Anyone have carbon fiber interior trim picts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 08:01 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,095 Posts
Anyone have carbon fiber interior trim picts?

So I came across a carbon fiber interior trim kit on eBay and it looks pretty nice. I did a search but couldn't find anyone on here with carbon fiber trim on the interior. Is there anyone with it and if so do you have picts? I just don't want it to be overkill because it's like 12 pieces. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 171 Likes on 109 Posts
do you have the link?

EDIT: just found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...spagenameZWDVW

I would stay away from the ones with a plastic coating, ive got it over my brushed alluminum and im not feeling it
Old 02-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not feeling the carbon fiber dask kit at all...I've seen a few on Ebay and they're blah! Please don't Clarise. I don't mean to sound awful but I'd hate to see you put something on and get flamed for it.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:26 PM
I GUESS IM AN ASSHAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would stay away from the ebay stuff... My buddy got it and it was horrible. So he went to performance wheel and tire and got the good stuff> It was alot better!
Old 02-17-2007, 07:15 AM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Could this also be what you're thinking of?

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...ighlight=vinyl
Old 02-17-2007, 12:45 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Clarise. it just might look decent IF you have the ebony interior and if you do something to the bowling ball shit to look better with the kit.

Ryan. do you see pictures in that link you posted? i don't.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

When I first found it, it did. That's weird. The chick took CF vinyl and covered the silver door and center consol trim with it. It looked pretty good.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:22 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Originally Posted by MSW 6SP
do you have the link?

EDIT: just found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...spagenameZWDVW

I would stay away from the ones with a plastic coating, ive got it over my brushed alluminum and im not feeling it
This is the kit I was talking about. I emailed the seller and they are located in Scottsdale right around the corner from where I work and they said I was welcome to come down and look at it before I buy it. I might do it. I asked and it's 100% real carbon fiber, not fake painted on shit. It's got a clear coat, yeah, just like the hoods do. I'll look at it and see. If it looks cheesy then I'll say no but if it looks good I might do it. I don't care about being flamed, it's all what I think looks good. You guys don't pay my car payments! Plus I have to do something to draw the attention away from my new non matching seat cover.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:33 PM
White as night.

Originally Posted by CLariSe-169
This is the kit I was talking about. I emailed the seller and they are located in Scottsdale right around the corner from where I work and they said I was welcome to come down and look at it before I buy it. I might do it. I asked and it's 100% real carbon fiber, not fake painted on shit. It's got a clear coat, yeah, just like the hoods do. I'll look at it and see. If it looks cheesy then I'll say no but if it looks good I might do it. I don't care about being flamed, it's all what I think looks good. You guys don't pay my car payments! Plus I have to do something to draw the attention away from my new non matching seat cover.
Take pics if you do go and see it.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:40 AM
2014 TL SH-AWD Advance

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CLariSe-169
Be careful. The ad you looked at says, and I quote below....

COMES IN 100% REAL CARBON FIBER COLOR AS SEEN BELOW

Which sounds like a bunch of BS. Real carbon fiber color??? Those other colors out there are fake carbon fiber color?

Doesn't make any sense and is simply a play on words to make you think you're buy actual carbon fiber dash for a hundred bucks. Real carbon fiber would cost you much, much more and I doubt there's anyone making it since this is typically done for looks and not weight savings.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:13 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Originally Posted by 03sixer
Be careful. The ad you looked at says, and I quote below....

COMES IN 100% REAL CARBON FIBER COLOR AS SEEN BELOW

Which sounds like a bunch of BS. Real carbon fiber color??? Those other colors out there are fake carbon fiber color?

Doesn't make any sense and is simply a play on words to make you think you're buy actual carbon fiber dash for a hundred bucks. Real carbon fiber would cost you much, much more and I doubt there's anyone making it since this is typically done for looks and not weight savings.
I noticed the same thing, that's why I sent the seller an email asking if it was real carbon fiber or painted on carbon fiber texture. He emailed back saying it was real and I could come down to see it, making me believe it's real and not painted on.

Believe me, the last thing I want to do is cheapen my interior. I wouldn't buy it unless I could look at it first, so I'm going down there tomorrow at lunch to check it out. If it's legit and looks good I'll buy it and take picts and post. If it sucks, I'll say no thanks and move on.

I've actually bought a kit from this company before, a burlwood one for my 95 Nissan 240 SX and it was very nice, so I'm hoping it's nice, but I've learned not to get my hopes up too much about anything now-a-days.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Racer

If you can do that and take pics I would jump all on it also