almost as common as the type S model of the RSX (40% of the RSX sales).
Old 01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
4th Gear

Accord V6 400m

not sure what your experience has been with 335s on the freeway, but from owning one, it seems to me that the car is better on the street than for freeway engagements...as long as im in that torque powerband, im great...dont get me wrong, the car still pulls hard from 70-100 but seems to fall off after that (relatively speaking)...actually, now that i am typing this, i just remembered a story and was wondering if anyone here has a black cl in the irvine area...some asshole in a black cl forced his way between my car and the car in the lane next to me a few months ago at the beginning of that freeway portion of jamboree. that pissed me off pretty good, but i got a bad jump (cuz i almost got forced into the left lane curb tryihg to avoid him)...anyways, long story short i caught him and passed him but i couldnt tell if it took so long cuz of the start...it did make me wonder if he was running some sort of forced induction. i guess my original point was that catching a 335 on the freeway is one thing, but on a street it would be more impressive (imo)
Old 01-23-2008, 08:37 PM

not sure what your experience has been with 335s on the freeway, but from owning one, it seems to me that the car is better on the street than for freeway engagements...as long as im in that torque powerband, im great...dont get me wrong, the car still pulls hard from 70-100 but seems to fall off after that (relatively speaking)...actually, now that i am typing this, i just remembered a story and was wondering if anyone here has a black cl in the irvine area...some asshole in a black cl forced his way between my car and the car in the lane next to me a few months ago at the beginning of that freeway portion of jamboree. that pissed me off pretty good, but i got a bad jump (cuz i almost got forced into the left lane curb tryihg to avoid him)...anyways, long story short i caught him and passed him but i couldnt tell if it took so long cuz of the start...it did make me wonder if he was running some sort of forced induction. i guess my original point was that catching a 335 on the freeway is one thing, but on a street it would be more impressive (imo)
Thats seems to be the case with the stock cars, never had the opportunity to run the 335 on the freeway but on the streets I was able to keep up pretty well considering I was spinning my tires as I was, the guy was stil pulling a tad but if I had more traction the guy would have been scared haha. He was suprised that I was spinning as I went into second gear, now I just spin entirely through 2nd gear if I go all out, but i'm running 205 steely tires
Old 01-24-2008, 12:53 AM
4th Gear

yup, once i ditch my RFTs and get the chip/exhaust, i think i will be set...if youre ever in the irvine area, let me know...would love to see how fast that car is
Old 01-27-2008, 03:07 AM
SOLD

yup, once i ditch my RFTs and get the chip/exhaust, i think i will be set...if youre ever in the irvine area, let me know...would love to see how fast that car is
YouTube race FTW!
Old 01-27-2008, 03:54 AM

Im down, just lets get one in while your still stock
Old 01-29-2008, 02:05 PM
THE J35A2...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can i join in? i'll take pictures and video?
Old 01-30-2008, 03:59 AM
4th Gear

Im down, just lets get one in while your still stock
well, ill be stock for awhile...maybe in a little bit when the story of those 5 dead kids in the M5 fades out of my memory
Old 01-31-2008, 03:09 AM

well, ill be stock for awhile...maybe in a little bit when the story of those 5 dead kids in the M5 fades out of my memory
Well if that takes a while we always have March drags at California Speedway, obviously I have a huge disadvantage there since its from a dig and I have no DR's or slicks, unless you want to lend me your worn out track tires Sig

Originally Posted by SIRSIG
can i join in? i'll take pictures and video?
Of course you can join in Siggy

I should get that Jegs $25 race ready cut out y-pipe and put it after the cat and show you guys what this car can do NA without low end torque
Right now I have a custom Civic Si muffler setup (dual) similar to Siggy's S2K mufflers setup but a little nicer sound wise IMO, still has its problems but I have a set of CLS mufflers ready if I give up on them. I don't know how much better a stock CLS cat is compared to a sock 6ht gen Accord cat but I definitely recomend a high flow cat for this 3.2 motor. Just wish the runners on the Comptech headers were .25" bigger so the collector would be 2.5 instead of 2.25" saw some good gains with Richie's custom j-pipes on the 7th gen Accord V6 makes you think what the J32 can do with 2.25" -2.5" piping for the j-pipe, eh probably not a huge difference unless you have forced induction.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
if you want some noticeable gains from an exhaust get the hks super draggers. i noticed gains and the guy i sold them confirmed that.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Banned

top of my 3rd gear inched pass an auto 335i last night. they are not out of the question
Old 02-11-2008, 04:51 AM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sinfulj32
top of my 3rd gear inched pass an auto 335i last night. they are not out of the question
pretty sure he wasn't trying... these things are monsters...

unless you're FI and the 335 is a shitty driver, you're done.

anyways our cars are outdated, kill what you can but you can never be on top with any car....
Old 02-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Banned

i know how they are actually, i drive my cousins all the time. yes he was beating it. in fact i made him almost crash because he was trying to bust ricer fly by, swirving onto the shouler like a fag. some of them may be monsters, but i know my car and it was the obvious bigger monster that night. dont worry bro i woudnt lie :wink:
Old 02-23-2008, 10:29 AM
GRAAAAAA!

I've handily beaten these from a dead stop, roll and up to 136 mph before I let off because continuing would be pointless when the car is 6 buslengths behind.

