Anyone heard of this Sh*#

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001 | 04:17 PM
Racer

Anyone heard of this Sh*#

I had some pro-kit springs installed on my car 2 weeks ago, the front was and is sitting higher than the back, but i have heard that all cars are like this, because the front springs are so much thicker like a 750 rate compared to a 450 rate on the rear. Is this true does it take the front longer to settle. Also there is a popping noise from the left front of my car . I had it inspected and they said that the spring was sitting in there right, that the noise was form the rubber housing at the top of the spring. The guy said it might stop popping in 5,000 miles or less if not i might need a new housing. Anyone ever heard of this??
Old 10-16-2001 | 04:25 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

sounds like bullshit..
maybe they cut your bumpstops too much?
Old 10-16-2001 | 04:46 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

The front wheel well on the CL is higher than th rear one. My car stock, parked in my garage looks like I'm still parked on an incline.
Old 10-16-2001 | 05:27 PM
Was I speeding officer?

I have the same problem with the different size gap. I called eibach and they said this is normal. Park your car on a flat surface and see if it sits even. Mine looks perfectly flat.http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=38292
Old 10-16-2001 | 05:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: Anyone heard of this Sh*#

Originally posted by Ultimac
I had some pro-kit springs installed on my car 2 weeks ago, the front was and is sitting higher than the back, but i have heard that all cars are like this, because the front springs are so much thicker like a 750 rate compared to a 450 rate on the rear. Is this true does it take the front longer to settle. Also there is a popping noise from the left front of my car . I had it inspected and they said that the spring was sitting in there right, that the noise was form the rubber housing at the top of the spring. The guy said it might stop popping in 5,000 miles or less if not i might need a new housing. Anyone ever heard of this??
let me tell you it should be the oppisite 1.75 front 1.5 rear do you have a super heavy system in the trunk im afraid maybe they switch front for back...5000 miles what an idiot get something done right away SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2001 | 05:28 PM
on bin laden

saw pics like this ... seems normal ... as long as it isnt too exaggerated. put some koni's on ... then you're back end will pop right up and you'll have a nice raked look.
Old 10-16-2001 | 05:47 PM
Senior Moderator

let me say this though if your saying the front gap is larger than the rear but its witht in .25/.50 ...this is normal especially if you have a full tank or system???? if its dramatic thats another thing ...got pics???
Old 10-17-2001 | 01:29 PM
Racer

Sorry no pics, but I'm not too worried about the difference the front is only a little higher, but what should I do about the popping noise it sounds like it is getting less the more time goes on, but it is still annoying the shit out of me.
Old 10-17-2001 | 01:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Sorry no pics, but I'm not too worried about the difference the front is only a little higher, but what should I do about the popping noise it sounds like it is getting less the more time goes on, but it is still annoying the shit out of me.
again if you could clairify is it the gap between the tire and the fender is less in back than in front???if so and its .50 or less its fine...but if its like the rear end is taking a crap than there's a problem...second.. do you know what the isolator is????its the rubber coil that wraps around the spring...you may need to reposition it you could have a couple dead coils making contact no biggie.it happenes just the isolator makes it so you dont hear it...look for contact point it should bee clean because of the contact ...move isolator to cover area...sound dissapears all is well...good luck...
Old 10-17-2001 | 06:46 PM
Racer

Thanks TypeR, no I have never heard of the isolator, someone else said they thought they cut the bumpstop too much, ever heard of that? The pop happens at lower speeds, it seems that more speed and downforce on the car seems to make it stop, in other words if i'm going over like 45mph, i can't hear it. How would I go about adjusting the isolator? Thanks
Old 10-17-2001 | 07:08 PM
Need For Speed

Originally posted by fbazakos
saw pics like this ... seems normal ... as long as it isnt too exaggerated. put some koni's on ... then you're back end will pop right up and you'll have a nice raked look.
I agree. No problems with the height difference, but feels like I need a new chamber kit or alignment kit because the steering is a bit rougher and for some reason the steering wheel starts shaking when I try to come to a quick stop.
Old 10-17-2001 | 10:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks TypeR, no I have never heard of the isolator, someone else said they thought they cut the bumpstop too much, ever heard of that? The pop happens at lower speeds, it seems that more speed and downforce on the car seems to make it stop, in other words if i'm going over like 45mph, i can't hear it. How would I go about adjusting the isolator? Thanks
ya bump stops are the rubber where the shock meets the car aka jounce the isolator is a black rubber coil that wrapps around your spring...look for it...you did get your originals back...make sure they didnt leave them on those???
\
Old 10-19-2001 | 03:17 PM
Racer

Thanks TYpeR

I will check when i go home to see if they left them on the old springs. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-19-2001 | 05:14 PM
Ain't No Other...

I think the problem is, maybe a loose nut or bolt during installation, you dont need to cut your bumpstops nor do you REALLY need the isolators for the Prokits...I wish you were here, then I can fix it for you, but your too far, Spring installs are easy, btw got my rear tokico shocks with updated upper mounts for my Ground Control Coilovers today, and need to install it with my Gorilla Torque Wrench...interesting day...