Anyone have any luck with

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any luck with

... Hoehn Acura of Carlsbad, CA or Cush Acura of Escondido, CA?

I'm going to have a Comptech CAI installed and I want to know which dealership I can have it done at with minimum hassle. I know that the dealership down in San Diego (Cush) are a bunch of bastards that I have to fight with just to get a rental car . The Carlsbad location is fairly close to where I live so that would be the logical choice. Are there any horror stories about that dealership that I should hear before taking my car there? What about the Escondido location? All in all I'm pretty much dissapointed with Acura dealerships in general and I just want to make this installation as smooth as possible.

Also, the only reason I'm not doing this myself is to protect my warrantee.

Thanks in advance guys
Old 08-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Instructor

What are they charging you?
Old 08-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Originally Posted by 03 CLS
What are they charging you?
I havn't called up and asked for prices yet. I'll post as soon as I find out though.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:11 PM
I NEED MONEY!

You can install it yourself, its very easy...
Old 08-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

I've heard that it's fairly easy to do but I'm concerned that Acura will give me a hard time should I ever need warrantee work done. If I need warrantee work done and they give me a hard time I would like to be able to say "well, you installed this part so what's the problem again?". I don't know how realistic that is. Has anyone had this type of situation come up?
Old 08-12-2004, 04:32 PM
I need FI

Originally Posted by oneilc
I've heard that it's fairly easy to do but I'm concerned that Acura will give me a hard time should I ever need warrantee work done. If I need warrantee work done and they give me a hard time I would like to be able to say "well, you installed this part so what's the problem again?". I don't know how realistic that is. Has anyone had this type of situation come up?

I COMPLETELY AGREE, and that's why I'm gonna get every mod done by the dealership. It's just called playing it safe. When I say mod, I mean any engine mod, of course

Headlights, taillights, stuff like that, you can do on your own without worrying about warranty.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess that's a good reason if you are made of money or you have money trees in your backyard.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Originally Posted by phipark
I guess that's a good reason if you are made of money or you have money trees in your backyard.
That's a very good point. I'm not planning on getting much of anything else done however. I looked into this mod and the CAI gives decent gains throughout the torque curve which would be handy in normal/spirited driving. It might even allow for better gas mileage (not sure). Headers give great gains but only after 5500 rpms or something like that. Basically good for racing only so I wasn't planning on getting them since I really don't find myself doing a lot of racing (only on occasion). The hp gains gathered by the supercharger just doesn't validate the price for me so I'm pretty sure that won't happen unless I get a whole bunch of extra cash and have nothing else to spend it on.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Intermediate

I live in San Diego and use Hoehn Acura exclusively. I recommend them highly. My service writer is Jeremy and has provided the best service I've ever had. This includes my Lexus experience.
When @ Hoehn, ask for Greg to work on your car. I don't know about pricing for comptech installations, I'm just referring to normal maintenance and warranty work.

They have always provided me with a loaner car. Either an RSX or an Accord. Make an appointment to assure availability of the loaner. Cush is closer to my home but I will never use them again.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Awsome, thanks for the advice. I havn't been too pleased with Cush of San Diego either. I initially took my car there becuase that was where I bought it. However, every time I had to leave my car there I had to fight to get a loaner car. They said I couldn't have a loaner because I bought my car used and the loaners were only for those customers that bought their cars new. What kind of elitist crap is that? I'll give Hoehn a call tomorrow and see what they can do for me. I'll post what they tell me in case anyone else is interested in doing the same.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
I don't see why everyone is so worried about warranty issues when installing mods on their vehicles... , it's a waste of money and time. A dealer usually eats their own words when they encounter an informed consumer, and that is all you HAVE to be.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:47 PM
I need FI

Originally Posted by NiteQwill
I don't see why everyone is so worried about warranty issues when installing mods on their vehicles... , it's a waste of money and time. A dealer usually eats their own words when they encounter an informed consumer, and that is all you HAVE to be.
Not always. That will not always save your ass. My dealer specifically told me that they "could" void the warranty on engine pieces if they find out that my headers caused certain problems. However, if I get it installed through them and give them some labour time, I'm sure they will consider helping out. That's the way I see it
Old 08-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
Well, you live in Canada, so I don't know what the laws are up there. Of course they can void a warranty for that "specific" item if the aftermarket item proves to be negligent, but they can't void your suspension warraty because you installed a CAI, your engine warranty because you installed a new HU, etc. I've owned several modded cars and have brought them in numerous times to dealers for warranty work and when they give me a hard time, I tell them to prove it to me in writing. My point, my total cost for mods has reached in the thousands if not tens, my total cost in warranty-covered work for several years has been $0.00.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:01 PM
I need FI

I believe you Hopefully I won't have any problems when I get my headers
Old 08-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

I figure that it won't cost all that much for them to make the install. If the price is outrageous I'll just do it myself but I'd rather have it done there for piece of mind.