In my truck, that is.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:45 PM
I Blaze Up In

I raced my cousins 335i coupe on monday, he drove over from Staten Island for the day, the weather was beautiful it was about 65 degrees and sunny so we went for a nice drive. first we went heads up from a stop and I GOT MY SALAD TOSSED it wasnt even close. hes doin a 1/4 mile in about 13 and im doin it in about 14.8. Its no competition from a stop. Then we went on the highway and started at about 45mph i was door to door with him until about midway in 3rd gear and then he pulled on me like a mother fucker. Also the weather was ideal for the turbo. But i think that even with every mod excluding F/I we wont touch them, maybe we could get close but never will we win.

But that car is beautiful, im lookin at gettin a 335xi coupe in summer, my brother is friends with a salesmen at the BMW dealer near my house and he can get me a 3 series at employee cost, so maybe i'll be at Seaside this summer in a new Bimmer. But i gotta say that i love my CL and it is the current love of my life and that it is really a wonderful and amazing machine. It is a car that i think you have to have a certain taste for and its not for everyone, but thats why i luv it soo much!

Sorry for going a little off topic guys
Old 02-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
I was neck and neck with one by the end of 3rd before we let up, we started at about 45mph. I'm 6spd and have all mods except FI...
Old 02-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Banned

nice
Old 03-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Cruisin'

Nope...No way no how. Just not gonna happen. Mayyyyyybe if your s/c you can hang with a stock one. I raced a stock one with my 400ish rwhp 06 GTO....I beat him good but it hung REALLY well. They have good top end..low-end...everywhere they make pretty good power. All they need is a proceede tune and they gain something like 60hp (I think more) to the wheels, nasty...Google it. And they guy with the v6 accord...lmao. You must have some hella work done to your car to hang let alone beat a stock 335i....I call BS on that one.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by txpx
Nope...No way no how. Just not gonna happen. Mayyyyyybe if your s/c you can hang with a stock one. I raced a stock one with my 400ish rwhp 06 GTO....I beat him good but it hung REALLY well. They have good top end..low-end...everywhere they make pretty good power. All they need is a proceede tune and they gain something like 60hp (I think more) to the wheels, nasty...Google it. And they guy with the v6 accord...lmao. You must have some hella work done to your car to hang let alone beat a stock 335i....I call BS on that one.
SC'ed ones will hang with Procede 335's just ask 04accordcpe hes done it before on 4psi.

As for me just look up my specs and you'll get a better idea of why im saying its not impossible. A 3.0 on 8psi wil give good low and midrange with those small turbos but proportionally their high end isn't the same which is why a modified NA lightweight Accord can hang with one. I'm still waiting on a good race from one never had a good one just a random street encounter that didn't go very far. Got driven in a Procede 335 sedan and they are extremely torquey no doubt But then again i've been driven in/drove Accords both swapped with 3.2s like mine running 4 and 9psi, trapping 106/111 respectively)
Just do the math on my behalf then 3100lbs ~260-270whp (279hp at hubs last time before some more mods) just remember power is not the sole determing factor to who is faster or will win a certain race being it drag, autocross or the customary freeway encounter.

I raced a 420whp/416wtq Charger that took me out although the guy was inmpresed with how well I kept up, more so then me I thought he took me out enough to make a point of it haha, although thestock SRT-8's are about even with me, maybe a little worse in traps then me on the same day from what I remember seeing/racing against.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:10 AM
Cruisin'

SC'ed ones will hang with Procede 335's just ask 04accordcpe hes done it before on 4psi.

As for me just look up my specs and you'll get a better idea of why im saying its not impossible. A 3.0 on 8psi wil give good low and midrange with those small turbos but proportionally their high end isn't the same which is why a modified NA lightweight Accord can hang with one. I'm still waiting on a good race from one never had a good one just a random street encounter that didn't go very far. Got driven in a Procede 335 sedan and they are extremely torquey no doubt But then again i've been driven in/drove Accords both swapped with 3.2s like mine running 4 and 9psi, trapping 106/111 respectively)
Just do the math on my behalf then 3100lbs ~260-270whp (279hp at hubs last time before some more mods) just remember power is not the sole determing factor to who is faster or will win a certain race being it drag, autocross or the customary freeway encounter.

I raced a 420whp/416wtq Charger that took me out although the guy was inmpresed with how well I kept up, more so then me I thought he took me out enough to make a point of it haha, although thestock SRT-8's are about even with me, maybe a little worse in traps then me on the same day from what I remember seeing/racing against.
Well I still say it's hard to believe. I've have raced one and know what they are capable of...They make good power through out the entire powerband. I have seen countless vids from members over at ls1gto.com with them also. I know power is'nt everything in racing....a 1000hp monster truck wont beat everything just cause it has 1000hp....I never said anything about that being why it wouldnt happen..
Old 03-11-2008, 03:08 PM

Well I still say it's hard to believe. I've have raced one and know what they are capable of...They make good power through out the entire powerband. I have seen countless vids from members over at ls1gto.com with them also. I know power is'nt everything in racing....a 1000hp monster truck wont beat everything just cause it has 1000hp....I never said anything about that being why it wouldnt happen..
I gotcha I wouldn't believe myself either if I didn't know myself
Im trying to organize a race between a 335 and my Accord. Maybe Alpine White 335 can chime in, hes in Irvine which isn't too far now we just need to oragnize something
Old 03-11-2008, 06:22 PM
THE J35A2...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
power to weight ratio > GTO
Old 03-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by SIRSIG
power to weight ratio > GTO
GTO > Accord