anyone know of shops in so cal that can do fender work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 03:27 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 976 Likes on 330 Posts
anyone know of shops in so cal that can do fender work?

arnold and i were together yesterday and we took my rim off to see if someother ones would fit (BY THE WAY THAT BASTARD SCRATCHED THE PAINT OF MY RIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

and i rub pretty bad up front. But on the top of the tire. So i need to get some fender work done. ANyone know of any shops? 331blowN? any ideas?

------------------
type S killer; except for mike's car

fastest 1/4 mile: 11.32

"There is something romantic about meeting in the middle of the night, going to some all-night restaurant, laying the bets, knowing the tracks that might come clear. You're running as many quarter miles as can be, knowing the cops are coming, then scattering like cockroaches in the middle of the night."
Old 06-12-2001, 03:29 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:
arnold and i were together yesterday and we took my rim off to see if someother ones would fit (BY THE WAY THAT BASTARD SCRATCHED THE PAINT OF MY RIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

and i rub pretty bad up front. But on the top of the tire. So i need to get some fender work done. ANyone know of any shops? 331blowN? any ideas?

</font>
No I dont.

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs

"I come for the Car Talk, but stay for the Ramblings"
Old 06-12-2001, 03:37 PM
Instructor

Scott,

Try Marco's Auto Body. Speak to Steve Villanueva or Rose. Phone # 626-309-9100. They are expensive but craftsmanship is first class.

BLOWN 331
Old 06-12-2001, 03:46 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BLOWN 331:
Scott,

Try Marco's Auto Body. Speak to Steve Villanueva or Rose. Phone # 626-309-9100. They are expensive but craftsmanship is first class.

BLOWN 331
</font>
you are the man, also any idea where i can go get my alignment worked on? I have a pretty mean camber but don't want to waste cash on a camber kit and was told there are places that can fix it.
Old 06-12-2001, 03:58 PM
Instructor

Scott,

I would recommend you spend the money on a camber kit, only because I believe that is the only way to do it correctly. Then you could have Bear Alignment in Monterey Park electronically align you car.

I thought adjustments could not be made on the stock set-up?

BLOWN 331
Old 06-12-2001, 04:11 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Scott,

I would recommend you spend the money on a camber kit, only because I believe that is the only way to do it correctly. Then you could have Bear Alignment in Monterey Park electronically align you car.

I thought adjustments could not be made on the stock set-up?

BLOWN 331
</font>

thats it bear. Arnold (blkmjk) said they can do it w/ the stock setup by bending something a little bit. ANd then when you go back to stock height they bend it back. I'm not sure exactly what it was. If they really bend it or not. BUt he had it done to his teg and they didn't use a camber kit.
Old 06-12-2001, 04:52 PM
Instructor

Scott,

If you want the take your chances on bending something that is not suppose to be bent to correct camber, then be advised. Don't do that to your car. That's half ass and your suspension geommetry set-up won't be correct and will never be the same again! It would also void your warranty. Save your money and do it correctly. Your car is too nice to half ass it.

BLOWN 331
Old 06-12-2001, 04:55 PM
Instructor

Scott,

In regards to your scratched rim call Truwheel. Not only do they fix rims, but they can paint them as well.

www.truwheel.com

BLOWN 331

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:

</font>
Old 06-12-2001, 04:56 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Scott,

If you want the take your chances on bending something that is not suppose to be bent to correct camber, then be advised. Don't do that to your car. That's half ass and your suspension geommetry set-up won't be correct and will never be the same again! It would also void your warranty. Save your money and do it correctly. Your car is too nice to half ass it.

BLOWN 331
</font>
no i've heard this has been done on many cars, i'm gonna call them and see what it exactly intails and ill find out.

------------------

"There is something romantic about meeting in the middle of the night, going to some all-night restaurant, laying the bets, knowing the tracks that might come clear. You're running as many quarter miles as can be, knowing the cops are coming, then scattering like cockroaches in the middle of the night."
Old 06-12-2001, 05:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RE: Camber -- do it yourself BLH -- Big lead hammer

Any serious camber work on the car should be done via a camber correction kit. The car's alignment doesn't have an "adjuster" for camber.

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 10 coats of Zaino magic
Old 06-12-2001, 05:10 PM
Instructor

Scott,

We did it to a lot civic's and accord's all the time fifhten years ago, because there were no aftermarket kits available back then. So I know it can be done. Who ever does the job on your car see if you can get a warranty on their work. Good luck.

BLOWN 331
Old 06-12-2001, 11:10 PM
foolio at heart

Scott, just bring it to Bear in Glendora, its right by your school. On Arrow Hwy. between Glendora and Grand. Bear-Monterey alignment charges a lot more, like 2 bills. You can get it done in glendora for like 140 for all 4 wheels. Monterey Alignment charges 2 bills just for the front. Just ask for Gary he'll hook you up.

If you want to bring the wheel to tru-wheel they would have to repaint the whole wheel. It costs about 75 dollars. Just ask for Mike or Sandy. They do good work there, they fixed my racing harts before.

I also got a place for your inner fender shaving. My buddy does a lot of custom body stuff he'll hook you up. I already called him for you. See? Now we're even.
Old 06-13-2001, 12:40 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blxmjx:
See? Now we're even. </font>
not quite yet but definately getting there

thanks man
Old 06-13-2001, 02:32 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Scott, try Pomona Auto Body in Costa Mesa, CA. When I lived there, I went there quite a bit. I saw lots of Porsches and Mercedes there.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Polished CAI
Polarg M6
Solaris 9005
Cupholder Ver 2.0 Part#77237-SOK-A02
DOM 3/2000

gto2050 (Mike) - The voice of absolutely no reason whatsoever!
Old 06-13-2001, 02:36 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
Scott, try Pomona Auto Body in Costa Mesa, CA. When I lived there, I went there quite a bit. I saw lots of Porsches and Mercedes there.

</font>
thats odd, pomona auto body is in costa mesa which is about 40 miles from pomona

i'll check it out thanks

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 08:44 AM
Advanced

you can also try sprewell racing in the city of san gabriel...right at mission and valley blvds. www.sprewellracing.com

i shaved the rear fender lips on my last two cars, which they did for $100 (including what i am about to post about the fronts), but prepping the front is fairly easy (if it's like all hondas). you basically pull out the plastic pins (save them), relocate the wheel well liner to the top of the metal tabs spaced evenly on the wheel arch, and then bend the tabs upward with a flat and wide instrument.

if you don't want to go to bear, you can try tucker tires in azusa. i was recommended my a honda accord member at sho. i don't recall the cost but it was not that expensive.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:43 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pastrami:
you can also try sprewell racing in the city of san gabriel...right at mission and valley blvds. www.sprewellracing.com

i shaved the rear fender lips on my last two cars, which they did for $100 (including what i am about to post about the fronts), but prepping the front is fairly easy (if it's like all hondas). you basically pull out the plastic pins (save them), relocate the wheel well liner to the top of the metal tabs spaced evenly on the wheel arch, and then bend the tabs upward with a flat and wide instrument.

if you don't want to go to bear, you can try tucker tires in azusa. i was recommended my a honda accord member at sho. i don't recall the cost but it was not that expensive.
</font>
thanks man