Anyone have any experience with Acura of Denville, in North Jersey???

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 12:03 PM
Not a Registered User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any experience with Acura of Denville, in North Jersey???

I'm going to get a problem fixed today (my passenger side
seatbelt won't retract)...
Also...

1. I sometimes also notice a trunk rattle in the back by the speakers...this doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it's annoying!!!

2. My rotors are REALLY rusted...it rubs the brake caliper (rear right side) making noises, but not all the time though....

3. My driverside door makes this squeeking noise when i shut it, but Not All The Time...

basically there's a lot of little F*ken problems with the car, but can be fixed...my salesman (Glenn) was a cool guy, and i don't wanna piss no one off there, most importantly i wanna see how "friendly" they are...but how could i prove these problems to them, especially if i know they probably won't happen at the dealer...

do you guys think i should tell them anyway? (the rotors are not that big of a problem, i was thinking of getting new ones ... i'm thinking about trading in for a 6 spd. CL, i guess it all falls down to how nicely their service is today....
Old 09-06-2002, 12:51 PM
Intermediate

Good Luck! I blow my trans. a while back and it took them almost 3 mos. to replace it and the new trans. was slipping as well! Why don't you go to Park Ave. Acura?
Old 09-06-2002, 01:35 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
I think I went to them two or three times with my previous car. Just scheduled maintenance, no strange or intermittent issues. But they were always very courteous and had Acura loaner cars.

I'd probably still be going there if I didn't move from Morris County.

It's always a good idea to write your issues down and any circumstances in which they seem occur on paper and present them to the service advisor. (It reduces the chances of miscommunication.)

On a side note, I just got my car back from PAA. The guys there were able to fix the dreaded moonroof rattle; it’s amazing how quiet the car is now. I can see why you guys really like PAA.
Old 09-06-2002, 01:44 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

I test drove a CL with them 2 years ago. Nice people but a small dealership. Make the drive to Park Avenue in Maywood. That's basically the Garden State Parkway and Rt17. They will not fail you. Great people. Call 201-587-9000 and speak to Wayne G. or Tom.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:57 PM
Not a Registered User

Originally posted by PRadonski
Good Luck! I blow my trans. a while back and it took them almost 3 mos. to replace it and the new trans. was slipping as well! Why don't you go to Park Ave. Acura?
are you sure this was Acura of Denville ??? they told me they never even heard of the tranny issue...
Old 09-07-2002, 10:55 PM
Peace. I'm out.

Went to Denville for a first look, the dealership was small, so I went to wayne acura, where I bought my type s, which incidentally had to be brought over from denville...go figure.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:19 AM
Who Needs a Type-S?

Why the heck in North Jersey would you go anywhere else but PAA. Tell Wayne you're from A-Cl, he'll do right by you..
Old 09-09-2002, 01:18 AM
Selling Chicken Parts

Springfield Acura

The sales staff sucked when I went, but the service dept seems to be a different story. When my boy's 99 CL tranny went, they fixed it in about 2 days, and it was fine after that. I was surprised to tell you the truth...

just my .02

Montclair Acura has a very good mechanic there named Roy...you can try them too...